New WNBA Team Concept Art (Boston)

artplaya0711

Howdy folks!

I started a concept art project for what future WNBA teams would look like should they ever exist. Although not all NBA teams have "sister" teams who share the same arena as their NBA counterparts, I've came up with some ideas for possible "sister" teams to their NBA brothers. The first one I will be sharing is Boston.

I present to you, the Boston Charm, sister team to the Boston Celtics. And yes, I've designed the unis and the court.

boston_charm_1-100.thumb.jpg.f714a91d571bc234e0d0b6d0d0b94c89.jpg

boston_charm_court-100.thumb.jpg.fa3324b7faef0d349d6d5faf55388b8d.jpg

The Charm uses the same exact color scheme used by the Celtics: green and gold. It also uses the iconic shamrock in its logo and on its uniforms. I also added a second alternate uniform which is black and has "Bean Town" written across the front.

I know the court is missing a few things, but I just wanted to give the general idea of what the court is expected to look like. The TD Garden logo's placement is different from the one on the Celtics court.

More teams will be coming soon and I hope to submit my ideas to the WNBA when they're ready to expand. Also, I'll be doing new concepts for the defunct teams from the early 2000s. I would gladly appreciate any and all feedback. Ask yourself; what do you think about the team name, the court, the uniforms, the idea in general?

• artplaya0711 changed the title to New WNBA Team Concept Art (Boston)
2 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Although the concept is good, I'd like to have seen it with the corporate sponsor ad on the jersey.

Secondly, I don't see Boston getting a team as long as there's the team in Connecticut.

They could always move if the Celtics decided to join up.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Although the concept is good, I'd like to have seen it with the corporate sponsor ad on the jersey.

Secondly, I don't see Boston getting a team as long as there's the team in Connecticut.

It's just a mockup, and I don't know what major Boston sports sponsor to use. And yes, the Connecticut team does fall within the New England/Boston area market and therefore, it's doubtful that they'll add a team in Boston unless they relocate there. But just imagine if a WNBA team existed in Boston. I'm not expecting all of these to become real.

First off, I love the name. Very WNBA.  But I'm not feeling the placement of the shamrock panels. They make the whole jersey feel like a blouse or a pinafore, a little too girly for the WNBA.

rATMcmK.png

1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

First off, I love the name. Very WNBA.  But I'm not feeling the placement of the shamrock panels. They make the whole jersey feel like a blouse or a pinafore, a little too girly for the WNBA.

I can make them blend more into the uniform without them standing out too much--good observation, though. The shamrock pattern is drawing way too much attention.

3 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

What about sublimating the shamrocks like the Magic jerseys that had the sublimated stars?

I just mentioned that in a reply to another member, saying I would make them blend in. That I will look into.

Archived