Sign in to follow this  
rmackman

Screen Printed Numbers on Jerseys

I own a blank 1993 Green Bay Packers jersey that I want to get lettered. However, in 1993 Green Bay used screen printing instead of sewn-on tackle twill. 

I am curious as to if anyone knows of a company that can apply the lettering in the same way as back then. 

56 minutes ago, BgMack27 said:

I own a blank 1993 Green Bay Packers jersey that I want to get lettered. However, in 1993 Green Bay used screen printing instead of sewn-on tackle twill. 

I am curious as to if anyone knows of a company that can apply the lettering in the same way as back then. 

Any sports shop can, especially with the packers using block its easy

Props for wanting that level of historical accuracy. When you do get it done, I'd love to see the result!

Hmmm - so I have a blank Sand Knit from back in that timeframe (which I WISH I still fit in). Maybe I ought to get it numbered and then try to sell it.

Google "screen printing Miami" (which I think is where you live).  Or if someone has better direction, let him know...a sports-specific place that does this is probably a bit better than a place that primarily produces t-shirts that say Vote for Pedro.

I used to do this some way, way back in the day (like, early 1990s).  You do have to be careful with the quality. With the Packers being one color and (I think) a pretty basic font, you are at an advantage.  Back in the day, my buddy had a decent replica Elway Jersey with no name on back.  He took it to the local place and the font is just hilarious.  So make sure to convey the font or ask for examples.  You may want to see whether you can find customer reviews.  These places are out there, but very, very few of their customers are hard-core uniform geeks.

ebay didn't have one w/ numbers? I found a Champion Packers jersey w/ numbers from the 84-88 season where they had the embedded G. I also have a logo athletic Reggie White jersey and a champion Sean Jones jersey w/ the striping they had in 1993.

Also worth keeping in mind that there are several block fonts out there - best to find a photo reference.  What number were you thinking of using?

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Also worth keeping in mind that there are several block fonts out there - best to find a photo reference.  What number were you thinking of using?

I think it's best to go with Reggie White #92.  Second choice would be Sterling Sharpe #84.  I already have a Favre from 2003 and a Rodgers from 2010.