Lee.

The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Plus, for some odd reason nobody pays attention to Dreday...unless it's :censored: withdreday.

Nah, I'm in favor of expansion, not contraction. There are certainly enough talented hours to fill another day - the pool won't be diluted by having 24 more roster spots.

There could be two four-day divisions. The weekday division - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the weekend division - DreDay (expansion), Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Top two in each division play each other in a best of three, and the winners play best of five for champion of the week.

Nothing? I thought that was pretty good :cry:

The problem with DreDay is that doesn't have a feel. Monday has a feel. Friday and Saturday have a feel. DreDay, like Tuesday, is just there.

Nah, I'm in favor of expansion, not contraction. There are certainly enough talented hours to fill another day - the pool won't be diluted by having 24 more roster spots.

There could be two four-day divisions. The weekday division - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the weekend division - DreDay (expansion), Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Top two in each division play each other in a best of three, and the winners play best of five for champion of the week.

Nothing? I thought that was pretty good :cry:

The problem with DreDay is that doesn't have a feel. Monday has a feel. Friday and Saturday have a feel. DreDay, like Tuesday, is just there.

I'd be all for contracting Tuesday.

Nothing? I thought that was pretty good cry.gif

I think the 2 times Tuesday from Dominos makes Tuesday a contender in my book

Alright we can keep Tuesday, lets get rid of Monday or Wednesday instead, we need 1 day to go away IMO

Alright we can keep Tuesday, lets get rid of Monday or Wednesday instead, we need 1 day to go away IMO

We can't get rid of Wednesday. When would all the wing deals happen?!

No, not me!

Wednesday.png

MLB, if the A's and Rays pull up stakes:

AL East:

Boston

NY Yankees

Baltimore

Toronto

Indianapolis Arrows (formerly the Rays)

AL Central:

Detroit

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland

Milwaukee

Minnesota

AL West:

LA Angels

Seattle

Kansas City

Las Vegas, Portland, Sacramento, or Utah A's

Texas

NL East:

NY Mets

Philadelphia

Washington

Florida

Atlanta

NL Central:

St. Louis

Chicago Cubs

Houston

Pittsburgh

Cincinatti

NL West:

Colorado

Arizona

San Francisco

San Diego

LA Dodgers

Disregarding the odd-numbered leagues and keeping rivalries (Rays/Arrows with Red Sox and Yankees) intact.

We can't get rid of Wednesday. When would all the wing deals happen?!

As well as Monday, where else will we get our Monday Night Wars

FFS, we can move this stuff to another day, I want a shorter week!

MLS 2020:

1. Atlanta Silverbacks (expansion club, 2020; club owned by Fulham FC)
  2. Boston Minutemen (New England Revolution rebrand)
  3. Chicago Fire SC
  4. Colorado Rapids
  5. Columbus Crew
  6. Dallas Sidekicks (FC Dallas rebrand)
  7. DC United
  8. Houston Dynamo
  9. Kansas City Wizards
  10. Los Angeles Galaxy
  11. Barca Miami (expansion club, 2016; club owned by FC Barcelona)
  12. Minnesota Thunder (expansion club, 2020)
  13. Montreal Impact (expansion club, 2012)
  14. New York Cosmos (Red Bull New York rebrand)
  15. Philadelphia Union
  16. Portland Timbers
  17. Real Salt Lake (club owned by Real Madrid)
  18. Saint Louis United (expansion club, 2012; former AC St. Louis)
  19. CD San Diego (CD Chivas USA rebrand and relocation; club owned by Toluca)
  20. San Jose Earthquakes
  21. Seattle Sounders FC
  22. Tampa Bay Rowdies (expansion club, 2016)
  23. Toronto FC
  24. Vancouver Whitecaps

The Calendar:

In order to make more numerical sense I think the months need to be realigned.

The 31 Day Division

January

March

Oklahoma City (expansion month)

August

The 30 Day Division

June

April

Los Angeles (expansion month)

September

The Holiday Division

November

December

Portland (expansion month)

October

The Three Day Weekend Division

February

July

Vancouver (expansion month)

May

I know I broke up some classic rivalries and the divisions aren't geographically perfect but I think this realignment provides a nice competitive balance.

Un-fricken-acceptable sir. As a July fan I see your decision to break up the July-August rivalry as a personal insult and I will now go on an internet Jihad against you from now until eternity. I'll see you in hell.

I know most people figured breaking up December and November would cause the most problems but I knew all along that splitting up July and August would be where the real trouble would lie.

98_1251_devil-smiley-03.gif

This has been a parody of Iron Chef Shark, brought to you by the Artist Formally Known as Icecap79

If August wants to play that well, we'll see them in the finals. No worry from this July fan.

MLS 2020:

3. Chicago Fire SC
  4. Colorado Rapids
  5. Columbus Crew
  7. DC United
  8. Houston Dynamo
  9. Kansas City Wizards
  10. Los Angeles Galaxy
  15. Philadelphia Union
  16. Portland Timbers
  20. San Jose Earthquakes
  21. Seattle Sounders FC
  23. Toronto FC
  24. Vancouver Whitecaps

Any expansion / realignment proposal for any sport in any league in any universe in any place in the space-time continuum that doesn't include Winnipeg simply cannot be taken seriously.

MLS 2020:

3. Chicago Fire SC
  4. Colorado Rapids
  5. Columbus Crew
  7. DC United
  8. Houston Dynamo
  9. Kansas City Wizards
  10. Los Angeles Galaxy
  15. Philadelphia Union
  16. Portland Timbers
  20. San Jose Earthquakes
  21. Seattle Sounders FC
  23. Toronto FC
  24. Vancouver Whitecaps

Any expansion / realignment proposal for any sport in any league in any universe in any place in the space-time continuum that doesn't include Winnipeg simply cannot be taken seriously.

I did not envision Winnipeg as a viable market as their current stadium doesn't have sufficient seating capacity. That, and there are grumblings on the message boards that the club might move to Phoenix.

:P

NBA if they cared about the fanz!!!111one

East

Atlantic

Boston Celtics

Brooklyn Nets

New York Knicks

Philadelphia 76ers

Central

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Milwaukee Bucks

Washington Zephyrs

Central East

Detroit Pistons

Indiana Pacers

Pittsburgh TBA

Toronto Raptors

Southeast

Atlanta Hawks

Charlotte AirFliers ('cause Bobcats is dumb0

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

West

Midwest

Dallas Mavs

Denver Nuggets

Oklahoma Thunder (they never shoulda left and their unis and logo suck)

Phoenix Suns

Northwest

Minnesota Timberwolves

Portland Trailblazers

Seattle SuperSonics (continuation of teh original sonics even though they're not)

Utah Hornets ('cause tehy're the beehive state and hornets r like bees/continuation of Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets though just the name changed)

Pacific

Los Angles Lakers

Oakland Warriors ('cause Golden State sounds liek a college name()

Sacramento Kings

San Diego Clippers (LA is teh lakers town)

Southwest

Houston Rockets

Memphis Express (give grizzlies back to vancouver incase of expansion)

New Orleans Jazz (new orleans seems more jazzy then utah/official continuation of New Orleans Jazz/Utah Jazz team even if they just switched names with Hornets)

San Antonio Spurs

East

Atlantic

Boston Celtics

Brooklyn Nets

New York Knicks

Philadelphia 76ers

Central

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Milwaukee Bucks

Washington Zephyrs

Central East

Detroit Pistons

Indiana Pacers

Pittsburgh TBA

Toronto Raptors

Southeast

Atlanta Hawks

Charlotte AirFliers ('cause Bobcats is dumb0

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

West

Midwest

Dallas Mavs

Denver Nuggets

Oklahoma Thunder (they never shoulda left and their unis and logo suck)

Phoenix Suns

Northwest

Minnesota Timberwolves

Portland Trailblazers

Seattle SuperSonics (continuation of teh original sonics even though they're not)

Utah Hornets ('cause tehy're the beehive state and hornets r like bees/continuation of Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets though just the name changed)

Pacific

Los Angles Lakers

Oakland Warriors ('cause Golden State sounds liek a college name()

Sacramento Kings

Southwest

Houston Rockets

Memphis Express (give grizzlies back to vancouver incase of expansion)

New Orleans Jazz (new orleans seems more jazzy then utah/official continuation of New Orleans Jazz/Utah Jazz team even if they just switched names with Hornets)

San Antonio Spurs

No Hartford Whalers=fail

This just in... May has made a trade with December. May has acquired December 26th and December 1st in return for May 25th and future considerations. Rumor has it that December is clearing payroll in hopes of signing July 4th when the 4th hits the free agent market after the season

Details and analysis after the game on Sportscenter.

Pacific

Los Angles Lakers

San Francisco Warriors ('cause Golden State sounds like a college name)

Sacramento Kings

Now that's better :D

This just in... May has made a trade with December. May has acquired December 26th and December 1st in return for May 25th and future considerations. Rumor has it that December is clearing payroll in hopes of signing July 4th when the 4th hits the free agent market after the season

Interesting, December 26th was a liability for the December team. I think this is a good trade for December.

Interesting, December 26th was a liability for the December team. I think this is a good trade for December.

December 26 is the biggest retail return day of the year but it's also one of the biggest sales days due to the post Christmas sales. I wouldn't call him a liability.

That being said, with the state of the economy and retail sales as a whole in the past few years, December has been taking a bath, and is just trying to slash payroll no matter what.

It wouldn't shock me if Christmas was available for the right price (top-tier prospect holidays, like Steak and BJ day - holidays that are in their infancy, but could blossom into full-fledged Hallmark days.)

If Chaunakkah (sp) was on the same day every year, all of it's days could probably be had in a large package deal, possibly a three-month trade.