2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

After tonight they should probably focus on their play instead of worrying about what they're gonna wear

They're not worrying about what they're gonna wear.  I am.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, msubulldog said:

Could Seattle perhaps go mono-gray for the 2nd time this season? With two home games left and one road game at Dallas, we know the Seahawks will wear blue tops for those games.

that would be the first alternate vs alternate game , especially with two Nike-fied teams

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

really hoping the browns go brown/orange/brown against my home town Packers, as my favorite home combos for the browns in brown/orange/brown (all though i did love the orange/brown/orange they pulled off vs the 49ers (their only victory in orange :P))

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

So they're regular number fonts aren't legible? If anything they are less legible since a lot of them are colored instead of white for color rush.

their, not they are - sorry, I can't get past that.

No, the regular number fonts aren't illegible.  I'll paint with a broad brush - many color rush jerseys have colored numbers on colored jerseys. That combination is horrible for viewing by broadcasters and fans.  By using a standard block font rather than anything else, you make the numbers as legible as possible.

For normal jerseys, the contrast between number and jersey is greater, which allows for custom number fonts to be used and still be legible, relatively speaking. Certain numbers on certain fonts (hello, Philadelphia) are just flat out tough.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

their, not they are - sorry, I can't get past that.

No, the regular number fonts aren't illegible.  I'll paint with a broad brush - many color rush jerseys have colored numbers on colored jerseys. That combination is horrible for viewing by broadcasters and fans.  By using a standard block font rather than anything else, you make the numbers as legible as possible.

For normal jerseys, the contrast between number and jersey is greater, which allows for custom number fonts to be used and still be legible, relatively speaking. Certain numbers on certain fonts (hello, Philadelphia) are just flat out tough.

I'll add that the Steelers and Falcons chose for their color rush jerseys to emulate throwback jerseys of theirs and changed their fonts according to that. As for the Bengals, it seems to me like they took a lot of creative liberty with the design because I don't think that a lot of their current front office was around when their current jerseys (and numbers) were introduced. I'll just say that I can't complain with the decision.

Something that l don't get is why y'all complaining bout the Dolphins jerseys. I mean l do like the throwback but only as a throwback , worn only 2 times per season and that's it. I think that their "new " set (the 2013 one) is the ideal blend of tradition (the logos and numbers' placement is identical to the one in the 97-2012 jerseys) and modernity. Being modern doesn't mean being Arena Football-ish, think about Minnesota or Seattle. And l also love the brighter colors I think they reflect the bright light and sea of Miami .The new logos and jerseys and the overall new identity fits well with the building (well technically they didn't build it from scratch)  of the new stadium, creating a big separation between the "old" Fins (pre 2013) and the "new" ones .  If they go back , l'll be a lil bit sad but that's only my humble opinion 

11 hours ago, Pauly said:

When was the last time the Cowboys wore the dark jerseys against the Giants?Would of been when they wore dark jerseys at home in the 1960's?Can't ever recall seeing the this uniform matchup.

1987. It was an annual occurrence from 1980 to 1987, save for the strike year of 1982.

15 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

that would be the first alternate vs alternate game , especially with two Nike-fied teams

I think the Patriots vs Lions in 2010 was the first alternate vs alternate game. If we're talking about when both teams used their third jersey other than a Thanksgiving or anniversary game.

15 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Could Seattle perhaps go mono-gray for the 2nd time this season? With two home games left and one road game at Dallas, we know the Seahawks will wear blue tops for those games.

I'm hoping Seahawks go all grey but I think they'll go with their normal away white with navy pants look

16 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

really hoping the browns go brown/orange/brown against my home town Packers, as my favorite home combos for the browns in brown/orange/brown (all though i did love the orange/brown/orange they pulled off vs the 49ers (their only victory in orange :P))

I'm sure it will be some variation of white/white for the Browns. 

5 hours ago, msubulldog said:

1987. It was an annual occurrence from 1980 to 1987, save for the strike year of 1982.

Did the Giants do it when Dallas came to town?I know Washington and Philadelphia were doing it around that time.I just can't recall seeing a Cowboys/Giants game from the Meadowlands where the Giants wore white at home.

Archived