2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

14 minutes ago, LakeShow24 said:

Chargers wearing all-navy uniforms again this Sunday against Washington

The Chargers are winning when they go with the all navy look and it is a unique look for them.Much better look for them than the all white uni's.I would think this is their LA look till further notice.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

Chargers wearing all-navy uniforms again this Sunday against Washington

I actually don’t mind this look for the Chargers (could be because of all of the white giving contrasting elements) but I hate it for the Seahawks, Titans, Rams, etc.

Maybe it’s because it’s different and switches things up a bit. I’m sure if It becomes a regular thing (ie more than once or twice a year) I’ll start to hate it too.

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As far as Color Rush matchups go, tonight’s should easily be one of the best we’ve seen:

0912_DevontaUpdated_KC.jpg

I do not hate these as I do the "all red"  looks on the Texans and Chiefs.  I think this one would benefit if the pants stripe was reversed (white/black/white).

On the TNF broadcast they said that players who win the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award will wear a patch on their uniform for the rest of their career.breespatch-e1512695712753.jpg

Rest of the career is absurd for winning a one-year award.  Combine that with the silly captain patch the NFL uses with the stars, a team wordmark in the middle for some teams, and it gets pretty busy up front.  I wonder where the patch would go on a Steelers, Jets, or Jags jersey since they all already have logo patches on the left chest.  Maybe just flip it to the right side, but what if they're a captain?

On 12/5/2017 at 6:37 PM, 8BW14 said:

That's disappointing. Color rush creeping into the regular uniform rotation is a slippery slope towards lots more crappy combos than good ones

I still feel the Rams’ Color Rush Jersey matched with their white pants would look great...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

12 hours ago, Sabres7200 said:

I wonder where the patch would go on a Steelers, Jets, or Jags jersey since they all already have logo patches on the left chest.  Maybe just flip it to the right side, but what if they're a captain?

I know in the case of the Steelers, they don't wear captain's patches (at least that I'm aware of). So if there were a MOY winner, he'd wear it on the right shoulder. The Bears do wear captain's patches, but I'd assume they'd value the MOY award over the team-voted captaincy.

12 hours ago, Sabres7200 said:

Also, the Falcons color rush jerseys are great.  I love the black numbers on a red jersey.  I just wish there was some of the black/white/black striping from the pants on the jersey, too.

Their CR jerseys are fine as is. Not every element of the uniform needs to match 100%, just as long as it's coherent and not jumbled.

NSFCvyu.png

Have they ever worn their black pants with red jersey, even if back when red was the alt?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived