The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

On the topic of alternate-history looks, here's a nice one for all of you history lovers (me included) - What if the USA went to war with Canada/England in 1844 over the border of Oregon Country?

HISTORY LESSON IN SPOILER (for those who don't know about Oregon Country and the resulting almost-war from it)

Spoiler

In 1843, settlers in the Willamette Valley established a provisional government at Champoeg, which was personally (but not officially) recognized by John McLoughlin of the Hudson's Bay Company in 1845.[citation needed]

Political pressure in the United States urged the occupation of all the Oregon Country. Expansionists in the American South wanted to annex Texas, while their counterparts in the Northeast wanted to annex the Oregon Country whole. It was seen as significant that the expansions be parallel, as the relative proximity to other states and territories made it appear likely that Texas would be pro-slavery and Oregon against slavery.[citation needed]

In the 1844 U.S. Presidential election, the Democrats had called for expansion into both areas. After his election as president, however, James K. Polk supported the 49th parallel as a northern limit for U.S. annexation in Oregon Country. It was Polk's uncompromising support for expansion into Texas and relative silence on the Oregon boundary dispute that led to the phrase "Fifty-Four Forty or Fight!", referring to the northern border of the region and often erroneously attributed to Polk's campaign. The goal of the slogan was to rally Southern expansionists (some of whom wanted to annex only Texas in an effort to tip the balance of slave/free states and territories in favor of slavery) to support the effort to annex Oregon Country, appealing to the popular belief in Manifest Destiny. The British government, meanwhile, sought control of all territory north of the Columbia River.[citation needed]

Despite the posturing, neither country really wanted to fight what would have been the third war in 70 years against the other. The two countries eventually came to a peaceful agreement in the 1846 Oregon Treaty that divided the territory west of the Continental Divide along the 49th parallel to Georgia Strait; with all of Vancouver Island remaining under British control. This border today divides British Columbia from neighboring Washington, Idaho, and Montana.[citation needed]

(Copied and pasted from Wikipedia)

So, say that James Polk unsecures his place as one of the least-remembered presidents by initiatiating, and winning, that war. This means Vancouver (and basically all of the British Columbia province as well) is now on US soil. This means that all of the Big 4 leagues expand into Vancouver.

NFL

Spoiler

Start in 1995, where the Vancouver expansion bid defeats Jacksonville's.

AFC East:

Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets

AFC Central:

Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Oilers, Cleveland Browns (v1), Kansas City Chiefs (moved from AFCW to AFCC to accommodate for Vancouver expansion replacing Jacksonville)

AFC West:

San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Vancouver (Replaced Jacksonville - 1995 Expansion)

NFC stays the same as it was.

1999: Cleveland (v2) joins the AFC Central; Kansas City moves back to the AFC West.

AFC East: same as '95

AFC Central: Tennessee Titans (relocated Houston Oilers), Baltimore Ravens (relocated Browns v1), Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns (v2)

AFC West: Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs (moved back to AFCW from AFCC), San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, Vancouver

2002: Houston Texans join the league, setting it to 32. Baltimore moves to AFC East (due to no Dolphins), Kansas City moves to AFC North (due to no Ravens), Miami Dolphins move to AFC South (due to no Jags)

AFC East: New York Jets, New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, Baltimore Ravens (moved from AFCN to AFCE to accommodate for Kansas City)

AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Kansas City Chiefs (moved from AFCW to AFCN to accommodate for Vancouver expansion)

AFC South: Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans (2002 Expansion), Miami Dolphins (moved from AFCE to AFCS to accommodate for no Jags)

AFC West: Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, Vancouver

NFC: no changes

The NHL does not make any changes, as they already have the Canucks and would add them as normal in 1970.

The NBA also just keeps the Grizzlies in Vancouver (due to the Canadian dollar not mattering anymore, as it is a US city); Memphis does not have a NBA team. Here is the alignment:

Spoiler

Eastern Conf. No changes

Western Conf.:

Northwest: Utah Jazz, Denver Nuggets, Portland Trail Blazers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Vancouver Grizzlies (moved stayed in Vancouver, replacing Oklahoma City)

Pacific: No changes

Southwest: San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder (moved from Northwest to accommodate for the Grizzlies)

MLB

Spoiler

1989: When the White Sox-to-Tampa-St Pete deal fell through, instead of agreeing to build New Cominsky, the White Sox get a deal to move to Vancouver. They pounce. The Vancouver White Sox take the field in 1990.

No changes in the alignment - Chicago was already in the West, so nothing changes other than the city in front of the "White Sox" name.

1994: The league realigns to 3 divisions. The only change is the White Sox moving from the Central to the West. Considering that the West was a shorthanded division, the Central becomes the shorthanded division in this scenario.

1998: The shorthanded division becomes the AL Central.

AL Central: Cleveland Indians, Kansas City Royals, Minnesota Twins, Detroit Tigers

AL West: Texas Rangers, Anaheim Angels, Seattle Mariners, Oakland Athletics, Vancouver White Sox

2002: MLB goes ahead with its contraction plan, eliminating the Minnesota Twins and Montreal Expos from the league. Due to 13 teams in the AL and 15 in the NL, the D-Backs move to the AL as a part of the AL West, and the Rangers move to the AL Central. Pirates move to NL East to accommodate for losing the Expos.

AL East: same

AL Central: Cleveland Indians, Kansas City Royals, Detroit Tigers, Texas Rangers (moved to AL Central to accommodate for Arizona joining AL)

AL West: Oakland Athletics, Anaheim Angels, Seattle Mariners, Vancouver White Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks (moved to AL in wake of contraction)

NL East: Atlanta Braves, Philadelphia Phillies, Florida Marlins, New York Mets, Pittsburgh Pirates (moved to NL East to accommodate for Montreal being contracted)

NL Central: St Louis Cardinals, Houston Astros, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers

NL West: same but without D-Backs

2007: MLB announces that it will expand by 4 to bring the total number of teams to 32. The teams joining the league are...

Minnesota Twins (v2) - After thinking long and hard, the league determined that these Twins are not the same as the original Twins/Senators franchise. Joining the AL.

Washington Nationals - Filling in the void that the Expos left, just 2 years later. Joining the NL.

Nashville Sounds - They are a very successful minor league team, and at this point deserve to be in the majors. Joining the NL.

Charlotte Knights - Another very successful minor league team. Joining the AL.

The league overhauls the alignment system, now going with the NFL format of 4 divisions per conference (league), 4 teams in a division.

AL East: New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Toronto Blue Jays, Baltimore Orioles

AL North: Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Minnesota Twins (2007 Expansion), Kansas City Royals

AL South: Tampa Bay Rays, Charlotte Knights (2007 Expansion), Texas Rangers, Arizona Diamondbacks (truly the South division; all the Southern misfits that don't go anywhere else)

AL West: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Seattle Mariners, Oakland Athletics, Vancouver White Sox

NL East: Washington Nationals (2007 Expansion), New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates

NL North: Chicago Cubs, St Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Brewers, Cincinnati Reds

NL South: Atlanta Braves, Florida Marlins, Nashville Sounds (2007 Expansion), Houston Astros

NL West: Colorado Rockies, San Diego Padres, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants

So as you can see, at least 2 of the major leagues will dramatically change, all if one extra war between the US and England.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

• 5 weeks later...

The other night Rob Manfred mentioned he was open to the possibility of east/west geographical realignment. 

I was thinking about how it would work. I assumed they would keep the 3 divisions in each league approach and no franchise relocations.

Eastern League

Northeast Division

1.) Toronto Blue Jays

2.) Boston Red Sox

3.) New York Yankees

4.) New York Mets

5.) Philadelphia Phillies 

Southeast Division

1.) Baltimore Orioles 

2.) Washington Nationals

3.) Atlanta Braves

4) Miami Marlins

5.) Tampa Bay Rays

Central Division 

1.) Pittsburgh Pirates 

2.) Cincinnati Reds

3.) Detroit Tigers

4.) Milwaukee Brewers

5.) Cleveland Indians

Western League

Midwest Division

1.) St. Louis Cardinals 

2.) Kansas City Royals

3.) Minnesota Twins

4.) Chicago Cubs

5.) Chicago White Sox

Southwest Division

1.) Texas Rangers 

2.) Houston Astros

3.) Arizona Diamondbacks

4.) Colorado Rockies

5.) San Diego Padres

Pacific Division

1.) Los Angeles Angels

2.) Los Angeles Dodgers

3.) San Francisco Giants

4.) Oakland A's

5.) Seattle Mariners

The hardest part was sorting out all the Central/Midwest teams. Originally, I had the Chicago teams in the Central and it was called the Great Lakes division. I switched them with Detroit and Milwaukee since I couldn't justify Detroit, an eastern time zone team, in the WL. Plus, it protects the Cubs/Cards rivalry; protecting the major rivalries was key.

I like the end result. The leagues feel balanced and each division is a 3/2 mix of teams currently in opposing leagues. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

1 hour ago, Korkie said:

The other night Rob Manfred mentioned he was open to the possibility of east/west geographical realignment. 

I think they'd want to wait until they're facing a financial dip & want to shock the system before they do it.

East v West World Series might be hard to swallow for a lot of people.  A lot.

• Like 2

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

8 hours ago, 2001mark said:

I think they'd want to wait until they're facing a financial dip & want to shock the system before they do it.

East v West World Series might be hard to swallow for a lot of people.  A lot.

Agreed.  I am mortified at the idea of it in real life, but I wanted to test it and see what the results could look like. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

10 hours ago, Korkie said:

I was thinking about how it would work. I assumed they would keep the 3 divisions in each league approach and no franchise relocations.

Eastern League

Northeast Division

1.) Toronto Blue Jays

2.) Boston Red Sox

3.) New York Yankees

4.) New York Mets

5.) Philadelphia Phillies 

Southeast Division

1.) Baltimore Orioles 

2.) Washington Nationals

3.) Atlanta Braves

4) Miami Marlins

5.) Tampa Bay Rays

Central Division 

1.) Pittsburgh Pirates 

2.) Cincinnati Reds

3.) Detroit Tigers

4.) Milwaukee Brewers

5.) Cleveland Indians

Western League

Midwest Division

1.) St. Louis Cardinals 

2.) Kansas City Royals

3.) Minnesota Twins

4.) Chicago Cubs

5.) Chicago White Sox

Southwest Division

1.) Texas Rangers 

2.) Houston Astros

3.) Arizona Diamondbacks

4.) Colorado Rockies

5.) San Diego Padres

Pacific Division

1.) Los Angeles Angels

2.) Los Angeles Dodgers

3.) San Francisco Giants

4.) Oakland A's

5.) Seattle Mariners

The hardest part was sorting out all the Central/Midwest teams. Originally, I had the Chicago teams in the Central and it was called the Great Lakes division. I switched them with Detroit and Milwaukee since I couldn't justify Detroit, an eastern time zone team, in the WL. Plus, it protects the Cubs/Cards rivalry; protecting the major rivalries was key.

I like the end result. The leagues feel balanced and each division is a 3/2 mix of teams currently in opposing leagues. 

I am a complete traditionalist when it comes to baseball (one of the very few things I can say that about :D), so I'd never want to see this actually come to fruition, but as a hypothetical? It's brilliant. Preserves every major historical rivalry, allows for in-division metropolitan rivalries in all 5 metropolitan areas with multiple teams, and would minimize travel.

I've often thought a Yankees/Mets/Sox/Phillies + 1 division would be incredibly fun to watch, what with all the rivalries (NYY/BOS, NYM/PHI, NYY/NYM) and money to be thrown around in that group. I'd never actually want it to happen - the history and tradition of two separate leagues is just too great - but what a fun division that would be to watch. And I can say the same for Midwest and Pacific divisions above as well - lots of historical rivalries and big markets in each of those.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

I am a complete traditionalist when it comes to baseball (one of the very few things I can say that about :D), so I'd never want to see this actually come to fruition, but as a hypothetical? It's brilliant. Preserves every major historical rivalry, allows for in-division metropolitan rivalries in all 5 metropolitan areas with multiple teams, and would minimize travel.

I've often thought a Yankees/Mets/Sox/Phillies + 1 division would be incredibly fun to watch, what with all the rivalries (NYY/BOS, NYM/PHI, NYY/NYM) and money to be thrown around in that group. I'd never actually want it to happen - the history and tradition of two separate leagues is just too great - but what a fun division that would be to watch. And I can say the same for Midwest and Pacific divisions above as well - lots of historical rivalries and big markets in each of those.

Thanks. I appreciate it. 

• 3 weeks later...

MLB in 2100 Version 2:

American League

• AL Atlantic:
    • Baltimore Orioles
    • Boston Red Sox
    • Buffalo Bisons
    • Providence Grays
    • New Britain Rock Cats
    • New York Yankees
    • Philadelphia Stars
    • Toronto Blue Jays
    • Washington Senators
  • AL Dixie:
    • Birmingham Barons
    • Charleston RiverDogs
    • Durham Bulls
    • Jacksonville Suns
    • Norfolk Tide
    • Savannah Sand Gnats
    • Tampa Bay Rays
    • Tennessee Smokies
    • West Virginia Black Bears
  •  AL Heartland:
    • Chicago White Sox
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Columbus Clippers
    • Detroit Tigers
    • Indianapolis Stars
    • Kansas City Royals
    • Louisville Bats
    • Minnesota Twins
    • St. Louis Browns
  • AL Pacific:
    • Anaheim Angels
    • Hollywood Stars
    • Houston Astros
    • Oakland Athletics
    • Oklahoma City Redhawks
    • Portland Beavers
    • Salt Lake Bees
    • Seattle Mariners
    • Texas Rangers

National League

• NL Atlantic:
    • Atlanta Braves
    • Boston Beaneaters
    • Brooklyn Robins
    • Hartford Yard Goats
    • Montreal Expos
    • Newark Vascos
    • New York Mets
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • Washington Nationals
  • NL Dixie:
    • Arkansas Travelers
    • Charlotte Knights
    • Orlando Gators
    • Memphis Bluenotes
    • Miami Marlins
    • Montgomery Biscuits
    • Nashville Sounds
    • New Orleans Zephyrs
    • Puerto Rico Hurricanes
  • NL Heartland:
    • Austin Bulls
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Cincinnati Reds
    • Des Moines Cornhuskers
    • Kansas City Cowboys
    • Milwaukee Brewers
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • San Antonio Missions
    • St. Louis Cardinals
  • NL Pacific:
    • Albuquerque Isotopes
    • Arizona Diamondbacks
    • Boise Hawks
    • Colorado Rockies
    • Hawai'i Honu
    • Inland Empire 66ers
    • Los Angeles Dodgers
    • San Diego Padres
    • San Francisco Giants

National TV Rights:

• NBC: Saturday Afternoon NL Baseball
  • CBS: Saturday Night NL Baseball
  • FOX: Saturday Afternoon AL Baseball
  • ABC: Saturday Night AL Baseball
  • FS1 & FS2: Sunday Afternoon AL Baseball (some games sublicensed to the New Fox Family Channel)
  • ESPN & ESPN2: Sunday Night AL Baseball (some games sublicensed to ABC Family)
  • CBS Sports Network 1 & 2: Sunday Afternoon NL Baseball (some games sublicensed to TBS & TNT)
  • NBCSN 1 & 2: Sunday Night NL Baseball (some games sublicensed to USA)

Games will also be broadcast on Youtube, Hulu, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook

Home Run Derby: Rotated between NBC, CBS, and FOX, similar to the Super Bowl

All-Star Game: Rotated between NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC similar to the Super Bowl

AL Postseason: FOX/FS1/FS2 in Even Years, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 in Odd Years

NL Postseason: NBC/NBCSN1/NBCSN2 in Even Years, CBS/CBSSN1/CBSSN2 in Odd Years

World Series: Rotated between NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC similar to the Super Bowl

On Saturday, April 08, 2017 at 9:40 AM, NY Yonkis said:

The new NFL:

NFL.png

(1): Based in Phoenix.

(2): Based in Newark.

(3): Based in Virginia Beach.

I highly doubt the NFL-CFL merger is gonna happen.

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 5:09 PM, NY Yonkis said:

Making NHL great again:

bnnbv.png

An NHL without a Canadian presence = BLASPHEMY! That's like Guy LaFleur wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey!

11 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

MLB in 2100 Version 2:

American League

• AL Atlantic:
    • Baltimore Orioles
    • Boston Red Sox
    • Buffalo Bisons
    • Providence Grays
    • New Britain Rock Cats
    • New York Yankees
    • Philadelphia Stars Spartans
    • Toronto Blue Jays
    • Washington Senators
  • AL Dixie:
    • Birmingham Barons
    • Charleston RiverDogs
    • Durham Bulls
    • Jacksonville Suns
    • Norfolk Tide
    • Savannah Sand Gnats
    • Tampa Bay Rays
    • Tennessee Smokies
    • West Virginia Black Bears
  •  AL Heartland:
    • Chicago White Sox
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Columbus Clippers
    • Detroit Tigers
    • Indianapolis Stars Racers
    • Kansas City Royals
    • Louisville Bats
    • Minnesota Twins
    • St. Louis Browns
  • AL Pacific:
    • Anaheim Angels
    • Hollywood Stars
    • Houston Astros
    • Oakland Athletics
    • Oklahoma City Redhawks 89ers
    • Portland Beavers
    • Salt Lake Bees
    • Seattle Mariners
    • Texas Rangers

National League

• NL Atlantic:
    • Atlanta Braves
    • Boston Beaneaters
    • Brooklyn Robins
    • Hartford Yard Goats
    • Montreal Expos
    • Newark Vascos Bears
    • New York Mets
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • Washington Nationals
  • NL Dixie:
    • Arkansas Travelers
    • Charlotte Knights
    • Orlando Gators
    • Memphis Bluenotes Blues
    • Miami Marlins
    • Montgomery Biscuits
    • Nashville Sounds
    • New Orleans Zephyrs
    • Puerto Rico Hurricanes
  • NL Heartland:
    • Austin Bulls Express
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Cincinnati Reds
    • Des Moines Iowa Cornhuskers
    • Kansas City Cowboys
    • Milwaukee Brewers
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • San Antonio Missions
    • St. Louis Cardinals
  • NL Pacific:
    • Albuquerque Isotopes
    • Arizona Diamondbacks
    • Boise Hawks
    • Colorado Rockies
    • Hawai'i Honu
    • Inland Empire 66ers
    • Los Angeles Dodgers
    • San Diego Padres
    • San Francisco Giants

National TV Rights:

• NBC: Saturday Afternoon NL Baseball
  • CBS: Saturday Night NL Baseball
  • FOX: Saturday Afternoon AL Baseball
  • ABC: Saturday Night AL Baseball
  • FS1 & FS2: Sunday Afternoon AL Baseball (some games sublicensed to the New Fox Family Channel)
  • ESPN & ESPN2: Sunday Night AL Baseball (some games sublicensed to ABC Family)
  • CBS Sports Network 1 & 2: Sunday Afternoon NL Baseball (some games sublicensed to TBS & TNT)
  • NBCSN 1 & 2: Sunday Night NL Baseball (some games sublicensed to USA)

Games will also be broadcast on Youtube, Hulu, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook

Home Run Derby: Rotated between NBC, CBS, and FOX, similar to the Super Bowl

All-Star Game: Rotated between NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC similar to the Super Bowl

AL Postseason: FOX/FS1/FS2 in Even Years, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 in Odd Years

NL Postseason: NBC/NBCSN1/NBCSN2 in Even Years, CBS/CBSSN1/CBSSN2 in Odd Years

World Series: Rotated between NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC similar to the Super Bowl

Fixed.

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 5 weeks later...

This is just what I believe the NBA should do. I believe expansion teams will be in the near future as super teams ruin the league and as basketball talent continues to grow.

ATLANTIC DIVISION 

New York Knicks

Boston Celtics

Toronto Raptors

Philadelhpia 76ers

Washington Wizards

Montreal Mounties (Brooklyn Nets Relocated)

CENTRAL DIVISON 

Cleveland Cavaliers 

Indiana Pacers

Detroit Pistons 

Chicago Bulls

Lousiville ? (Milwaukee Bucks Relocated)

Nashville Stars (Bring Memphis Grizzlies to Eastern Conference and Relocate to Nashville)

SOUTHEAST DIVISION

Miami Heat

New Orleans Pelicans 

Charlotte Hornets 

Atlanta Hawks

Tampa Bay Sharks (Orlando Magic Relocated)

Jacksonville Tritons (Expansion Team)

SOUTHWEST DIVISION

Phoenix Suns

Dallas Mavericks 

Oklahoma City Thunder

San Antonio Spurs

Houston Rockets

Las Vegas Aces (Expansion Team)

NORTHWEST DIVISION 

Portland Trail Blazers

Denver Nuggets 

Minnesota Timberwolves 

Utah Jazz

Vancouver Sea Lions (Expansion Team)

Seattle Sonics (Expansion Team)

CALIFORNIA DIVISION

Los Angeles Clippers

Los Angeles Lakers

Golden State Warriors

Sacramento Kings

San Diego Admirals (Expansion Team)

San Jose Condors (Expansion Team)

I believe California is large enough with enough big market cities to have their own divison.

• Atomic pinned this topic

Hmm.. I think I'll take a stab at a NBA alignment.

Expansions to Seattle and Pittsburgh

WESTERN

NORTHWESTERN:

Seattle, Portland, Utah, Denver

SOUTHWESTERN:

Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Oklahoma City

CALIFORNIA:

LA Clippers. LA Lakers, San Francisco (formerly Golden State), Sacramento 

CENTRAL:

Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Minnesota

EASTERN

NORTHEASTERN:

Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Brooklyn

SOUTHEASTERN:

Charlotte, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta

NORTHERN:

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indiana, Washington

MIDWESTERN:

Milwaukee, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

On 2017-6-5 at 3:27 PM, 29texan said:

...why does UNT, Baylor, and TCU have "Dallas" next to their names?

When I was doing my organizing, I wanted to make sure the divisions had some degree of geographical accuracy. All of those colleges are in  the Dallas area. It was a note for myself.

12 hours ago, Magnus said:

When I was doing my organizing, I wanted to make sure the divisions had some degree of geographical accuracy. All of those colleges are in  the Dallas area. It was a note for myself.

As a native of Ft. Worth... "DFW" is more accurate a label. We don't belong to Dallas and Baylor is more than 70 miles away. I know that ain't much in Texas, but still...

Denton is a small college town and UNT uses Dallas in its marketing, so that's understandable. But you don't wanna do that for TCU. Historically, it's insulting. Just sayin' 

• Like 1

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Now, the alternate hockey league you have all been waiting for.

American & Canadian Hockey League (ACHL)

Eastern League

• Boston Gaels (Green, Cream)
  • Buffalo Power (Royal Blue, Yellow)
  • Cincinnati White Tigers (White, Black)
  • Cleveland Clash (Brown, Gold)
  • Hartford Harpoons (Royal Blue, Green, White)
  • Newark Liberty (Green, Navy Blue, Red)
  • New York Flames (Red, Black)
  • Pittsburgh Pirhanas (Gold, White)
  • Springfield Arsenal (Black, Navy Blue, Red, Yellow)

Midwestern League

• Chicago Frost (Light Blue, Black)
  • Detroit Machine (Silver, Black, Red)
  • Flint Flyers (Red, Green, White)
  • Green Bay Snappers (Black, Green, Orange)
  • Indianapolis Skaters (Blue, Scarlet)
  • Kansas City Jazz (Blue, White)
  • Milwaukee Gold Tigers (Gold, Black)
  • Minnesota Lumberjacks (Green, Blue, Brown)
  • St. Louis Swans (White, Green, Yellow)

Southern League

• Atlanta Deltas (Red, White, Blue)
  • Birmingham Lions (Claret, Sky Blue)
  • Charleston Captains (Navy, Gold, Red)
  • Charlotte Ants (Silver, Black, Gold)
  • Knoxville Golden Sunrise (Orange-Yellow, Forest Green, Black)
  • Miami Tropical Titans (Yellow, Red, White)
  • Myrtle Beach Sand Crabs (Scarlet, White, Purple)
  • Nashville Naturals (Green, Light Blue, White)
  • New Orleans Swamp Snakes (Black, Red, Purple, Green, Yellow)

Western League

• Anaheim Orangemen (Orange, Dark Purple)
  • Denver Demons (Midnight Blue, Scarlet)
  • Los Angeles Seraphs (Light Purple, Gold, Dodger Blue)
  • Phoenix Aztecs (Red, Teal, Brown, Black, White, Green)
  • Portland Redheads (Red, Silver)
  • San Francisco Magpies (Black, White)
  • Seattle Seadogs (Green, Yellow, Navy Blue)
  • Texas Hotspurs (Navy, White, Red)
  • Utah Bruins (Yellow, Dark Blue)

Up next is European football/soccer, starting with the English League.

A group of 5 football fans, a Manchester United, Liverpool, Millwall, Birmingham City, and a Newcastle United fan originally from America were tired of corruption in FIFA, UEFA, and eventually the FA & Premier League. So they have created the Soccer Leagues of England (SLE), which is the English version of a larger vision they had, which is to add similar leagues for all countries in the world, and for that, they also created the Confederation of Soccer Leagues (CSL).

Soccer Leagues of England

England League 1 Premiership (EL1P)

• Albion Liverpool (Red, White, Blue)
  • Aquae Sulis Bathonians (Red, Green)
  • Birmingham Bulls (Red, Yellow, Blue)
  • Birmingham Irish (Green, White, Orange)
  • Brixton Windies (Green, Yellow, Black, Blue, Red)
  • FC Cumbria Carlisle (Green, Blue)
  • Hull Wednesday (Blue, Orange)
  • Leicester Rangers (Yellow, Blue)
  • Liverpool Welsh (Red, White, Green)
  • London Sultans FC (Green, White)
  • London Victorians FC (White, Red)
  • Mancunia FC (Red, Sky Blue)
  • Oldham Owls FC (Black, Yellow)
  • Reading Abbey Sporting Club (Green, Yellow)
  • Royal Leeds Sporting Club (White, Blue)
  • Royal Westminster (Royal Blue, White, Gold)
  • Sheffield Blademen (Black, Blue)
  • Royal Southampton Sporting Club (Red, White)
  • Sunderland Sporting Club (Black, Red)
  • TWBC 2028 Newcastle [Tyne & Wear Ball-Game Club 2028] (Blue)

England League 2 Premiership (EL2P)

• Athletic Club of Bristol (Blue, White, Green)
  • Birmingham Scottish (Blue, White)
  • Blackpool Orange (Orange)
  • Bradford Bees (Yellow, Black)
  • Coventry Motor FC (Red, Green)
  • Jersey Islanders (Red, White)
  • Kernow Truru (Black, White, Yellow)
  • Liverpool Celtic (Green, Gold)
  • Liverpool Zulu Warriors (Black, Red, Yellow, Green)
  • London Greeks (White, Blue)
  • London Hibernian (Green, Orange)
  • London Italians (Blue)
  • London Kurds (Red, Green, Yellow)
  • London Turks (Red, White, Teal)
  • Luton United FC 2041 (Orange)
  • Manchester Arabs (Black, Green, White)
  • Middlesbrough Lions (Red)
  • Milton Keynes Roundabouts (White, Black, Red)
  • Nottingham Sheriffs (Green)
  • Polonia Londyn (White, Red, Black)

• 1 month later...

I threw together this realignment of major league baseball, with 32 teams, to try to have more of those "exciting" regional interleague matchups (Brewers/Twins, Cubs/White Sox, Angels/Dodgers, Giants/A's, Mets/Yankees, etc.) occur more frequently throughout the season, and allow for the opportunity for potential interleague postseason matchups and an intraleague world series:

MLB North:                           MLB South:                           MLB East:                                MLB West:

Montreal Expos (N)               Cincinnati Reds (N)               Boston Red Sox (A)                  Seattle Mariners (A)

Toronto Blue Jays (A)           Tampa Bay Rays (N)             New York Yankees (A)               SF Giants (N)

Detroit Tigers (A)                  Atlanta Braves (N)                 New York Mets (N)                   Oakland A’s (A)

Chicago Cubs (N)                Miami Marlins (N)                  Pittsburgh Pirates (N)               Colorado Rockies (N)

Chicago White Sox (A)         Mexico City (A)                    Philadelphia Phillies (N)             LA Angels (A)

Milwaukee Brewers (N)        Kansas City Royals (A)         Baltimore Orioles (A)                 LA Dodgers (N)

Minnesota Twins (A)            Texas Rangers (A)               Washington Nationals (N)           Arizona D-backs (A)

St. Louis Cardinals (N)         Houston Astros (A)             Cleveland Indians (A)                  San Diego Padres (N)

Of note, I decided that the Cardinals/Cubs rivalry would be more important to the MLB than the Cardinals/Royals interleague rivalry, so the Cardinals were placed in the North and Kansas City in the South. The Reds, Royals, and Indians are the most geographically out-of-line in this scenario, something that could be adjusted depending on where the expansion teams are placed or if any franchises should relocate.

In this alignment, there could be 156 total games played per team, with each team playing 12 games against each team in its division and then one three game series against the 24 other teams in MLB. I also kept the National and American league designations, and in doing so each expansion franchise (Montreal and Mexico City) were placed in opposite leagues and Arizona and Tampa Bay had to switch leagues to maintain a balance of four NL teams and four AL teams per region. While I have kept the league designations, I think the playoff format would be more exciting if it were a twelve team postseason, with each regional winner being seeded 1-4 and the next 8 best records overall in the MLB being seeded 5-12. Playoff scheduling could be 

First Series, “WC Weekend (Fri.-Sun.)” – 5 v. 12, 6 v. 11, 7 v. 10, 8 v. 9. Four three game series.

Second Series, “DS” – 1 v. (8/9) 2 v. (7/10), 3 v. (6/11), 4 v. (5/12). Four 5 game series.

Third Series, “CS” – (1/8/9) v. (4/5/12), (2/7/10) v. (3/6/11). Two 7 game series.

Fourth Series, “WS” – (1/8/9/4/5/12) v. (2/7/10/3/6/11). One 7 game series.

The Wild Card weekend would have a very march madness type of feeling, with games being "around the clock" Friday through Sunday, with each divisional region offering a neutral site for a game to be played. This allows a spread of games from Eastern to Pacific time. Otherwise, games could just be played at the higher seed's home stadium for the entirety of the weekend.

• Like 1