• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2017 at 11:09 AM, hettinger_rl said:

I wonder if it's just a place holder for the player name?

Getting a good look at the pics now, I think of it more as a "Your Ad Here" sign Gatorade wants their logo on the uniforms.

• 1 month later...

I may be biased since I've lived in the DC area most of my life, but I like the name chosen for the Wizards D/G-League team. It's regional and original. Though I'm sure people from outside of DC think of a completely different thing when they hear the word "Go-Go". Not to mention Capital City immediately makes most people think of The Simpsons :P

Still like the name nonetheless.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

11 minutes ago, bowld said:

Someone explain the meaning behind this. When I hear gogo all I think is sexy club dancers

It's based on local music; did you click on the article? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:22 PM, 4_tattoos said:

I may be biased since I've lived in the DC area most of my life, but I like the name chosen for the Wizards D/G-League team. It's regional and original. Though I'm sure people from outside of DC think of a completely different thing when they hear the word "Go-Go". Not to mention Capital City immediately makes most people think of The Simpsons :P

Still like the name nonetheless.

I don't think many people put enough stock into how it resonates with the (in this case intended) fan base. Something about the identity or name may seem strange or sub-par, but is being done because the fans like it. That really is the most important aspect. I may need to get a hat with that secondary logo on it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, ZipperClub said:

I’m surprised Nike allowed that set to happen. I’m aware those aren’t Nike-manufactured, but they have their mark identified with the League.

It's still the minor leagues so they're fine letting someone else not names adidas put out bad uniforms for a game. Arena League did this too with the "military appreciation" uniforms. most were made by Wilson even though Russell and then Under Armour were league manufacturers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived