2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

On 8/18/2017 at 0:02 PM, gothedistance said:

The Dolphins uniform schedule is up. Miami will wear white at home against the Bucs, Titans, and Jets. Aqua against the Saints, Raiders, and Broncos. Throwbacks against the Patriots and Bills.

Where did they post it? No throwbacks til Week 14 and then again in Week 17 (rare) against the same team they wore them against last season. Weak.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Where did they post it? No throwbacks til Week 14 and then again in Week 17 (rare) against the same team they wore them against last season. Weak.

The Dolphins' President and CEO posted it on Twitter:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

What's the rule regarding alternate jerseys in preseason games? Because Carolina is wearing their blue alts at Tennessee right now. Titans are wearing white over navy by the way.

SN: Have the Panthers ever worn blue socks with their blue jerseys? Seem like they only wear them with black socks.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 minute ago, 4_tattoos said:

What's the rule regarding alternate jerseys in preseason games? Because Carolina is wearing their blue alts at Tennessee right now. Titans are wearing white over navy by the way.

SN: Have the Panthers ever worn blue socks with their blue jerseys? Seem like they only wear them with black socks.

With the Titans' uniform choice, I wonder if that means they are returning to their #ClassicLook this season at home (white over navy or navy over white):  

Maybe if enough people complain, Miami will swap the scheduled throwback unis vs Buffalo and the aquas vs Oakland. Those throwbacks would look sick against the Raiders. They looked nice vs the Bills too but they've done that so why do it again...

1 hour ago, Primzahl said:

Maybe if enough people complain, Miami will swap the scheduled throwback unis vs Buffalo and the aquas vs Oakland. Those throwbacks would look sick against the Raiders. They looked nice vs the Bills too but they've done that so why do it again...

The Dolphins shouldn't wear the throwbacks against Buffalo if the team won't bother to join them with their own throwbacks. There's no point in half assing it when you hve the ability to get it right.

bSLCtu2.png

19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I wondered about this too. The NFL stopped allowing teams to wear a third jersey in the preseason in 2011. In 2014 the league made an exception when the Eagles wore black alternates against the Patriots. From 2011-2015 it seemed alternates couldn't be worn in the preseason.

Then the last 2 years the Panthers wore an alternate twice on the road against Tennessee.

16 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Dolphins shouldn't wear the throwbacks against Buffalo if the team won't bother to join them with their own throwbacks. There's no point in half assing it when you hve the ability to get it right.

who says they aren't?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I wondered about this too. The NFL stopped allowing teams to wear a third jersey in the preseason in 2011. In 2014 the league made an exception when the Eagles wore black alternates against the Patriots. From 2011-2015 it seemed alternates couldn't be worn in the preseason.

Then the last 2 years the Panthers wore an alternate twice on the road against Tennessee.

Idk the rules but for what its worth the Panthers are the only team wearing alts in the preseason.
Interesting anomaly with the Panthers this year -- it was already announced but i didnt really notice till just now..  they have a few white at home games and a color rush and a color alt --  so they won't wear they regular home uniform at home until Week 10.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 hours from the time of the game to post corrections as I am not always at my computer at the time of the games.

Preseason Week 3 (Part 1)
Dolphins @ Eagles
8oqj3E8.png7B6IeLb.jpg
Panthers @ Jaguars
6d5AGlI.jpgi58oHvE.jpg
Patriots @ Lions
T1Dtcoe.jpgoHuuZhH.png
Chiefs @ Seahawks 
lRA7SOF.jpgROwWhxU.jpg
Bills @ Ravens
wUXHPNl.jpgjcClE09.jpg

On August 19, 2017 at 2:35 PM, upperV03 said:

The Dolphins' President and CEO posted it on Twitter:

Hey at least the dolphins are starting to wear Aqua at home more who wants to see them wear Aqua permanent at home and maybe one or two games of white. I also don't like that the dolphins are wearing there throwbacks the final two games of the season instead of wearing them against the bills they should wear them against Oakland or New Orleans to spread the games out 

3 hours ago, arron said:

I dont think that the titans will wear all navy blue im gonna say navy over white. I also hope that the Bucs dont wear those pants in the pre season only I wannna see them in the regular season too

The Titans' game is a 12 noon CDT kickoff, so I'm guessing they will wear white tops (hopefully with white or Columbia pants) And speaking of which, even though it is off topic, why are the two preseason games for Tennessee in daytime.

I also have a hunch the Redskins for their 4pm EDT kickoff will go white over gold (a combo they have worn in recent preseasons when they have an afternoon game).

3 hours ago, arron said:

Hey at least the dolphins are starting to wear Aqua at home more who wants to see them wear Aqua permanent at home and maybe one or two games of white. I also don't like that the dolphins are wearing there throwbacks the final two games of the season instead of wearing them against the bills they should wear them against Oakland or New Orleans to spread the games out 

Since the Saints game is in London, the powers that be in New York probably require regular uniforms (no alts, no throwbacks, no color rush) for games #AcrossThePond.

3 hours ago, arron said:

I wished that the Dolphins would wear their throwbacks against the Jets instead of wearing white against them, don't make sense for them to wear their throwbacks against the Bills since they wore them against them last year, they should've opted to wear their regular aqua jerseys for that game

Since the Jets home opener isn't until Week 3, I don't think that they will wear white at home at all this year, plus they already wore green vs the Titans this year in their first preseason home game. Last year they wore white at home against the Jaguars in their first preseason home game. 

Archived