2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Still don't see why the Browns would randomly go back to white at home in December, but Goforbroke hasn't been wrong about anything so I believe it.

I think the Bengals will stick with the black pants, as that has clearly been their preference and they won their last game in them at Denver. Would bring a lot to this match up. If they do go white pants, let's hope for black socks. Hate how similar that all white/orange sock look is now with both Cleveland and Cincinnati.

Consider them the new Dolphins/Cowboys. White at home is the norm at least until a uniform overhaul. Even if they hate the current set I personally don't see how the white unis are any better than the brown? But that's what they're going with.   

I've said this before but there are actually certain elements of the Browns uniforms I really like.  I like the updated colors, I like the visible stitching on the jerseys-- very cool little retro feel to it. I like the IDEA of the city name above the numbers, kind of a college football feel to it,  and I like the consistency of the striping pattern.
If they lose the pattern on the helmet stripe, the god awful text on the pants, the drop shadow on the numbers, and make the city name on the jersey a little smaller i think they'd have a nice set. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

In Week 16 - Cowboys are the only team wearing white at home, Seahawks in color on the road.

And there's one color alternate scheduled.

Finally Week 17 - everyone is wearing color at home, white on the road.  There are two color throwbacks and one white throwback (which everyone has been asking about all season)

33 minutes ago, arron said:

Is the white throwback buffalo? 

Color Throwbacks are 100% Rams and Dolphins.  The white throwback would make the most sense for Buffalo since I believe they are the only ones who have a white throwback this season.

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Color Throwbacks are 100% Rams and Dolphins.  The white throwback would make the most sense for Buffalo since I believe they are the only ones who have a white throwback this season.

So Buf@Mia in week 17 is gonna be played in the 60s since both teams are going throwback;)

Fans continue to plead for teams to permanently revert to their throwback or alternate uniforms every time they wear them, no matter what the team is (aside from maybe PIT or GB). Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the whole appeal of alternates is that they are worn rarely and give fans something to be excited about. In most cases, a permanent change would mess with teams' current color schemes and identities, which are more unique and modern and aren't worth being replaced by some outdated simplistic look IMO

4 hours ago, goforbroke said:

In Week 16 - Cowboys are the only team wearing white at home, Seahawks in color on the road.

Finally Week 17 - everyone is wearing color at home, white on the road.  There are two color throwbacks and one white throwback (which everyone has been asking about all season)

My only guess on the alternate for week 16 is either San Francisco or Arizona

5 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Any idea if Seahawks are going with blue or grey pants? I'm hoping they wear grey pants but last time in Dallas they wore all navy

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

These Dolphins throwback unis are too good not to be worn full-time.  Field looks great too.

The throwbacks look even better now that they’re on the VU template and don’t have the flywire and sweat boxes that they had on the Elite 51.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Fans continue to plead for teams to permanently revert to their throwback or alternate uniforms every time they wear them, no matter what the team is (aside from maybe PIT or GB). Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the whole appeal of alternates is that they are worn rarely and give fans something to be excited about. In most cases, a permanent change would mess with teams' current color schemes and identities, which are more unique and modern and aren't worth being replaced by some outdated simplistic look IMO

I think you perfectly described how I usually feel about throwbacks, except for the Rams but even then I only really want the helmet to go back to blue and yellow.

bSLCtu2.png

The Dolphins throwback uniforms are great, but the current logo is definitely better (IMO). The 60’s Dolphin is just too poorly drawn to stand up now as a full-time logo. It’s too old looking and just screams of something that should have stayed in the 60’s and 70’s.

I love wearing them as a special tribute twice a year as they definitely have the right appeal. However, I much prefer the cleaner current logo. I think they did it right by keeping the essential parts (aqua dolphin, orange sunburst) and cleaning it up to modern age.

I know I’m in the minority though.

2 hours ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

The Dolphins throwback uniforms are great, but the current logo is definitely better (IMO). The 60’s Dolphin is just too poorly drawn to stand up now as a full-time logo. It’s too old looking and just screams of something that should have stayed in the 60’s and 70’s.

I love wearing them as a special tribute twice a year as they definitely have the right appeal. However, I much prefer the cleaner current logo. I think they did it right by keeping the essential parts (aqua dolphin, orange sunburst) and cleaning it up to modern age.

I know I’m in the minority though.

Not necessarily, I think you're almost spot on, but the newer logo is a disaster.

It just doesn't look like a true dolphin. 

My thoughts are that they are the one of the teams that should return to their throwbacks permanently with the following tweaks:

1)  Keep the 1966 sunburst but switch the dolphin to the 1997 version, the original looks like outdated clipart

2). They didn't go to aqua pants until 1989, so they'll need them when returning to the retro version.

3)  They'll need white socks with the sleeve striping for the aqua pants (aqua socks are a bad extension to aqua pants, gives it that leotard look). The socks worn on MNF for the white pants are just fine, just not meant for aqua pants

4)  Never ever go monochrome!!

Now ya got a real winner IMO  ??

They should have never tampered with them to that extreme in the first place, like that faded color that's not really aqua anymore, it's teal, and that dumb logo.  

It's a really nice classic uniform that didn't need all those drastic changes, and ... leave the face-mask gray.  ?

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I think you perfectly described how I usually feel about throwbacks, except for the Rams but even then I only really want the helmet to go back to blue and yellow.

I'm in agreement with you.

Return to the royal blue with bright yellow pants and jersey/nobs with the blue socks.

They can revert to the white and navy with white horns from the fearsome-foursome look as their throwbacks.

Only changes IMO is make the ram horns more angular in the front of helmet as they were during the Roman Gabriel years. The current ones are too straight, there's just no angle.  That totally ruined the look.

I also like and miss the 1994 word-mark.

1 minute ago, s3ahawkz said:

No they just call that shade of gray "wolf grey"

So you're saying that they have one gray that they wear that is basically the exact same gray that's worn by half a dozen other teams, and then they have this special grey that's, like, extra wolfy? That's cool! When do you think we'll actually see this "wolf grey"?

Archived