Little Big League: What if Brandiose Designed the MLB? (Baltimore posted 2/7)

Bruins

This is gorgeous. I love how you've somehow managed to completely abolish almost everything about the original teams while maintaining a unique character for each one and drawing from the real team.

I have two issues with this one in particular. One is the arm, as mentioned. The other is the head, which looks somehow pasted on. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's the best I can phrase it. I don't know if it's the angle or the size.

On the whole, though, another A+ effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so here is the last of the first six teams, and another of Coco's excellent suggestions (along with setting the foundation for this set), the South Side (Chicago) Hitmen!:

'It's tough to make gangsters jive with a kid-friendly baseball aesthetic, but with incorporating a homage to the ChiSox's 80's batter man logo while sticking with their current monochrome color palette, (I) think (I've) achieved that. As (I) mentioned, the batter man finally makes a primary return, although in different form with Capone style three-piece and jaunty fedora. The font and word mark style also makes a return, of course also in different form. Two different alternate logos help tie the set together, one being a stylized SS and the other a simplified suit subtly pointing south in an Illinois outline. All in all the new Hitmen's logo set is dark but dapper, kind of like the historical figures that inspired it.

sy6vN87.jpg

So there you have it the first set of 6 entries into this series! Like i said before, next i will be starting to elaborate on these brands and going full Brandiose MiLB style with them, which will include plenty of Special Night concepts. I'd absolutely love to hear what kind of outlandish ideas you guys can come up with for those, so don't hold back with the sugs! Thanks again for all the great feedback!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Boy, you gotta be awfully careful about implementing an "SS" monogram, no matter how many people in Bridgeport and Mount Greenwood would be totally cool with it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 hours ago, Bruins said:

Alright, so here is the last of the first six teams, and another of Coco's excellent suggestions (along with setting the foundation for this set), the South Side (Chicago) Hitmen!:

YES!!

This is a pretty pleasant surprise, as I was fully expecting you to forego the Hitmen and do the Bombers (who I still hope to see eventually) next. The Hitmen are amazingly pretty much exactly as I envisioned them. The Illinois outline logo is very cool and clever. 

5 minutes ago, Bruins said:

How is it that I have unintentionally included references to both the Communists and Nazis in this series so far?

Ha! I think the "SS" thing was unavoidable. And I highly doubt the millions of people across the world with the initials "SS" don't use their initials out of fear of being associated with Nazis. 

On June 15, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Darknes said:

Well one of the Chicago teams has to go Deep Dish Pizza, I think the Cubbies might work for that, another could go Italian Beef Sandwiches.

Cubs vs. Mets Pizza Night, Deep Dish vs. Thin Crust, all set up. Great Idea!

5 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Giants vs A's 

Metallica vs Green Day

This seems like it would be great for one of those wacky uniform nights for charity, although those aren't usually linked to Brandiose in any way. However I could figure something out with it, I like the idea.

2 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I know it may be a bit too edgy, but I think it'd be interesting and funny to see the Rockies with a "Legal Weed" night, or something like that. Their name could be the "Doobies" or something else.

Yeah, that probably wouldn't go over too well. I wouldn't make a weed logo anyway, and I'm not 100% sure the mods would even allow it. Would be pretty funny to see that on-field though :lol:.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, so after a too long hiatus, I am back and back with the first uniform set of the series so far, the Long Island Metropolitans! If you're wondering why I didn't post hats, since the hats are such a big part of Brandiose's designs, i will be including them separately instead just having them be a facet of the uniforms. And if you're wondering about the "template", It's the same as Brandiose used for the Ironpigs, at least in spirit. C&C appreciated!

DAmMEinXcAAzldm.jpg

BcbCmCi.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

• 3 weeks later...

'It was recently announced that the Oakland Swingin' A's will take the field as the Oakland Gnomes on Sunday home games next year. The brand is based on the wooden paintings of garden gnomes that can be found on the bases of telephone poles around Oakland, CA. Uniforms have yet to be revealed.'

sZx81gb.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

"The Gnomes' Uniforms are designed to be whimsical along with the overall theme. The colors of the jersey base and hat are the same as the gnome mascot himself, and the wordmark captures most of the main logo's color to make the jersey pop. The numbering is meant to represent Oakland's gnome paintings themselves, loosely at least."

w7E7JY5.jpg

LaqMz7y.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived