bleuet

Chicoutimi Sagueneens "beer"

Thought you'd like to see this. A local brewery becoming official partner with the Sagueneens, known for their classic look.

A fun idea, which will certainly be very popular here

151102_92560_sagueneens_joueurs_sn635.jpg

18623677_1436906953032295_5646824418156367825_o.jpg

Team themed beers are awesome. I hate Colorado State with all my heart, but I'll be the first to admit that their recent unveiling of a team beer was cool. The vintage logo creation was well done and something I could have seen the team adopting if they'd thought of it first.

NBB_1.jpg

35 minutes ago, wyopokes2 said:

Team themed beers are awesome. I hate Colorado State with all my heart, but I'll be the first to admit that their recent unveiling of a team beer was cool. The vintage logo creation was well done and something I could have seen the team adopting if they'd thought of it first.

NBB_1.jpg

I just assumed that was actually an old CSU logo.  Well done NB, well done.

49 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I just assumed that was actually an old CSU logo.  Well done NB, well done.

They did have a similar Arthur Evans design, but not updated and was simply a rehash of the same logo for other schools

3 hours ago, wyopokes2 said:

They did have a similar Arthur Evans design, but not updated and was simply a rehash of the same logo for other schools

You can't fool me!  That's just the Saint Bernard, Gumbo!  I should know.  I bought this sweet pin on ebay of him :D

This would be a cool idea for big sports events. I'd have bought the hell out of Seahawks beer cans for their two Super Bowl appearances. 

What does Sagueneens mean anyway? Tried translating it with some of the available online translators, and just keeps coming up Sagueneens, damn it!

***Nevermind - found the answer on the team's Wikipedia entry***

Yeah its the name of the Saguenay area citizens. Like a Vermonter is a Vermont resident.

Boy, trying to figure out what a translation machine would say.. 

Cheers.

Do the Halifax Mooseheads count for this one?

My favourite collaboration has to be the University of Guelph (CIS)

BtJK429CcAAwaEa.jpg-large.jpeg

As somebody who loves both sports and beer with a passion, this is pretty sweet. I seriously wish that every team had their own beer. Currently the only other ones that I'm familiar with that have their own beer are the Flint Firebirds and the San Jose Sharks. I would've tried the Firebirds beer when I was there a couple of months ago, but I wasn't 21 at the time.

15034939_240356806382910_475897798335869

d63852783065188584abb013a066c563

4 hours ago, chrysleraspen08 said:

d63852783065188584abb013a066c563

I bet it's either very bitter or salty, it never gets in a cup, and it makes you choke.

On May 29, 2017 at 1:25 AM, hockey week said:

I bet it's either very bitter or salty, it never gets in a cup, and it makes you choke.

A culture of losing beer. Nice.