crazyboy335's NHL Redesign (Take a Color, Leave a Color)

crazyboy335

So I've had this idea in my head where teams are required to drop a color and replace it with another. Most redesigns circle around bringing back old colors or cycling the palettes to make them more appealing, so I decided to try something a little more out of the ordinary. This is my first time doing anything like this, so criticism is appreciated!

First up is the Lightning. I hate how they have black for basically no reason, so I had them drop it and exchange it with a bright, electric blue. The crest also gains a shadow, and the alternate goes from a classic roundel to an outline of Florida outlined like the crest.

WnZ0FA.png

TEtN0q.png

oHSM6N.png

What do you guys think? Anything I should work on?

This is definitely wacky, so i'll give you credit there. I also really like what you did with the logo. It calls back to the team's past and fits in with the jersey.

As for the striping, This would look better if it was either toned down a bit, or if it was only on the arms. For the font, I would make it either 3D like the logo, or use the font the Lightning used for their Thunderstorm alternate. Just some execution things to work on, the name and number on the back are too big, and the template line should end at the striping. Lastly, I would make the collars different colours than the yoke, as they blend in right now.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

The second set is much improved. The striping is unique but it looks much better just on the arms.  Only nitpick I have is I would drop the outline on the name on the back. It's not as bad on the away and the alternate but on the primary home it doesn't look very good imo.

Here's Minnesota. The yellow did absolutely nothing to improve the team's look, so I dropped that and replaced it with a darker green. The uniforms are a throwback to the North Stars' look from the late 70's. I also had a friend recommend that the background be lighter, so I tweaked that too.

YIaF8X.png

0kxVSV.png

1Ddsg4.png

The gold wasn't supposed to do anything... It was just supposed to be the moon/sun... I like the idea of a double green and red, but you only use the dark green as an accent in the logo... It would be cooler to see it somewhere in the striping pattern. Also, you use a beige Minnesota on a green background on the secondary logo but not on the main green jersey. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

It's not a bad concept, per se, I just reject any Wild concept that gets rid of that beautiful logo.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived