New Honey Comb Branding

MellowTheMyth

I'd lose the black outline on the side, where there's less room for everything to "breathe". Other than that, it's pretty solid; it will look even better when they drop the random green splash for "bigger flavor".

The dropping of faux-3D is always an improvement.  On top of that, the font of new wordmark is very attractive.  The soft curves in the N, M, and Y are very friendly.  (But I don't like that beehive thing (looks more like a ping-pong paddle) being in one of the O's.)  

The over-arching geometric patterning creates a pleasing and appropriate visual universe; what's more, this patterning emphasises the colour saturation, and really drives home the expectation of a honey taste.

Overall, a huge upgrade.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I forgot about this cereal. When I was a kid, I was always irked by their commercials (the ones where those people turned into those toon-like furballs when they went "crazy" for Honey Comb).

Oh, the branding is an upgrade too.

On 6/5/2017 at 6:37 AM, Cosmic said:

I'd lose the black outline on the side, where there's less room for everything to "breathe". Other than that, it's pretty solid; it will look even better when they drop the random green splash for "bigger flavor".

Those were my first thoughts as well, but I have a feeling someone from Post sitting at the presentation felt like black lettering on a yellow box looked too much like Cheerios.

6 minutes ago, Derek said:

Those were my first thoughts as well, but I have a feeling someone from Post sitting at the presentation felt like black lettering on a yellow box looked too much like Cheerios.

Maybe they could only use the white background honeycomb pattern on the side (instead of a gradient with the yellow background). Make it pop more; I think that would make it decidedly less Cheerios-like. I think the background looks pretty good on the front.

Honeycomb used to have the best cereal freebee ever - actual metal license plates of each state.  

6154185223_3d82ee5536_b.jpg

5a6936d3ea5aa1e4ebc21e8cb04c1728.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Honeycomb used to have the best cereal freebee ever - actual metal license plates of each state. 

My complete collection of Bobby's World pogs from Cookie Crisp begs to differ.

2 hours ago, Shumway said:

My complete collection of Bobby's World pogs from Cookie Crisp begs to differ.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 year later...

Archived