What team is this?

I found this in a children's book in the library. The book is called "Football for Fun" and is copyrighted 2003. The text does not say who the picture is of, nor the team in question. I've never seen this helmet and uniform before. What team is it? Anyone know?

20170428_154636.jpg

Can I ask what page the picture is on? I was able to find a digital copy of the book via Google Books & if I find who took the image, I might be able to find the team. I think it's a small college team, but I'm not certain. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

22 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Can I ask what page the picture is on? I was able to find a digital copy of the book via Google Books & if I find who took the image, I might be able to find the team. I think it's a small college team, but I'm not certain. 

I don't have the book and I took the picture over a week ago. Forgot about it until today.

23 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I found this in a children's book in the library. The book is called "Football for Fun" and is copyrighted 2003. The text does not say who the picture is of, nor the team in question. I've never seen this helmet and uniform before. What team is it? Anyone know?

20170428_154636.jpg

22 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Did a quick search on tineye.com, and it appears to be an older Getty image that is no longer active (https://www.tineye.com/search/87963136b52cb5520dd1d32b794d213a5ebccef0/). Could just be a staged photo and isn't actually a real team? 

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 10.10.50 AM.png

The helmet looks doctored in the second.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

My first thought was this helmet of the Portland Breakers, but the colors don't match up. Could easily be a college team that is using the same decal with alt colors. Will look deeper into it.

72488b_lg.jpeg

"Roll Along"

12 hours ago, dhamen0420 said:

My first thought was this helmet of the Portland Breakers, but the colors don't match up. Could easily be a college team that is using the same decal with alt colors. Will look deeper into it.

72488b_lg.jpeg

That is pretty terrible LOL

8 hours ago, umlegend1980 said:

I am guessing it was staged for print media as there are no markinga on his shoes at all.  No cleat manufacturer has ever made a cleat without their logo somewhere on it.

Looks like the cleats are taped to me. Then again, the logo could have been removed in photoshop. As I recall, Topps would do this a lot with their cards. 

Archived