MJD7

MLB Redesigns Series

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, willmoen said:

As a Brewers fan, let me just say that this looks absolutely fantastic. I love that you used Cream instead of White to differentiate from every other team. My one suggestion is to add a pair or Dark Blue pants to the Dark Blue Alternate because I feel like the Dark Blue and Powder Blue don't match quite right. Other than that, I love this set.

If I do something like this, should I just make it the away and ditch the powder blue?

5951194801c3c_MilwaukeeBrewersAlternate2.thumb.png.a91c8331ec090abdf3893db1aceba55d.png

11 hours ago, Ciaranowls said:

Cream hat?

Are you suggesting an entirely cream crown, or just a cream front panel?

 

Thanks for the comments so far you all, I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

If I do something like this, should I just make it the away and ditch the powder blue?

5951194801c3c_MilwaukeeBrewersAlternate2.thumb.png.a91c8331ec090abdf3893db1aceba55d.png

What about switching the two so that the Powder Blue is an Alternate and this is now the new Away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, willmoen said:

What about switching the two so that the Powder Blue is an Alternate and this is now the new Away?

If I were to keep the powder blue jersey in the set at all, I'd prefer to designate it as the away. Not that it really matters either way, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't really matter to me. This is your project so you can do what you think is best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really like the solid royal blue look for the Brewers. If you want to avoid overdoing it with the powder blue uniforms in this series, then you could probably get away with designating royal blue as the road uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For now I think I'm gonna keep the powder blue away, because if I don't Milwaukee might end up looking pretty similar to tomorrow's team... But who knows, we might have to work a few things around and just experiment with what works best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

If I were to keep the powder blue jersey in the set at all, I'd prefer to designate it as the away. Not that it really matters either way, though.

I'd keep the powder blue as the away, and have royal be an alternate. I like the stuff you kept from the tweaks series on the Brewers, and the gold front-paneled cap makes a fine addition to the set.

 

The latest revisions to the Marlins, with the "muting" of the yellow uniform and the promotion of the "Marlins" script really complete the set. I love the Art Deco aesthetic you went for here, and your number/NOB font selection and color distribution really help it out. Kudos!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On to the Land of 10,000 Lakes, and the Minnesota Twins!

 

Logos

59527861d9968_MinnesotaTwinsLogos.thumb.png.d3b6148f284f6ec52c5b3251a2bcef62.png

-Variations of blue and green are my favorite color scheme, so I wanted to incorporate a fair share of it throughout the series. Royal blue and kelly green is a scheme that fits the Minnesota area well, with the blue representing the lakes and the green representing the forest. It's also obviously a scheme that has been represented well in Minnesota's sports past.

-The dropshadows are gone, because although I think they are an interesting and unique idea, they are very hard to execute properly.

-I experimented with using navy instead, or even incorporating light blue, but neither of those ideas seemed to work. Early iterations of this set also incorporated black, but I scrapped that and kept it to royal and kelly.

-I could try and go back to the old 'Twins' script for this set, but for now I just kept the modern.

-The cap is my adjustment of a concept done by @the admiral and promoted by @SFGiants58. I kept it dual colored for now because I think the kelly green stands out slightly better on the blue. I preferred to keep the wider base, so for now I kept the current 'C' but without the wishbone.

 

Uniforms

59527b3d79fe2_MinnesotaTwinsHome.thumb.png.9c3ce157d1480f0a80b9ea89530255bd.png59527b4d51849_MinnesotaTwinsAway.thumb.png.b558393f40b178209d505836aca88a4a.png59527b5b1fef8_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate1.thumb.png.7aade703f57a673958926dd0db6b0ed2.png59527b6a11620_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate2.thumb.png.01ee95dad163dc1aa8d0a8f79abe272d.png

-The uniforms are a pretty simple translation from my tweaks series, without the added third color getting in the way. 

-I considered giving Minnesota a powder blue away much like Milwaukee's, but I felt like that was too much of a cop out, so I gave them royal blue.

-The away cap is based off of the Twins' 2014 ASG cap, which was based on their old batting helmets.

-The socks are once again based off of @thespungo's designs on his site, where the two green stripes represent the Twin Cities and the middle blue stripe represents the Mississippi River.

 

And that's pretty much the Twins for you, I'd love to hear what you all think!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Twins look great. Blue and Green definitely work well together. I have nothing to complain about otherwise. I also love the Away Cap. Can't wait to see the second half of the project unfold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be in the minority here, but I think the road uniform would look better with the script "Minnesota." Other than that, I love this look for the Twins.

 

And congrats on reaching the halfway mark of the series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This looks terrific. The Minnesota on the road uniform looks great. Really jealous of that stirrup sock stripe pattern its very unique. 

 

4 hours ago, willmoen said:

The Twins look great. Blue and Green definitely work well together. I have nothing to complain about otherwise. I also love the Away Cap. Can't wait to see the second half of the project unfold.

 

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I think the road uniform would look better with the script "Minnesota." Other than that, I love this look for the Twins.

 

And congrats on reaching the halfway mark of the series!

Thank you all! Maybe a set with the script wordmarks would work better? I'm honestly not sure which one I like more now.

5952c9ce081da_MinnesotaTwinsLogos.thumb.png.c53cbebc4b610c5cea24f235514d8bdd.png5952c9f787d7d_MinnesotaTwinsHome.thumb.png.ce7daca89d6fec443683544ef78c5ad5.png5952c9ff2871b_MinnesotaTwinsAway.thumb.png.c77cf7ff3060ad17f317f0331d4bbafd.png5952ca06ab05e_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate1.thumb.png.0c6f19ad52bf1b03f1f8ee97b45ffaa2.png5952ca0d8ae06_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate2.thumb.png.4e4125f25524052fdb1550be7cc6c409.png

 

I'm also considering making the letters white on the blue jersey, just so they can be more readable. Let me know what you guys think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...I definitely prefer the "Minnesota" script, but I also like original "Twins" wordmark. And I would like to see the script in white with a green outline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the non-script "Minnesota" in white with a green outline. I think that could be the best option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2017 at 10:32 AM, MJD7 said:

If I do something like this, should I just make it the away and ditch the powder blue?

5951194801c3c_MilwaukeeBrewersAlternate2.thumb.png.a91c8331ec090abdf3893db1aceba55d.png

Are you suggesting an entirely cream crown, or just a cream front panel?

 

Thanks for the comments so far you all, I appreciate it.

Like an entirely cream hat, maybe with the ball on glove logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Hmmm...I definitely like prefer the "Minnesota" script, but I also like original "Twins" wordmark. And I would like to see the script in white with a green outline.

 

12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I'd like to see the non-script "Minnesota" in white with a green outline. I think that could be the best option.

For now I'm probably gonna go with the non-script wordmarks, if for nothing else than them being a more unique look. Here's how they'd look in white, which I think looks a lot better, making for a nice compromise:

5953b1505263d_MinnesotaTwinsAway.thumb.png.141acce8baf5315305bc552401fe571a.png5953b157da626_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate1.thumb.png.6c3d6ddb513a4ebe536422eaec3e752b.png

I made the accents on the home alternate green to make up for the loss of it in the wordmark.

 

12 hours ago, Ciaranowls said:

Like an entirely cream hat, maybe with the ball on glove logo

Here is a cream hat, it looks pretty nice but I don't know if it's worth incorporating into the set.

5953b268d7e42_MilwaukeeBrewersAlternate2.thumb.png.2e91bf7811afa435a6eb59fc7ee11f94.png

 

I'd love to hear any more advice anyone has!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what you've done with the Twins! I'm glad you implemented the redone cap logo, I like the "consistent" sock stripe, your color scheme is fantastic (I've been a fan of blue/green for the Twins for some time), and your "white wordmark with green outline" update really helped the road uniform and the overall color balance. My one complaint would be that the white front panel should be a full panel design (i.e. Orioles and Blue Jays), and not the "Taco Bell" look (i.e. Padres). Minor quibble aside, nice work!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason I don't like the non-script "Minnesota" is because the "M" is at a different angle than the rest of the wordmark.

 

Just for the heck of it, could we see the "Minnesota" script in white with a green outline on the road and alt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like what you've done with the Twins! I'm glad you implemented the redone cap logo, I like the "consistent" sock stripe, your color scheme is fantastic (I've been a fan of blue/green for the Twins for some time), and your "white wordmark with green outline" update really helped the road uniform and the overall color balance. My one complaint would be that the white front panel should be a full panel design (i.e. Orioles and Blue Jays), and not the "Taco Bell" look (i.e. Padres). Minor quibble aside, nice work!

 

 

Thank you! This is how the uniforms would look with a completely white front panel, I'm not sure whether that's too much white or not:

5953ce8754aad_MinnesotaTwinsAway2.thumb.png.966c673cb6dca429d3f987083b797757.png5953ce8ea9937_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate12.thumb.png.c88127fd2371f899b9f18fffead3e13e.png

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I think the reason I don't like the non-script "Minnesota" is because the "M" is at a different angle than the rest of the wordmark.

 

Just for the heck of it, could we see the "Minnesota" script in white with a green outline on the road and alt?

Sure thing:

5953cc667cfb8_MinnesotaTwinsAway.thumb.png.63b346e39a11f79af9f06dee950e0844.png5953cc6df23a8_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate1.thumb.png.0b6a4a85b4248183cbb5815edf11c834.png

 

The more Twins concepts I've done the more I've realized that they're a really hard team to fix. They've never really had consistent wordmarks for both home and away, and both of their wordmark sets are considered outdated for different reasons. It's tough, haha, I'm almost beginning to wonder if they really need a complete redesign.

 

I really appreciate all of the feedback I've gotten so far, it's been great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.