Tyler Crowder

Canada 150 concept logo

Given that it's Canada's 150th anniversary I thought I would try my hand at making a concept logo for the occasion. Let me know your thoughts. 

Canada 150 concept.png

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Is there any meaning to the leaf being madenout of triangles?

The triangles show unity and the shades of red represent how multicultural Canada is 

On 5/31/2017 at 9:32 AM, dont care said:

Is there any meaning to the leaf being madenout of triangles?

and here I figured some of the reason for the triangles was inspiration from Canada's 1967 Centennial logo.

Some of the symbolism of that logo's triangles was:

"The content of each symbol concept featured a stylized maple leaf as the primary element and 11 elements representing the 10 provinces and the North West Territories — the accepted structure of the country at the time."

https://www.gdc.net/article/2014/12/15/2967

centennial.jpg

2967-1967-centennial-flags-1300x700.jpg?

I've found that a lot of the Canada 150 logo concepts I've seen are trying to hard to be as good as the Centennial Logo and that the designs are lacking and are all looking very similar because of it.

For what you have now, I'd suggest ditching the shield and adding more shapes to the maple leaf (they could all be triangles if you like, but they definitely don't need to be).

Just let your creative juices flow and don't let yourself be limited by the Centennial logo. 

give us some more context. why the shape of the "shield"? why that gold? why did you use this font? what other messages/ideas are you trying to communicate?