2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

19 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

Looks like the Redskins will be wearing mono burgundy IF they decide to participate in Color Rush

Chris Cooley tweeted out "As of now... color rush for Redskins will be burgundy on burgundy."

Fine with this. If anything it operates as a kind of protest to the whole thing , especially if they wear normal white-bottomed socks and normal shoes. What would be fantastic is if they wore their white-topped striped socks. That probably won't happen. Every time the Redskins wore burgundy on burgundy between 2008 and 2011 they did so with solid burgundy-topped socks.

jason-campbell-burgundy.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I would assume Nike and the teams work together on creating the CR uniforms, no? If that's the case, then Allen and co. must have had a brain fart telling Nike they wanted this mess. Should have went all burgundy or white.

THIS!

Were they not aware that these would be used for games when they signed off on them? It's so bizarre.

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

When’s the last time the Ravens wore white pants with the black jerseys? I think that’s their best look and it seems like the last few years they been doing mono-black for both games when it used to be 1 and 1.

Since the Redskins-Cowboys is a Color Rush Matchup, would it be possible for Washington to potentially face discipline from the league if they choose not to wear their designated CR uniform and go all burgundy*? They can't go all white CR alternate either due to Dallas CR being all white.

*-While I think all gold is a different and unique change of pace for Washington, all burgundy is quite alright in my books.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Since the Redskins-Cowboys is a Color Rush Matchup, would it be possible for Washington to potentially face discipline from the league if they choose not to wear their designated CR uniform and go all burgundy*? They can't go all white CR alternate either due to Dallas CR being all white.

*-While I think all gold is a different and unique change of pace for Washington, all burgundy is quite alright in my books.

Yeah they will probably be fined. The last time I remember something like this happening is when the chargers played the broncos and the broncos brought the wrong uniform to San Diego so chargers wore navy even though they were supposed to wear white and the broncos had to wear white in their home game vs the chargers

On November 28, 2017 at 5:08 PM, DNAsports said:

I would assume Nike and the teams work together on creating the CR uniforms, no? If that's the case, then Allen and co. must have had a brain fart telling Nike they wanted this mess. Should have went all burgundy or white.

Bruce Allen is a clown. Since when does the president dictate a teams uniforms? If you didn't want a :censored:ty color rush you could've taken part seeing how into uniforms you seem to be.

1 minute ago, s3ahawkz said:

It's kinda surprising to see a team that's this serious about not wearing a uniform. I know it looks terrible but I wouldn't think a team would care this much

Nothing this team does shocks me anymore.  Seriously it is JUST a uniform for one game.  It isn't like a major overhaul of uniforms.

3 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Bruce Allen is a clown. Since when does the president dictate a teams uniforms? If you didn't want a :censored:ty color rush you could've taken part seeing how into uniforms you seem to be.

At the same time when you really only have TWO colours to choose from, burgundy and yellow, since white isn't really a colour, you pigeon hole yourself.

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

At the same time when you really only have TWO colours to choose from, burgundy and yellow, since white isn't really a colour, you pigeon hole yourself.

There were numerous routes they could have taken. The Saints had a White Fauxback and the Bengals created a whole new concept. They also could have went the Texans and Patriots route of the same color jersey with a different design or just do what the Bears and Packers did wit not changing their uniform and adding matching pants. 

Archived