2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is if the Patriots win the AFC title game, they will likely wear white in SB 52 (even if they are considered the "home" team).  They won the last two Super Bowls wearing white, whereas they lost the last two Super Bowls wearing blue.  Which means Vikings or Eagles will wear color jerseys regardless the fact the SB is in Minneapolis.

OTOH, should the Jaguars pull off the upset then they will likely wear their colored jerseys, meaning the Vikings as the host Super Bowl city could be wearing white at home for the first time since the mid 1960s even though they are considered the "road" team this season.  Eagles if they win will likely wear white as well.

Does that all make sense to you?

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Post Season Conference Championship Round
AFC Championship
Jaguars @ Patriots
3rjr9eA.jpgyw3vaUr.jpg
NFC Championship 
Vikings @ Eagles
SQ5T4hz.jpg317zmqs.jpg

3 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

My guess is if the Patriots win the AFC title game, they will likely wear white in SB 52 (even if they are considered the "home" team).  They won the last two Super Bowls wearing white, whereas they lost the last two Super Bowls wearing blue.  Which means Vikings or Eagles will wear color jerseys regardless the fact the SB is in Minneapolis.

OTOH, should the Jaguars pull off the upset then they will likely wear their colored jerseys, meaning the Vikings as the host Super Bowl city could be wearing white at home for the first time since the mid 1960s even though they are considered the "road" team this season.  Eagles if they win will likely wear white as well.

I disagree. I don't think New England will choose to wear white.

16 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

I disagree. I don't think New England will choose to wear white.

The way the superbowl logo is setup with the light bluw I really think that the they will wear white bc it won’t go with the navy blue

4 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

The Patriots don't strike me as a team who give any thought to superstition. If they beat the Jags (and if I were a betting man) I'd say they'll wear blue as the home team.

2 hours ago, arron said:

The way the superbowl logo is setup with the light bluw I really think that the they will wear white bc it won’t go with the navy blue

What does that have to do with anything? That’s not how things like that work

58 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Why is the super bowl logo light blue. It should be purple because of Minnesota or just silver and black like it used to be before super bowl 50

LI was reddish.

NFL got bored with their boring logo. They also had prominently displayed the 'local logo' all over the stadiums as far back as at least Arizona's XLIX.

Patriots are 5-4 in Super Bowls

2-1 as road team

3-3 as home team

Road loss in Super Bowl XXXI in jersey before current set.

Home loss in Super Bowl  XX in Red Jersey

2 losses to Giants in current home set.

If anything they would want to wear their home jersey to go 4-3 in home jerseys if they win and 6-4 overall.

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

LI was reddish.

NFL got bored with their boring logo. They also had prominently displayed the 'local logo' all over the stadiums as far back as at least Arizona's XLIX.

Yeah but the Texans are kinda red so it makes sense

13 hours ago, Pauly said:

Patriots are 5-4 in Super Bowls

2-1 as road team

3-3 as home team

Road loss in Super Bowl XXXI in jersey before current set.

Home loss in Super Bowl  XX in Red Jersey

2 losses to Giants in current home set.

If anything they would want to wear their home jersey to go 4-3 in home jerseys if they win and 6-4 overall.

Patriots were the road team and wore their white jerseys for 3 of their Super Bowl wins.

Vs. Eagles, Seahawks and Falcons.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived