Pacific Division

Calgary Flames

Colorado Avalanche

Edmonton Oilers

Los Angeles Kings

San Jose Sharks

Vancouver Canucks

-Moved Phoenix to Quebec City

-Got rid of Anaheim, Carolina, Columbus, Florida, Nashville and Tampa Bay (all apologies in advance ;))

Except Anaheim, Carolina, Tampa Bay and now Nashville are doing well financially, I believe. I'd say move Phoenix to Quebec and just contract the other 2, if anything. Phoenix is relocated because they have history (before Phoenix) and the other two are simply expansion teams within the last 20 years. 28 team's still allows 4 equal divisions of 7.

Except Anaheim, Carolina, Tampa Bay and now Nashville are doing well financially, I believe. I'd say move Phoenix to Quebec and just contract the other 2, if anything. Phoenix is relocated because they have history (before Phoenix) and the other two are simply expansion teams within the last 20 years. 28 team's still allows 4 equal divisions of 7.

I was curious about this after reading it, so I looked it up. It's not official NHL info, but it's Forbes, and Forbes knows money so I am inclined to trust their valuations.

Anaheim: Worth $184 million, lost $8.4 million in 2011

Carolina: Worth $169 million, lost $4.4 million in 2011

Tampa Bay: Worth $174 million, lost $8.5 million in 2011

Nashville: Worth $163 million, lost $7.5 million in 2011

Florida: Worth $162 million, lost $7 million in 2011

Phoenix: Worth $134 million, lost $24.4 million in 2011

Columbus: Worth $152 million, lost $13.7 million in 2011

The Islanders, Sabres, Devils, Sharks, Wild, Capitals and Jets also lost significant money, though I think it could be argued that the Caps, Wild, Sharks, Sabres and Jets are all on stable ground due to strong ownership and/or fan support. The Devils, despite having a solid team for most of the last 20 years AND a new arena still fail to draw decent crowds and the Islanders are stuck in the arena that time forgot, and both are overshadowed by the Rangers. If the Devils and their arena teleported to where Nassau Coliseum currently stands, they'd have a solid franchise. But that's not going to happen, so both franchises will remain stuck in a rut.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The Jets said they're not receiving revenue sharing this year. Doesn't that mean they made money? If you're citing 2011 figures, wouldn't that be Atlanta? Also, Phoenix lost more than $24 million, because the $25 million subsidy was paid in full, unless that means they lost $49 million, in which case sweet Jesus.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Jets said they're not receiving revenue sharing this year. Doesn't that mean they made money? If you're citing 2011 figures, wouldn't that be Atlanta? Also, Phoenix lost more than $24 million, because the $25 million subsidy was paid in full, unless that means they lost $49 million, in which case sweet Jesus.

Yeah, those would be 2010-11 figures... should have clarified that. Forbes wouldn't have the 2011-12 figures yet, I'd imagine.

I'm not certain about the deal with Phoenix, but if they lost $24.4 million after that subsidy, then Glendale should seriously consider burning down Jobing.com Arena and collecting an insurance settlement on it.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

OK, well seeing as how the farce is continuing in Glendale, I made up this, based on an idea from the Tom Fulery Realignment Project:

3-PODFORMATwithcoyotes.png

That alignment actually doesn't look all that bad.

Obvioiusly it works better for some divisions then others, but as a whole I like it.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the playoff option. I think that's something that should be figured out well in advance. But I do like the idea that any combination of teams should be able to play for the Stanely Cup as opposed to the current East/West format. I would strongly be in favor of that for the NBA as well and even with the MLB and NFL I think it should at least be considered.

Actually, I kept the East-West thing intact. 8 seeds from both conferences (5 division winners, 3 wildcards).

That's fine to. I don't mind seeding teams by conference for the first two rounds. I actually would prefer it that way. I don't need to see a first round series between Vancouver and Florida. If your not a fan of either of those teams why would you care?

But the final four I think should be reseeded by record.

Here's a second option: 24 divisional games, 6 vs a designated rival in another division (which can rotate each season if need be), 24 vs the six other teams in the division of the designated rival (that's 4 apiece), and a home-and-away against each team in the remaining two divisions.

MYNHL28teamsnocoyotesordevils.png

Based on the latest news that the Devils are $77 million in debt, I have reconstructed the league again, by contracting Phoenix and New Jersey.

Rearrange the division names (your Smythe should be Norris, your Norris Adams and your Adams Smythe) and you're golden.

I also like your outside-the-box 3-team-division format too.

CCSLC signature.png

Rearrange the division names (your Smythe should be Norris, your Norris Adams and your Adams Smythe) and you're golden.

Yeah. Bit of an oopsie on the division names. Don't give me the credit for the 3-team thing. I actually modified the idea from this guy:

http://www.tomfulery...%80%93-week-33/

MYNHL28teamsnocoyotesordevils.png

Based on the latest news that the Devils are $77 million in debt, I have reconstructed the league again, by contracting Phoenix and New Jersey.

And swap Colorado and Dallas.

IeHVybT.png

396610_3791273553816_1253562797_n.jpg

- Name: Mountain Western Athletic Conference (The MW. MWC + WAC)

- # of schools: 12

- Divisions: Geographic

- Championship Game:University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, AZ)

The Mountain West was looking to expand because their heavy hitters had all left, but found that several schools were taken and didn't know where else to turn. Good thing for them (and horrible for the other), the WAC basically became extinct. So, to save some face for the old league, the Mountain West decided to call on a combination of their programs and leftovers from the WAC. With the merger agreed upon from both parties, the Mountain Western Athletic Conference (or simply just "The MW") was born, with Denver fielding their first football team in the later part of the 2010s.

Closer to reality. . . . .

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

OK, so since I didn't see this thread at first.....

This is just my personal view of the landscape 10 years from now. Yeah, I know that there's a lot that can effect one or more conferences and too much has to happen to make any of this possible, so just keep in mind: THIS IS OBVIOUSLY FICTIONAL.

The "SUPER 16" CONFERENCES

544599_3790885384112_894216178_n.jpg

- Name: Big North (formerly Big Ten)

- # of schools: 16

- Championship Game: Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)

When the playoffs began in 2014, the Big Ten decided to increase its strength by adding 4 more schools. Virginia Tech left the ACC, which lost some of its weight as a "BCS conference", accepting the invite to join the newly named Big North. Cincinatti was also invited after being passed over for Louisville by the Big XII. Notre Dame was practically forced to join for football only, as they were the only independent school left. The Big North wanted to expand to the East Coast and looked to branch out twoards New York, but since Syracuse decided to stay with the ACC, Buffalo was taken instead as what fans of the day call a "potential" program.

545403_3790916544891_1855970786_n.jpg

- Name: Big XVI (formerly Big XII)

- Championship Game: Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, TX)

Along with the Big Ten, the Big XII also decided to change its name as even the presidents themselves eventually thought it was a little ridiculous knowing the number of teams involved with the conference didn't match the name. Also, like the Big Ten, the new Big XVI decided to expand some more by inviting BYU and Louisville. Like TCU, Air Force and Houston decided that the Big XVI would be a better choice than plaing in the Big East. UNlike TCU, they played at least a couple years in the Big East. Jerry Jones (still living at this point... barely) is glad to see the conference championship game back in the The Death Star.

555031_3791288634193_837983561_n.jpg

- Name: Pac-16 (formerly Pac-12)

- Championship Game:Farmers Field (Los Angeles)

As the Pac-12 got stronger, their expansion came right along with the other "Big Four". Boise's invite came with the twist of an arm, though not as dominant in their WAC/Mountain West days, still were very formidable. Nevada was added not only as a natural rival for them, but there program also grew pretty well. Hawai'i was a big draw "potenial" based on some of their BCS history and Texas was still in mind for expansion, with UTEP being the closest available school. Getting away from the home team field advantage, the Pac-16 decided to chose a neutral site for their big game like everyone else. The absolute best venue available for that was one of the newest stadiums in the NFL: L.A.'s Farmers Field.

534886_3790886104130_1905355378_n.jpg

- Name: Southeast Conference (SEC)

- Championship Game:Turner Stadium (Atlanta)

Since 2014, the SEC hasn't been as dominant as they were before these playoffs. Seeing this as reason to expand, they invited two ACC programs. Georgia Tech, a program that left the SEC in the 60's, and Miami, a program no one ever thought would be part of the SEC.... Georgia Tech and Miami. Because of Texas A&M and Mizzou's additions ten years earlier, the SEC was already one of biggest, but these two solidified the conference's place as one of the "Big Four". The SEC considered moving their championship game, but decided to stay in Atlanta since the Georgia Dome was replaced with a new, state-of-the-art Falcons stadium named after Ted Turner.

The Mid Super Conferences

559144_3790885184107_1923889830_n.jpg

- Name: ACC

- Divisions: Non-Geographic

- Championship Game:Bacardi Stadium (Miami Gardens, FL)

When the ACC gained 14 teams in 2012, it seemed as if it would be one of the biggest and strongest conferences for some time to come. But, a handfull of ACC schools left to go to other conferences with a few (Umass, Florida Atlantic, Army) invited to join, reducing the conference back to 12. The championship game returned to Florida in the renovated, re-named Bacardi Stadium in 2018.

482138_3790885064104_599416746_n.jpg

- Name: Big East

- # of schools: 14

- Divisions: Non-Geographic

- Championship Game:MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The Big East seemed to be dead in the water in 2011 until the conference invited several other schools right after TCU bailed, which were from the former Mountain West and C-USA. However, Houston, SDSU, Air Force, Boise State, and Big East member Louisville ALL left as well and even Big East member Notre Dame decided to go to another conference for football. Being labled "dead" again, the Big East didn't give up and did some heavy duty searching for other schools, while being lucky enough to have two basketball schools bring their football programs back to FBS: Villanova and Gerogetown. Like basketball, the conference wanted their first ever championship football game in the New York/New Jersey Metro Area, sticking to MetLife Stadium.

399222_3790884944101_695899371_n.jpg

- Name: Conference Sun Belt (Sun Belt Conference + C-USA)

- Championship Game:Reliant Stadium (Houston)

The Sun Belt survived the big program grab of FBS realignment... and the C-USA was on its last leg. Both conferences decided for business sake to combine into one, which was ironic for the C-USA since they had plans with the Mountain West to combine into a 22-team conference just a decade ago. Because there were slightly more teams on their side, the Sun Belt basically had top billing as far as the name went, with just a slight modification. Just like every other conference in this time, the C-SB decided to go with a neutral site for a championship game, with Houston and New Orleans rotating every 2 years.

295407_3790885824123_1861274856_n.jpg

- Name: Mid-American Conference (MAC)

- Championship Game:Ford Field (Detroit)

The MAC hasn't been considered a top conference for a long time. With the current landscape, it's not as seperate.... but the perception is still there. With three teams leaving, the MAC was one of the conferences who didn't take as hard a hit as a few others. And since the landscape was a bit more regional again, the MAC decided to take a couple C-USA schools, one Sun Belt and introduce former FCS powerhouse Appalacian State to the fold.

396610_3791273553816_1253562797_n.jpg

- Name: Mountain Western Athletic Conference (The MW. MWC + WAC)

- Championship Game:University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, AZ)

The Mountain West was looking to expand because their heavy hitters had all left, but found that several schools were taken and didn't know where else to turn. Good thing for them (and horrible for the other), the WAC basically became extinct. So, to save some face for the old league, the Mountain West decided to call on a combination of their programs and leftovers from the WAC. With the merger agreed upon from both parties, the Mountain Western Athletic Conference (or simply just "The MW") was born, with Denver fielding their first football team in the later part of the 2010s.

The Pac-16 and ACC got screwed.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.