Pirates

Reds

NL West

Giants

Dodgers

Padres

Astros

Rockies/D-backs

That way, both West divisions would have 3 teams in the Pacific Time Zone, 1 team in Mountain Time and 1 team in Central Time. Perfectly balanced.

"locked interleague rivals"

Cubs - White Sox

Yankees - Mets

Athletics - Giants

Dodgers - Angels

Rays - Marlins

Orioles - Nationals

Cardinals - Royals

Twins - Brewers

Indians - Reds

Pirates - Tigers

Phillies - Blue Jays

Braves - Red Sox

Padres - Mariners

Astros - Rangers

Rockies - D-backs

If I could make a suggestion, it'd be to swap Erie with London, and keep the border-hopping to a minimum by having all three American teams in one division.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

What the MLB should have done with the whole 15-team per league thing:

AL East

Yankees

Red Sox

Rays

Blue Jays

Orioles

AL Central

Twins

White Sox

Indians

Tigers

Royals

AL West

Angels

Mariners

Athletics

Rangers

Rockies/D-backs

NL East

Marlins

Mets

Phillies

Nationals

Braves

NL Central

Cubs

Cardinals

Brewers

Pirates

Reds

NL West

Giants

Dodgers

Padres

Astros

Rockies/D-backs

That way, both West divisions would have 3 teams in the Pacific Time Zone, 1 team in Mountain Time and 1 team in Central Time. Perfectly balanced.

"locked interleague rivals"

Cubs - White Sox

Yankees - Mets

Athletics - Giants

Dodgers - Angels

Rays - Marlins

Orioles - Nationals

Cardinals - Royals

Twins - Brewers

Indians - Reds

Pirates - Tigers

Phillies - Blue Jays

Braves - Red Sox

Padres - Mariners

Astros - Rangers

Rockies - D-backs

Yeah, that's what I've been saying since they first announced their intention to move somebody to the AL and go 15-15. The Astros had 51 seasons in the NL aswear the Diamondbacks and Rockies only had like 34 combined. Now I understand with the selling of the team, it created a prime oppurtunity and all, and it gives the Rangers someone nearby, but still, now both Texas teams are playing the majority of their division games two time zones behind. Why not even it out, each plays 3 teams in the Pacific TZ and one in the Mountain? And I always preferred switching Colorado because they're farther north which just seems to help bridge the gap a bit between Texas and Seattle. Be all-in-all, either Colorado or Arizona would've been fine.

Here's an MLB Realignment with expansion (I know they're far off from actual expansion, but this is just hypothetical) into Portland and Charlotte (I'm all for San Antonio as well, but wanted to do this one right now). Anyway, I have two different options. This first is fairly straightforward.

Note: Portland would make sense to just stick in the AL, but I remember hearing during other times like with the Expos potential moves and other expansion discussions, that Seattle likes having the entire Pacific northwest market, and would rather not expand into it. But at the very least, they'd like to maintain being the only AL team there. And I feel Portland and Arizona are fairly interchangeable in this plan, so I'll just list them together as an either/or.

National League

West: Arizona/Portland, LA Dodgers, San Diego, San Francisco

Central: St. Louis, Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati, Milwaukee

East: NY Mets, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington

South: Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Tampa Bay

American League

West: Arizona/Portland, LA Angels, Oakland, Seattle

Central: Chicago Sox, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota

"South": Colorado, Houston, Kansas City, Texas

East: Baltimore, Boston, NY Yankees, Toronto

(I put the AL South in quotations because, even though Colorado isn't really south, it basically becomes that division)

Now, some may say Tampa Bay's success in staying in the area would probably stand a better chance if they continued to play the Yankees and Red Sox on a regular basis. I don't know if sharing a division with Miami would help or not, so I did another plan with the Rays remaining in the AL East. I shifted over a few teams and brought the Astros back into the NL. Now what was the AL "South" has become the Central, as I moved Minnesota over, and what was the AL Central has become the "North". So each league as a West, Central and East, and then the NL has a South and the AL a North.

Here is plan 2.

National League

West: Arizona/Portland, LA Dodgers, San Diego, San Francisco

Central: St. Louis, Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati, Milwaukee

South: Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Miami

East: NY Mets, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington

American League

West: Arizona/Portland, LA Angels, Oakland, Seattle

Central: Colorado, Kansas City, Minnesota, Texas

North: Chicago Sox, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto

East: Baltimore, Boston, NY Yankees, Tampa Bay

Now Houston is a bit west of the other NL South teams, but they're still only one time zone behind and a team's fans would rather see them play on TV and hour ahead, maybe at 6:00pm central, rather than 2 hours behind, starting at 9:00pm central, so it works out for the better, IMO.

While we're at it, here's my newest MLB realignment idea.

Option A:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East

• Baltimore
  • Boston
  • New York Yankees
  • Toronto

North

• Chicago White Sox
  • Cleveland
  • Detroit
  • Minnesota

South

• Charlotte
  • Houston
  • Tampa Bay
  • Texas

West

• Kansas City
  • Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
  • Oakland
  • Seattle

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East

• New York Mets
  • Philadelphia
  • Pittsburgh
  • Washington

North

• Chicago Cubs
  • Cincinnati
  • Milwaukee
  • St. Louis

South

• Atlanta
  • Colorado
  • Miami
  • San Antonio

West

• Arizona
  • Los Angeles Dodgers
  • San Diego
  • San Francisco

Option B:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East

• Baltimore
  • Boston
  • New York Yankees
  • Toronto

North

• Chicago White Sox
  • Cleveland
  • Detroit
  • Minnesota

South

• Houston
  • Kansas City
  • Tampa Bay
  • Texas

West

• Arizona/Colorado
  • Oakland
  • Seattle

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East

• New York Mets
  • Philadelphia
  • Pittsburgh
  • Washington

North

• Chicago Cubs
  • Cincinnati
  • Milwaukee
  • St. Louis

South

• Atlanta
  • Charlotte
  • Miami
  • San Antonio

West

• Arizona/Colorado
  • Los Angeles Dodgers
  • San Diego
  • San Francisco

Option C:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East

• Baltimore
  • Boston
  • New York Yankees
  • Toronto

North

• Chicago White Sox
  • Cleveland
  • Detroit
  • Minnesota

South

• Houston
  • Kansas City
  • Tampa Bay
  • Texas

West

• Las Vegas
  • Oakland
  • Seattle

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East

• New York Mets
  • Philadelphia
  • Pittsburgh
  • Washington

North

• Chicago Cubs
  • Colorado
  • Milwaukee
  • St. Louis

South

• Atlanta
  • Cincinnati
  • Miami
  • San Antonio

West

• Arizona
  • Los Angeles Dodgers
  • San Diego
  • San Francisco

Option A looks odd with Colorado in the NL South and K.C. in the AL West. Options B or C would most likely work.

YOZXkBG.png?1

On option A, why would you even consider having Colorado in a division with Miami and other eastern cities, yet put Kansas City in a west division? As far as I can tell option A shouldn't even be an option.

On Option A: I put Kansas City in the AL West so they could renew their rivalry with the Oakland A's. Also, Colorado is in the NL South because the state of Colorado, geographically speaking, is in the SOUTHwestern United States.

By the way, I just added Option C, with Cincinnati in the NL South, Colorado in the NL North, and Kansas City in the AL South.

YOZXkBG.png?1

If the Triple-A Baseball did a realingment just like the MLB, by putting 15 teams in each league, this is how it would look like:

International League

Northeast

Buffalo Bisons

Pawtucket Red Sox

Rochester Red Wings

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders

Syracuse Chiefs

Atlantic

Lehigh Valley IronPigs

Charlotte Knights

Durham Bulls

Gwinnett Braves

Norfolk Tides

Midwest

Columbus Clippers

Indianapolis Indians

Louisville Bats

Toledo Mud Hens

Nashville Sounds

Pacific Coast League

Central

Iowa Cubs

Memphis Redbirds

Omaha Storm Chasers

New Orleans Zephyrs

Oklahoma City RedHawks

Southwest

Albuquerque Isotopes

Round Rock Express

Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Tucson Padres

Salt Lake Bees

Pacific

Tacoma Rainers

Fresno Grizzlies

Las Vegas 51s

Reno Aces

Sacramento River Cats

I have two possible schedule options:

4 games vs one outer-league division [5 teams], division rotates on six-year basis (20 games)

4 games vs outer-divisions [10 teams], home/away alts yearly (40 games)

28 games vs division members [3 teams], 14 home, 14 away (84 games)

4 games vs one outer-league division [5 teams], division rotates on six-year basis (20 games)

8 games vs outer-divisions [10 teams], home-home series (80 games)

14 or 15 games vs division members [3 teams], 7/8 games home, 7/8 games away (44 games)

The basic rules would reamin the same. Using DH if an AL-affiliated team is in the game. If both teams are NL, then no DH. All-Star game will still be PCL vs IL. Playoffs would have 3 division winners and 1 wild-card team. "Champions" of each league play against each other for the AAA Championship (Perhaps best-of-five instead of single game like before?)

This whole idea is just simple. It would have "inter-league" for the first time in AAA baseball. I think it would be great for fans as they can see "unusual" teams coming into their stadium to play their favorite teams while they would see their favorite team go on the road to new cities. I guess it's the same idea that MLB originally had when they first added inter-league.

Now, personally, I'm not a fan of interleague because it makes the schedule unbalanced. But I guess it could work for AAA baseball since the minor leagues aren't usually too big on the playoffs.

Hypothetical AFC realignment if The Jaguars were to move to Los Angeles, and since I have OCD, the fact that Indianapolis is in the South agitates me, so I moved them around a bit.

WEST

Los Angeles

San Diego

Denver

Oakland

SOUTH

Tennessee

Houston

Miami

Kansas City

EAST

New England

Indianapolis

New York J

Buffalo

NORTH remains unchanged with

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Cleveland

Cincinnati

The Only United Football League fan in the Universe.

Ponies on Saturday. Football on Sunday. Mystery meat on Monday.

Miami's in the AFC East for historical purposes, much like Dallas being in the NFC East. And honestly KC would probably stay in the West for the same reason.

But then who would you kick out of the West to accommodate LA? The Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers all have just as much history as the Chiefs do.

IeHVybT.png

Miami's in the AFC East for historical purposes, much like Dallas being in the NFC East. And honestly KC would probably stay in the West for the same reason.

But then who would you kick out of the West to accommodate LA? The Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers all have just as much history as the Chiefs do.

LA to the NFC West, Rams to the AFC South.

1. Less 1970s hockey wankery please. Surprised you didn't rename the Avalanche the Rockies or the Denver Spurs.

Other than the Cincinnati Stingers, I didn't really spot anything that ill-advised.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This thread is awesome. Never thought I'd seen something like that. But, well, here goes my one.

MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER

"On February 14, 2011 at a Vancouver press conference, Commissioner Don Garber, noted that he sees 22 teams by the end of the decade, but isn't in a hurry to expand."

So that's the idea, MLS should have 22 teams until, at least, the year 2020. However, there is a little extra.

"In October 2012, in regards to the next expansion team in New York City, MLS President Mark Abbott said "The league is in preliminary discussions with a number of ownership groups and indicated that a likely timeline will see the new owner identified in 2013 with play to begin in 2016." "

With New York earning a team, there would be an even number of teams, since MLS would reach 20. So how would it roll on in my view?

In 2015, the New York Cosmos are pointed out as the choice, seeing as they already have a decent fanbase from the NASL and already have support from international stars, so it wouldn't be a dumb move at all.

This would make the Conference Alignment become:

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Chicago Fire

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

Houston Dynamo

Montreal Impact

New England Revolution

New York Cosmos

New York Red Bulls

Philadelphia Union

Sporting Kansas City

Toronto FC

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

CD Chivas USA

Colorado Rapids

FC Dallas

Los Angeles Galaxy

Portland Timbers

Real Salt Lake

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Vancouver Whitecaps

So about the rise to twenty-two teams? Well, they would probably follow the same type of choice that added the Impact, the Whitecaps, the Timbers, the Sounders and the Cosmos to the league. My idea would that they would add two succesfull teams of the NASL again, which would be the San Antonio Scorpions and the Carolina RailHawks. By 2020, the MLS would look like this:

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Carolina RailHawks

Chicago Fire

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

Montreal Impact

New England Revolution

New York Cosmos

New York Red Bulls

Philadelphia Union

San Antonio Scorpions

Sporting Kansas City

Toronto FC

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

CD Chivas USA

Colorado Rapids

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo (Relocated from Eastern)

Los Angeles Galaxy

Portland Timbers

Real Salt Lake

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Vancouver Whitecaps

My plan is longer, though, and it rolls to the end of the 2020s. By then, with the pace the MLS had to add franchises, four more teams would be in it. The first added would be the Fort Lauderdale Strikers, then followed by the Tampa Bay Rowdies (even though I'm unsure whether going back to the Tampa Bay Market would be good. These two would recquire a change in th Conferences, thus throwing the Scorpions at the Western Conference.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Carolina RailHawks

Chicago Fire

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

Fort Lauderdale Strikers

Kansas City Wizards (Sporting Kansas City rebranding for the fans. Or for the good of their logical senses.)

Montreal Impact

New England Revolution

New York Cosmos

New York Red Bulls

Philadelphia Union

Tampa Bay Rowdies

Toronto FC

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

CD Chivas USA

Colorado Rapids

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

Los Angeles Galaxy

Portland Timbers

Real Salt Lake

San Antonio Scorpions

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Vancouver Whitecaps

By 2030, the MLS add the Atlanta Silverbacks from NASL and add a franchise from Minnesota. The Minnesota franchise is named the Minnesota Gophers, referencing the "Gopher State" nickname given to Minnesota. The Silverbacks decide to rebrand themselves in sight of the bad seasons they recently played and in a concurse, the nickname Peaches is chosen. Minnesota is chosen to align with the Western Conference, while the Peaches play in the Eastern. Las Vegas make an offer on the CD Chivas USA team, which is promptly accepted by Chivas Guadalajara.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Atlanta Peaches (Originally the Atlanta Silverbacks)

Carolina RailHawks

Chicago Fire

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

Fort Lauderdale Strikers

Montreal Impact

New England Revolution

New York Cosmos

New York Red Bulls

Philadelphia Union

Tampa Bay Rowdies

Toronto FC

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

Colorado Rapids

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

Kansas City Wizards (Moved from Eastern)

Las Vegas AC (Relocation of CD Chivas USA)

Los Angeles Galaxy

Minnesota Gophers

Portland Timbers

Real Salt Lake

San Antonio Scorpions

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Vancouver Whitecaps

Thoughts? Death Threats?

...Totally forgot I had an account.

new_metro-MAP.png

It's January 2015 and the Big East is no longer a member of the BCS. No longer finding it necessary to remain in a conference too bloated for its own good, the southern members break off and re-form the Metro Conference, inviting Charlotte, UAB and Georgia State to bring them to an even 10 members with a presence in nearly every major media market in the south.

School (DMA #) Non-BE Members Underlined

Charlotte (#25)

Cincinnati (#35)

Houston (#10)

Louisville (#48)

Memphis (#49)

SMU (#5)

South Florida (#14)

UAB (#39)

UCF (#19)

Georgia State (#9)

Unlike the old Metro Conference, this one will sponsor football as all 10 members have teams. They invite UConn and Temple, the remaining full-time Big East members who play football to become affiliates with the new Metro, giving them enough teams for a championship game. The divisions lay out like so.

East Division

Charlotte

Connecticut*

Georgia State

South Flordia

Temple*

UCF

West Division

Cincinnati

Houston

Lousiville

Memphis

SMU

UAB

*Affiliate Football Member

In my speculative universe, Georgia Tech and Florida State took Big XII invites, thereby negating the need for them to go after Louisville or Cincy. But should UL and UC leave, the door is open for Tulane (an original Metro member), FIU, Old Dominion or UTSA.

Yeah! I suggested something like this back around page 170 of the Division 1 Realignment Thread last month. The football members of the Big East (in the south) should split off and revive the Metro. I don't think Georgia State or Charlotte are the right choices though. I'd go with Tulane and Southern Miss, both original Metro members.

Louisville

Cincinnati

Houston

SMU

Memphis

Tulane

South Florida

Central Florida

Southern Miss

UAB

(Temple goes back to the MAC and Navy to Independent)

Charlotte was a Metro member in the 90s though, and Atlanta had a team in the conference in the beginning (Georgia Tech). I figured they'd be more realistic choices because of media market considerations.

That said, your version of the Metro looks pretty good too. I'd be happy with either one of them.