How do I make this cat a panther?

timberwolf

My return to the boards.

This is my first real attempt at an animal logo, so bear with me. I'm not going to lie, it needs work. My real concern is the actual shape and tilt of the head. It seems like the mouth is 2d and the top of the head is tilted towards me. It's not a very complicated logo. The line widths and eyes/nose were inspired by the unused Florida Panthers logos from the 90s. I have since edited them to make them more my own and less a copy, but they still need some updating. I want to make it more fierce and less like an angry housecat (see title).

(Some context; the logo is for my friends ball hockey team for the Play-On tournament hosted by CBC in Toronto. If you happen to see this logo there, stop by and ask about it!)

Let me have it. I went with standard Florida Panthers colours, but this is NOT a Panthers rebrand.

3.thumb.png.40450b730de0608af1ea244645671f76.png

59335979c63eb_3white.thumb.png.9891d1e9ebd9f19ed421e960578841ce.png

Have at it! Missed the Boards family.

Put the whiskers in the right spot, add an ear, add more teeth.... Use an actual panther as a reference to start. Also, make it either a 3/4 view or a profile view. You kind of combined them. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived