Old Uniforms That Are Better Than Their Current Uniforms

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved this set from San Jose, and think of it as a rare example of the white jersey being better

image_5.jpeg

The Canadien's road jersey is too bland. I Wish they would have kept this for the last 70 years

image_3.jpeg

I don't like either of Dallas's edge era uniforms.

CD513A7B-EE2E-4443-A527-5B15600C18BC.jpg

I love the Rangers blue jersey with the stripes beeing separated.

D8CB84AB-5651-45E1-B074-51C84C9FB2D7.jpg

Carolina no explanation needed.

F2BDBDB7-C860-4557-B19C-EA2FC8CE6851.jpg

Most teams have been around long enough to have several looks and are therefore likely to be a valid reply without the respondent being dismissed as close-minded to modern designs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

33 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seriously...name a team that is currently wearing their best look ever.  I honestly can't think of one.  (Carolina Panthers, maybe?)

Nashville Predators, Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets

Maybe unpopular for these ones, but the Boston Bruins and the Minnesota Vikings...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

37 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seriously...name a team that is currently wearing their best look ever.  I honestly can't think of one.  (Carolina Panthers, maybe?)

If they only used primaries, I'd say the Cavs in a heartbeat.  But they let the Alta mess that up.

Blue Jays.

Angels.

Astros.

Others that don't change a lot, too   like the Bulls, Spurs, Red Wings, etc.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

mightyducks.thumb.jpg.cfe918bb284d2c80cd3c037e209d9351.jpg

Better logo, better uniform design, and better colour balance than almost everything the Ducks have worn since. The current home uniform is OK, but too many design flaws like the godawful sidepanels really bring it down. Going with a new set based on the orange thirds would be a massive improvement, even over the original Mighty Ducks uniforms.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I actually prefer the eggplant version over the whites. I just happened to find this photo first :P 

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived