NHL City Mashup Series (Finished)

NoE38_Concepts

Next up is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the style of the Lightning. This one was particularly hard because of the Bucs color scheme and lack of a real striping pattern. I chose to use a large charcoal stripe and put orange and white on each side of the stripe. I used the charcoal stripe for both jerseys because when I tried it with the red, the orange blended into it. I also simplified the alarm clock font.

OnDzWZm.png

C&C is appreciated!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 7/25)(Tampa Bay Lightning-Buccaneers up!)
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up is the Toronto Raptors in the style of the Maple Leafs. I based the jerseys off teasers of the Raptors' new Nike unis, so the color balance is a little off. I took the two chevrons from the teasers on the sleeves, and put one on the hem. The name and numbers are the same colour as they presumably would be on their new jerseys. 

nRB3ZIc.png

Only 4 more to go after this one!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 7/29)(Toronto Maple Leafs-Raptors up!)
On 7/20/2017 at 2:15 PM, NoE38 said:

Next up is the St. Louis Cardinals in the style of the St. Louis Blues. The Cardinals are one of the only teams in baseball whose socks have striping, so I took them and used them as the uniform striping. Like the blues, both jerseys have colored yokes and cuffs. The yoke also features similar striping to the Blues jerseys, but I'm not 100% sold on the color layout yet. I used the cap logo on the jerseys because I felt it looked the best. 

tCKvNPS.png

C&C is appreciated!

Sharp! The striping on the white makes me think of a barber pole. They should wear white at home and have a barbershop quartet perform the National Anthem! :)

Next up we have the Vancouver Whitecaps in the style of the Canucks. Since the Whitecaps have no real striping pattern on their jerseys, I based the striping pattern off a scarf I found of the team shop. The exact same striping pattern is used on both jerseys, and the white one has a cuff, like the Canucks. The white jersey is the team's home jersey.

CrObcOa.png

Up next is Vegas!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 8/6)(Vancouver Canucks-Whitecaps up!)

Next up we have the Vegas Golden Knights in the style of the Raiders, who are relocating to Vegas in 2020. Both jerseys have colored upper arms, with simplistic striping in the style of the Raiders. The black jersey uses silver numbers like the Raiders, and the gloves were designed to be like the Knights'. 

h2vRrVD.png

2 left to go!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 8/7)(Vegas Golden Knights-Raiders up!)
4 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Next up we have the Vegas Golden Knights in the style of the Raiders, who are relocating to Vegas in 2020. Both jerseys have colored upper arms, with simplistic striping in the style of the Raiders. The black jersey uses silver numbers like the Raiders, and the gloves were designed to be like the Knights'. 

h2vRrVD.png

2 left to go!

Wow. My favourite of the series so far!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Cool idea--setting the guidelines & going through them.

As I almost always have to comment on any Flames concepts one thing I woudl have done differently it eliminate the red circle on the horse on the red jerseys--it is unnecessary & I feel it detracts from the rest--you do need something for the whites or the logo would just disappear.

I would like to see a BC Lions concept for the Canucks--that new lion's head they introduced last year could look cool on a hockey uniform.

It is also interesting to see how some logos from other sports woudl work on a hockey uniform.

Some work real well, some not so well-which isn't your fault --as you did not design the logos

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Our 2nd-last mashup is the Washington Wizards in the style of the Capitals. I'm not a fan of their current design, and it was hard to find a way to make this one not a direct copy, but I feel it works. The same swoosh on the Caps' template is there, but the full-length yoke piping is filled in on both jerseys, and recreates the pattern on the Wizards jerseys. The side panels have the striping on the Wizards' sleeved jersey, and the yoke striping is replicated on the socks.

LieshXw.png

Only 1 to go!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 8/10)(Washington Capitals-Wizards up!)

Let's wrap this series up!

The final mashup is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the style of the Jets. The home jersey has the traditional layout, and the away has a sleeve-length yoke, both like the jets. The waist stripes extend to the bottom of the hem, and the gloves are plain, like the Jets. I left the maple leaf red on the shoulder patch as the Jets don't use it on their jerseys.

TFJKuiQ.png

Big Thanks to everyone to all of you for your critiques, comments, likes, and views! This series was extremely fun to do, and look out for another one coming up!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (Finished) (Winnipeg Jets-Blue Bombers up!)

All these team jerseys in here. .wow!!! some impressive ones.. and the Bombers-Jets jersey?? holy cow... definitely a cool one!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (Finished)
  • 1 year later...

Now that the nuggets and jets have changed their looks, maybe an update is is order?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived