406Cane

NCAA Basketball 2017-18 New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, 14er said:

Compare the Final 4 court to the Regional court posted above. I'm not speaking of the size of the physical panel that's laid down to construct the floor, but rather the boards within each panel. The Regional floor has the classic 2 inch wide boards. The boards on the Final 4 court appear to be about 2 feet wide. 

Huh?

https://www.maplefloor.org/Industry-News/Connor-Sports®-to-Provide-Official-Courts-for-2018.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

 

I'm doing a poor job posing my question. I understand that the QuickLock panels are 4' x 7'. My question revolves around the boards within those panels. Examine the wood grain. 

 

On the early round floors, there are about 72 two inch wide boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

On the Final Four floor, there appears to be only 6 boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 14er said:

 

I'm doing a poor job posing my question. I understand that the QuickLock panels are 4' x 7'. My question revolves around the boards within those panels. Examine the wood grain. 

 

On the early round floors, there are about 72 two inch wide boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

On the Final Four floor, there appears to be only 6 boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

They "appear" wider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 14er said:

 

I'm doing a poor job posing my question. I understand that the QuickLock panels are 4' x 7'. My question revolves around the boards within those panels. Examine the wood grain. 

 

On the early round floors, there are about 72 two inch wide boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

On the Final Four floor, there appears to be only 6 boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

It's in how they stained the boards that it looks like they are wider than previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 11:28 AM, 14er said:

 

I'm doing a poor job posing my question. I understand that the QuickLock panels are 4' x 7'. My question revolves around the boards within those panels. Examine the wood grain. 

 

On the early round floors, there are about 72 two inch wide boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

On the Final Four floor, there appears to be only 6 boards from lane line to lane line. 

 

Look at the pic. It's an obvious mockup photoshop job just to show the paint scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Coacher42 said:

Look at the pic. It's an obvious mockup photoshop job just to show the paint scheme.

Yep, this is correct. You can see a time-lapse video showing the creation of the court here, which clearly shows that the boards within the panels are the standard width:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are standard boards, this begs the question...why don't they use wider boards?  You would think it would make the construction easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Coacher42 said:

Look at the pic. It's an obvious mockup photoshop job just to show the paint scheme.

Thanks! I can see that now. And also a little disappointed we're not getting something different than the norm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, mjd77 said:

If they are standard boards, this begs the question...why don't they use wider boards?  You would think it would make the construction easier.

2.25 inches (57cm) has been the industry standard for wood flooring since the 1880s. In fact, it's the wider of two options for court floors.

 

Wider boards also have the possibility of more imperfections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The AFC South said:

Looks like this year's All American Game court is a modified NCAA tournament court. 
DZahxnjVQAADxGg.jpg:large

It is the NCAA tournament court from last weekend with vinyl logos for the game sponsors.  The Hawks have been on a two week road trip, so it's not like they had to switch out anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

It is the NCAA tournament court from last weekend with vinyl logos for the game sponsors.  The Hawks have been on a two week road trip, so it's not like they had to switch out anything.

It looks like they switched the aqua with red and plastered the logos on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The AFC South said:

It looks like they switched the aqua with red and plastered the logos on there.

That waz a sticker too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 9:24 AM, Lights Out said:

Random thought: am I the only one who hates Villanova's throwbacks? The double-outlined wordmark is hideous. That and the drop-shadowed numbers look awful together. The overall design is boring and too similar to Xavier's throwbacks (which I don't like either). Both schools also wear their throwbacks way too often when their regular uniforms are a million times better.

Well, now that they've won a national championship in those hideous things, they're probably going to end up switching to them full-time. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Well, now that they've won a national championship in those hideous things, they're probably going to end up switching to them full-time. Oh well.

The jerseys looked better than Michigan's. Some of the numbers looked like they weren't stitched on right the first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Well, now that they've won a national championship in those hideous things, they're probably going to end up switching to them full-time. Oh well.

 

They have their flaws, but they’re far from “hideous”. There’s been far worse uniforms worn.

 

I would make the word mark and numbers a consistent design - either both drop shadow or both double outlined - but other than that, I love the simplicity of it. There’s not much else I’d do to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Well, now that they've won a national championship in those hideous things, they're probably going to end up switching to them full-time. Oh well.

 

They were wearing different uniforms than what they wore two years ago, so "We have to wear these full time because we won" didn't seem to stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

They were wearing different uniforms than what they wore two years ago, so "We have to wear these full time because we won" didn't seem to stick.

 

Villanova's throwbacks are 2014 HyperElite Dominance uniforms.  I'm surprised they never got an updated version like Duke has worn for the last 2 years which are on the Vapor template.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.