MLB | New York Yankees primary logo update + alternate logo

Go Red Sox!

I've dedicated this thread to my Boston Red Sox's biggest arch rival, the New York Yankees, by updating their classic primary logo that has been used by the club since 1947.

The entire logo is built from scratch. Since NY's main color is not red, I decided to reduce it, so the emphasis is now on the color navy. I also renewed and slightly thickened the red baseball stitches to create a cleaner look. The baseball bat is also slightly modified.

I know that purists, Yankee hardcore fans would love to hit me now with at least one bat, but I've been toying with the idea of putting that concept into practice for quite a while.

There's also an alternate mark I've created. Very simple, yet using the classic Yankees look. Could be worn on alternate navy uniforms with the interlocked "NY" on the chest for regular season usage. I know the chance those navy unis might become reality one day is, I guess, very, very, very slim.

2000px-New-York-Yankees-Logo.svg.thumb.png.4e97ba638d18e7b898a825bdc692fd83.png

Current logo

NY%20Yankees%20primary%20logo_zpsogw15vp

NY%20Yankees%20alternate%20logo_zpslt1ub

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived