Jump to content

Minnesota Timberwolves Concept Court


NeauXone
 Share

Recommended Posts

So we have no sort of info on what the court for the 'Wolves will look like, considering the summer-long renovation, so I decided to play around with a template and made this. It's a bit rough around the edges, due to my limited know-how on graphic design, but it's just an idea I had.

Court.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, the heat suck said:

So we have no sort of info on what the court for the 'Wolves will look like, considering the summer-long renovation, so I decided to play around with a template and made this. It's a bit rough around the edges, due to my limited know-how on graphic design, but it's just an idea I had.

Court.png

 

I could get behind this, I think the wold at the bottom center is a little overkill though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, H11K said:

 

I could get behind this, I think the wold at the bottom center is a little overkill though.

The court was supposed to be based around the Wolf, so I think I should probably remove the the logos inside the perimeter. This is also why I made the center court logo the North Star.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about sublimating the wolf? Right now you can't see the sideline and center court line of the wolf, so sublimating it could have the wolf there with the lines on top, but not throw off the look of the wolf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

What about sublimating the wolf? Right now you can't see the sideline and center court line of the wolf, so sublimating it could have the wolf there with the lines on top, but not throw off the look of the wolf

Agreed and I would remove the "New Era, New Look" from the court. It doesn't fit well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, the heat suck said:

The court was supposed to be based around the Wolf, so I think I should probably remove the the logos inside the perimeter. This is also why I made the center court logo the North Star.

Yeah I think that could work as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so I've taken all of these suggestions into account, and I have churned out this. It's of higher quality as well. I fixed the baseline issue with the wolf, and even added the Minneapolis skyline. I put in Instagram and Twitter logos next to the username (which I made white instead of green), removed the slogan, and removed the wolves inside the perimeter. Oh, and I also changed the Target Center logo and finally, made the midcourt logo smaller. Here you go.

Court 2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I'd definitely remove the skyline. It makes it too cluttered. 

You're right, taking a second look at it, it does look pretty cramped over there. At this point, I could either:

Remove the Target Center logos, which I don't want to do, or

Make a secondary logo out of the skyline and remove it.

I do want to keep the wolf at the bottom. That's for sure.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I found a nice in-between.

 

I did something probably no team has done before, but I placed the arena logos inside of the perimeter, where the secondary usually goes. This allows me to keep the skyline and have the arena logos. Thanks for all of the constructive criticism, it's really helping.

Court 2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id keep the wolf the same size but make the skyline stretch across the length of the court and sublimate both to make it look like a "stained wood" color.  With that I think the court would be top notch.

 

And, do you mind if I ask what template youre using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Id keep the wolf the same size but make the skyline stretch across the length of the court and sublimate both to make it look like a "stained wood" color.  With that I think the court would be top notch.

 

And, do you mind if I ask what template youre using?

I'll take that into account! That sounds great.

I'm using PepMan33Conde's template, by the way. You can find that here: 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Something seems off to me about the center court logo, maybe recoloring it or changing it could help imo. But so far you've made big improvements 

Could you explain what's "off"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest problem with the logo, Is mainly the color, I always saw the grey they used to be an accent color, rarely seen anywhere in the identity of the team, maybe changing it to navy. But that's just a small nitpick. Looks great now, just curious about what it'd look like not grey Ig.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.