Vegas Golden Knights Concept (gold alt posted 5/31)

Philly's Phinest

Last year I did a full re-design for the NHL. At the time, the Vegas logo wasn't out yet. Now that it is and it's getting close to the jersey reveal, here's my take on the Vegas Golden Knights.

I have a few different designs that I put together, however, this one was the one I liked the best. I wanted to give the feel that there are different sections to the jersey much like the armor of a knight (shoulder yoke, sleeve/waist striping). I dabbled without a yoke for a bit, but opted for it simply for that reason. The secondary mark is used as a patch on the shoulders. Striping is consistent across the waist and sleeves. If you've seen my NHL series, you'll know that I love sublimation so I had to throw my spin in on this one. I used the "Welcome to Vegas" stars across the gold striping on the waist. I didn't carry it to the sleeves because it felt too busy. There are 4 jerseys in this set. Home/away/2 alts. Alternates are a black and a red version. I opted to not make a gold because I'm not a huge fan of it as a primary (ie Jaguars color rush). Anyway, let me know what you think. I'll likely post my other versions I created as well.

Home Sweater

b8hcAgv.png

Away Sweater

5kEyJp7.png

Black Alternate

zlHvok7.png

Red Alternate

HlYy30m.png

Nice job on the uniforms, and the incorporation of the secondary logo on the waist-stripe works well. I actually would have liked to have seen a gold jersey, but I understand if it isn't your style.

On a side note, I thought the NHL only allowed one alternate outside of special events (i.e. Stadium Series)?

NSFCvyu.png

Great job, Philly's Phinest... I have to agree with the other posters that there should be a gold alternate instead of red. There are plenty of teams with red as a primary color and honestly I believe Las Vegas' NHL team needs to stand out from the rest with their color identity. Sort of like what the Sharks did in 1991.

Thanks all for the suggestions. As requested, here's the gold alternate. Again, I'm personally not a huge fan. There's just something about it that I can't put my finger on. Ideally, I'd go with the black as the alternate. The red was just for fun and out of the box, but I actually like that one quite a bit.

oYajeai.png

Call me crazy but I think that red alternate should be the primary, it's that good.  The thing I like the most about all these uniforms is the sublimation on the hem stripes.  Looks really sharp.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Call me crazy but I think that red alternate should be the primary, it's that good.  The thing I like the most about all these uniforms is the sublimation on the hem stripes.  Looks really sharp.

You're not the only one. I think the red makes the crest and uniform design really pop. But for the sake of continuity, I think the original home and away designs work well enough to be primary sweaters. Call me crazy but for a team called Golden Knights, gold just doesn't look right in most concepts I've seen. Maybe that's just me but unless there is a way to really pull it off, I don't think they should ever wear it as a primary color.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Thanks! There's something about the red that I really liked.

17 minutes ago, WildWinger88 said:

You're not the only one. I think the red makes the crest and uniform design really pop. But for the sake of continuity, I think the original home and away designs work well enough to be primary sweaters. Call me crazy but for a team called Golden Knights, gold just doesn't look right in most concepts I've seen. Maybe that's just me but unless there is a way to really pull it off, I don't think they should ever wear it as a primary color.

Agreed on the "Golden Knights" issue. If it were up to me it would just be the Las Vegas Knights. I think that's more than appropriate and actually sounds good as well

Archived