Jump to content

WGN new logo


The SHOW

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MadmanLA said:

I thought they would have went throwback like WPIX and KTLA with their current identities, but it's a nice logo though.

I know what you mean I thought WGN was going to bring this back and speaking of KTLA I heard they may leave CW

2017-05-18-13-07-25--450785792.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The SHOW said:

I know what you mean I thought WGN was going to bring this back and speaking of KTLA I heard they may leave CW

2017-05-18-13-07-25--450785792.jpeg

No idea what Sinclair has planned for KTLA other than compete locally against FOX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll take some getting used to after 14-ish years of the last one but it's okay I guess. Seems to match 720's logo a little better, which is dynamite timing now that they probably won't have the same owner much longer. I'll have to see what the package is like for the enfeebled remains of WGN Sports whenever they get around to airing a Cubs game again.

 

I wish they would have updated the AT&T-looking 9 logo in the thread here. That's the WGN I remember best from childhood. Never liked the W6N logo from the late '90s/early '00s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually used to intern for WGN when I was in college, believe it or not. After seeing that old logo so often, it's going to be so strange to get used to the new one.

 

This one seems...I don't know, too plain I guess. For a station with such a distinctive morning show, the logo sure does blend in more than I would like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

It'll take some getting used to after 14-ish years of the last one but it's okay I guess. Seems to match 720's logo a little better, which is dynamite timing now that they probably won't have the same owner much longer. I'll have to see what the package is like for the enfeebled remains of WGN Sports whenever they get around to airing a Cubs game again.

 

I wish they would have updated the AT&T-looking 9 logo in the thread here. That's the WGN I remember best from childhood. Never liked the W6N logo from the late '90s/early '00s.

 

 

Yep...when I was a kid, in between our family's moving back-and-forth from Illinois to Los Angeles, WGN was always a great way to catch up on some of my favorite cartoons a couple hours before the L.A. stations aired them.  That's of course when the Cubs weren't playing in the afternoons.

 

Now, looking at the "9" logo, the "globe" part in detail looks almost identical to the AT&T logo from 1999-2005...

 

185?cb=20151121174328

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, sayahh said:

No idea what Sinclair has planned for KTLA other than compete locally against FOX.

From what I heard they want to make KTLA independent like WGN but it all depends if CW want to reup plus I heard KCOP want CW if they leave KTLA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

 

 

Yep...when I was a kid, in between our family's moving back-and-forth from Illinois to Los Angeles, WGN was always a great way to catch up on some of my favorite cartoons a couple hours before the L.A. stations aired them.  That's of course when the Cubs weren't playing in the afternoons.

 

Now, looking at the "9" logo, the "globe" part in detail looks almost identical to the AT&T logo from 1999-2005...

 

185?cb=20151121174328

 

I know what you mean when WB first started we used to watch the Wayan Brother 3 hours before KTLA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The SHOW said:

From what I heard they want to make KTLA independent like WGN but it all depends if CW want to reup plus I heard KCOP want CW if they leave KTLA

That's very interesting since KCOP is a MyTV channel right now and, IIRC, co-owned by Fox. Why would KTLA want to give up CW programming? It's its strongest in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sayahh said:

That's very interesting since KCOP is a MyTV channel right now and, IIRC, co-owned by Fox. Why would KTLA want to give up CW programming? It's its strongest in years.

WPWR in Chicago got the CW and they still do MyTV so if KCOP get CW they'll probably put MyTV at 11 like last year and as for KTLA I think they want to be independent WGN left CW and they're still #1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, The SHOW said:

WPWR in Chicago got the CW and they still do MyTV so if KCOP get CW they'll probably put MyTV at 11 like last year and as for KTLA I think they want to be independent WGN left CW and they're still #1

 

Another reason WGN went back to independent was that they wanted to keep all of their sports inventory to themselves, instead to having to farm-out certain games to WPWR (and WCIU before that).  Although with this impending Sinclair-Tribune merger, we'll see how much longer WGN keeps their sports deals beyond 2019-20 (about the time all of their current deals expire).  The Cubs have gung-ho about launching their own network after the WGN, WLS-TV, and CSN Chicago expire (2019)...as I've seen out here in L.A. with the Dodgers, the Cubs might more inclined to take all of their games cable-only.  Hate to say it, but it's especially prevalent in this "cord-cutting" era, sports on over-the-air is a dying breed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

 

Another reason WGN went back to independent was that they wanted to keep all of their sports inventory to themselves, instead to having to farm-out certain games to WPWR (and WCIU before that).  Although with this impending Sinclair-Tribune merger, we'll see how much longer WGN keeps their sports deals beyond 2019-20 (about the time all of their current deals expire).  The Cubs have gung-ho about launching their own network after the WGN, WLS-TV, and CSN Chicago expire (2019)...as I've seen out here in L.A. with the Dodgers, the Cubs might more inclined to take all of their games cable-only.  Hate to say it, but it's especially prevalent in this "cord-cutting" era, sports on over-the-air is a dying breed.

Hate to say it but you're right case in point the Lakers leaving KCAL 9 after 35+ years and it won't surprised me if KTLA & the Dodgers get a deal so people who don't have cable cam watch 20-30 games mostly on weekends since CW have no programming. As for the Cubs more than likely they're getting their own channel the White Sox probably going to WPWR 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.