Primary Logos That Are Rarely Used

sportsfan0518

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

OK, true.  But there are plenty of applications in which just the shield is used without the awkward "Brooklyn" -- I should know, because I bought several hats, jackets, and shirts that have that logo.   Also, the shield alone could be at centre court, just as the 76ers' court used to have their logo without the city name.

None

Their new court uses just the "76", which is a downgrade; but the point is that it still isn't the full primary logo with the city name.

050317_SixersCourt_AP

(To be honest, I'd like to see a rule that would require the Sixers to go back to their previous floor, and the Nets to use their shield.  The rule should require the primary logo at centre court, allowing for the removal of the city name.)

Allowing for the removal of the city name = allowing a logo other than the primary.. 

Yes, the rule requiring full team name in the primary is dumb, but it'd be real tough to try to allow certain secondaries or partials, but not others.. 

The shield isn't the primary - The shield above "BROOKLYN" is the primary.. The nets reserve the right to look like crap, and they are exercising that right to the fullest

Archived