Newmarket Mustangs UK American Football Team - constructive criticism needed!

philhiney

Hello,

I've been working on this design for quite a while and come up with a few different options. The trouble is I have no idea which one to go forward with? Would love to hear everyones feedback on the design they prefer and hopefully why that is (so that it will help in the future). Also love to hear any feedback on how to improve the logo in general. 

All feedback is very much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Phil

FFD 

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 11.17.16.png

I think the bottom left uses the space better and has the better color scheme. I suggest you change the horse's mane to the color used in the top left. It would contrast better with the current background. Right now the mane and background are the same color which makes it harder to define the mane that is wrapping around the neck. 

My big issue is with the snout being too thin. The bottom jaw is nonexistent. If you add a thin cream color jaw line connecting to the chin it could make big difference. 

I like the eye with and without the pupil. Without is more menacing. 

I prefer the colorings of the top left one. But I prefer wordmark to be like the bottom ones, also the top left one needs a pupil. Will you be doing any jerseys?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

I prefer the composition of the top versions because the bend in the horseshoe is less covered so you can see more of its overall shape.

As far as colors, the top right is my favorite with the black mane and tan horse/outline, as well as the pupil in the eye.

There's a lot going on but it all fits together nicely. My favorite aspect is the way the mane swoops around.

Have to disagree.  I think the pupil improves the logo.  One quick thought, and feel free to ignore this, but by definition isn't a mustang a wild horse, which  means it would not be wearing horseshoes?

On 13/05/2017 at 0:28 PM, WideRight said:

One quick thought, and feel free to ignore this, but by definition isn't a mustang a wild horse, which  means it would not be wearing horseshoes?

You are correct, as I found this out when researching Mustangs, but I used a little bit of creative license. Also Newmarket is a very famous horse racing Town, so I'll say the horseshoe represents the racecourse (I also didn't come up with the team name ;))

On 7.5.2017 at 0:26 PM, philhiney said:

Hello,

I've been working on this design for quite a while and come up with a few different options. The trouble is I have no idea which one to go forward with? Would love to hear everyones feedback on the design they prefer and hopefully why that is (so that it will help in the future). Also love to hear any feedback on how to improve the logo in general. 

All feedback is very much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Phil

FFD 

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 11.17.16.png

Only two likes before I liked? Seriously? Beautifully rendered, no complaints or even nitpicking from me. I would favor the top right for two reasons: best colors and the horse's mane adds a nice touch to the logo's shape. Very sweet work.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived