The Hand Drawn NHL - Vegas Golden Knights Update 8/13/2018.

Morgan33

Next!

Ottawa Senators 2.0

Decided to base this update around the previous alternate and give it the logo the actual team should use.  The main set attempts to encapsulate the entire history of Ottawa hockey, merging the barber-pole look with the roman theme.  C & C appreciate, thanks for looking!

uSXWclp.jpg

Ottawa Senators 1.0

W8fVcmy.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think those all look great.  For the 1.0 and the alternate on the 2.0, i feel the white stripes should be black, and then adjust the smaller stripes accordingly.  Or another way of putting it is to match the stripes to the road on the 1.0 set, but still switch the red stripe with the laurel to the black.  That would give it a more 'Senators" feel to me.  

15 hours ago, Morgo said:

Back after a long absence with some new updates!  I have 9 new drawings to share and I'll be posting a new one each day.

Anaheim Ducks 2.0

A discussion in one of the NHL threads inspired me to do something completely different for this team.  I centered this identity around two prototype logos from 2006 and added jade to their colour scheme to acknowledge the Mighty years.  The striping of the main set in inspired from their short lived alternate that predated their name change.  The alternate is an attempt at salvaging what the team actually went with.  C & C very much appreciated, thanks for looking!

6lI9voy.jpg

This is honestly better than anything the Ducks have ever worn in real life. Nice work.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I just looked back and that Ducks alt is sweet, but I think I actually like your 1.0 set more. I think it manages the color scheme really well and I really want to see what an orange helmet would look like in real life with that set. 

For the Bruins, only change id make is stick with pure white and not vintage white. 

Also, small detail I love is the feathers for the helmet logo on the Blackhawks. Great idea!

Thank you to everyone who commented :) .

6 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

As usual, these are all fantastic. Have you thought on updating your template to an Adidas collar?

I have.  My template is essentially a CCM 6100 cut with Reebok collar options.  I've long maintained that Reebok got the collars pretty much perfect and couldn't imagine eliminating them from the series all-together.  I thought about incorporating the Adidas collar as an option but just haven't brought myself to use one yet. 

Next update

Calgary Flames 2.0

The Flames currently use too much black but I think eliminating it all-together would be a big mistake.  This set is based loosely off the pedestal jerseys with a significantly more toned down striping configuration.  The alternate is based off a prototype logo associated with their 2013 alternate.  C & C appreciated, thanks for looking!

Oabj0GT.jpg

Calgary Flames 1.0

croqyqV.jpg

I kind of agree on the too much white, but I think just eliminating the shoulder yoke would be sufficient. 

Like the alternate, except the logo. Using the triangle mountain detail is a great touch. Curious if the vertical stripes representing the wheat fields (I think that's what they were for) would be interesting too. 

Next Update

Tampa Bay Lightning 2.0

Refined my last Lightning concept into something a little more traditional while merging the current logo with the past.  The Lightning don't need to dress like the Maple Leafs, they need to embrace the look they won the Stanley cup with.  The alternate is a little more 90's inspired which I think is appropriate since the team was established in 1991.  C & C always appreciated, thanks for looking.

v56rjMy.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning 1.0

Z1jMHvn.jpg

29 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Next Update

Tampa Bay Lightning 2.0

Refined my last Lightning concept into something a little more traditional while merging the current logo with the past.  The Lightning don't need to dress like the Maple Leafs, they need to embrace the look they won the Stanley cup with.  The alternate is a little more 90's inspired which I think is appropriate since the team was established in 1991.  C & C always appreciated, thanks for looking.

v56rjMy.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning 1.0

Z1jMHvn.jpg

2.0 is exactly what they should have done: modernize the Cup set. Seeing how beautiful your concepts are makes me really shake my head about the direction the Lightning ended up taking (like you said: off-brand Maple Leafs). Same with the Ducks.

keep up the superb work my dude

Next update!

Carolina Hurricanes 2.0

The main set needs no explanation but the alternate is an attempt to salvage what the team just released.  I hate how the "storm grey" is featured on the yoke and nowhere else so I added it to the sleeves, socks and pants for a more balanced look.  C & C appreciated, thanks for looking!

ZJfI5Zi.jpg

Carolina Hurricanes 1.0

bNjT1WM.jpg

As cheesy as this sounds...it's amazing how much these hand-drawn colors "pop."  Everything's so vivid.  Comments on a couple...(and acknowledging upfront that I am anti-laces, so I won't bring that into the individual teams)

Dallas: Beautiful, particularly the primaries.  One could argue that they should use the "Stars" logo they've had since before the move. But a simple logo goes well with a simple name like "Stars."  (And of course I love the nod to the Minnesota era).  The only beef I have is that you introduce TWO new logos (ignoring the helmets) to the alt.  What about one of the alts as shoulder patches to both primaries (though that would break pattern on the green)?  Either that or dump the Texas logo from the alt, use the "Stars" logo on the front and the plain star on the shoulders.  Regardless, these primaries are so nice you can sign me right up for the whole look.

Wild: With new uniforms coming out, I'd take those primaries if offered.  (I'm guessing this was your plan...) You've taken their best current jersey (white), better integrated the colors (as opposed to the stripes being only green) and then made home and road match.  Any complaints I have would be mere nitpicks.  I'll come up with one...I'd love to see the traditional rounded yoke on these.  The alt is interesting.  Two beefs. First, it may need more stripe treatment on the hem.  Second (and I am pretty alone in this one) it has the green sleeves from their first version of the red jersey and I did not like those...I actually preferred the faux yoke, which made the green seem less "plopped on" (which I know makes no sense...I just did not like it) to me.  Now the logo...that's pretty cool.  Obvious nod to the North Stars; OK with me.  I know there have been other similar concepts and the thing I'm struggling with is it kinda looks like the animal head is just pushed down partly off-screen.  Not sure how that would be remedied.

Flames: Full disclosure; I love the 1980s flames and feel the addition of black takes them from the top-5 to, at best, middle of the pack.

The Ducks (version with green) is really, really nice and a reminder of how disappointing and uninspired their look is.

But it's time to let the Islanders fisherman die :) 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Next!

Vegas Golden Knights 2.0

Really isn't much for the Knights to change, just wish they used red a bit more.  Also gave them a unique pants-design for some added flair.  C & C welcome and appreciated, Thanks for looking!

bZ4oLNm.jpg

Vegas Golden Knights 1.0

sZuuq8W.jpg

Archived