NCAA Basketball 2017-18 New Uniforms

406Cane

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I avoid watching NCAAB in the regular season because it makes me fall in love with bad teams to pick for my brackets. But I watch PSU. Watching the big10 tourney and holy crap what a terrible matchup. Michigan could have great uniforms if their lettering wasn’t shiny and was just maize. And Nebraska looks horrible. Every other sport they have very clean and traditional like uniforms but idk where large zig zags come from. Just had to give a little rant but honestly had to get it out

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

17 hours ago, flyersfan said:

I avoid watching NCAAB in the regular season because it makes me fall in love with bad teams to pick for my brackets. But I watch PSU. Watching the big10 tourney and holy crap what a terrible matchup. Michigan could have great uniforms if their lettering wasn’t shiny and was just maize. And Nebraska looks horrible. Every other sport they have very clean and traditional like uniforms but idk where large zig zags come from. Just had to give a little rant but honestly had to get it out

Nebraska's unis were fauxbacks to when they were with Converse.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, flyersfan said:

The "large zig zags" are a mid-'90s throwback. It was a generic Converse template that Nebraska, New Mexico, and a couple other teams I'm forgetting used at the time.

Their normal uniforms are a lot more reserved.

CZRTcNh.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• 2 weeks later...

Random thought: am I the only one who hates Villanova's throwbacks? The double-outlined wordmark is hideous. That and the drop-shadowed numbers look awful together. The overall design is boring and too similar to Xavier's throwbacks (which I don't like either). Both schools also wear their throwbacks way too often when their regular uniforms are a million times better.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Random thought: am I the only one who hates Villanova's throwbacks? The double-outlined wordmark is hideous. That and the drop-shadowed numbers look awful together. The overall design is boring and too similar to Xavier's throwbacks (which I don't like either). Both schools also wear their throwbacks way too often when their regular uniforms are a million times better.

Are these actual throwbacks - both Xavier's and VIllanova's?

Other than the wordmarks, these essentially the template that was used by SO MANY smaller Nike schools this year (the ones with the cursive wordmarks).

Also, does it bother anyone else how many schools (Nike) are wearing the same template? The one that Houston & Loyola are wearing

7 hours ago, fnz said:

Also, does it bother anyone else how many schools (Nike) are wearing the same template? The one that Houston & Loyola are wearing

Yes! I was about the bring this up myself. So far I've counted Houston, Loyola, Wichita State, Creighton, UNCG, and Buffalo. Am I missing anyone? And Arizona's is similar with some extra embellishment and a slight change of stripe angle. 

5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Looks like Auburn is in new gear today. Big downgrade.

Nothing new. Started wearing the alternate "Tigers" last year. Not the best look, especially for the tournament.

http://www.auburnuniforms.com/2016/12/auburn-wears-nickname-for-first-time.html

S0XpVXY.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

These orange alts that Florida is wearing tonight are awful. Florida looks like Oklahoma State with a gator skin boot design.

Meanwhile Houston decided to bust out their black alts against Michigan. This is the only time all year that someone other than a die hard UH grad has watched UH play and they decide to wear a bland off color alt. Shame.

Forgive me if this has been covered as I’m not much of a basketball fan, but what’s the trend over the past few seasons with single color wordmarks and numbers? I find it pretty bland (unless it’s a traditional uniform like the Celtics) but watching the tournament and seeing teams like Miami, Florida, Houston, etc, it just seems like something is missing...and speaking of Houston, I’m having legitimate trouble making out the red numbers on a black uniform from a distance.

KISSwall09.jpg

17 minutes ago, hormone said:

Forgive me if this has been covered as I’m not much of a basketball fan, but what’s the trend over the past few seasons with single color wordmarks and numbers? I find it pretty bland (unless it’s a traditional uniform like the Celtics) but watching the tournament and seeing teams like Miami, Florida, Houston, etc, it just seems like something is missing...and speaking of Houston, I’m having legitimate trouble making out the red numbers on a black uniform from a distance.

agree, Florida looks ugly in the orange right now v Tex Tech 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived