The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

The "40 NFL Teams" thread from the Sports Logos sub-forum has been merged with this thread. It seemed more fitting. Please try to keep realignment/expansion proposals limited to this thread. Thank you.

The following city's should be in the top ten or honorable mentions:

Birmingham, AL

Memphis,TN

Milwaukee, WI

Newark, NJ

Louisville, KY

Newark? When you have two teams sharing a stadium like 15 miles away?

And no way Milwaukee would ever be able to compete with the Packers for fans in Wisconsin.

What would happen if Maryland hadn't decided to join the Big TEN (B1G) and chose to stay in the ACC? Would Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia, Cincinnati and UConn followed the footsteps like Pitt and Syracuse did to join?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

What would happen if Maryland hadn't decided to join the Big TEN (B1G) and chose to stay in the ACC? Would Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia, Cincinnati and UConn followed the footsteps like Pitt and Syracuse did to join?

I feel like all but Rutgers would join the ACC

No, because the ACC doesn't need to expand.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If he was talking about the SEC that would surely be welcomed and acceptable correct?

If he was talking about the SEC that would surely be welcomed and acceptable correct?
The thought that the SEC would willingly take Cincinnati and UConn merits Archimedes losing his :censored:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maybe UConn. I still think that if 16 is the magic number, they will at least get a look.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The following city's should be in the top ten or honorable mentions:

Birmingham, AL

Memphis,TN

Milwaukee, WI

Newark, NJ

Louisville, KY

Newark? When you have two teams sharing a stadium like 15 miles away?

And no way Milwaukee would ever be able to compete with the Packers for fans in Wisconsin.

Call me crazy, but I think a Milwaukee team could work if it were in the AFC.

That said, it's a moot point. We're officially Packers territory in the NFL, and they'd never allow a team to move here.

Any of you guys a fan of NCAA Division II stuff? Anyways, I was wondering if you guys have heard about this new conference called the Great American Conference (a league within the West South Central U.S., specifically Oklahoma and Arkansas). Currently, this 3-year league consists of the following member schools (with the school year that school joined the league in parenthesis):

GAC - East Division

Arkansas Tech University (2011)

University of Arkansas at Monticello (2011)

Harding University (2011)

Henderson State University (2011)

Ouachita Baptist University (2011)

Southern Arkansas University (2011)

GAC - West Division

East Central University (2011)

Northwestern Oklahoma State University (2012)

Southeastern Oklahoma State University (2011)

Southern Nazarene University (2012)

Southwestern Oklahoma State University (2011)

Oklahoma Baptist University (2015, from the NAIA)

I was wondering if the GAC would add fellow Oklahoma schools like these following:

University of Central Oklahoma (from the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association or MIAA)

Northeastern State University (from the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association or MIAA)

Your thoughts guys?

I am and I personally think that Oklahoma Baptist joining the GAC was a very bad idea. Yes, the location is perfect as it make the GAC equal (6 Oklahoma schools and 6 Arkansas schools).

But, if I remember right... there's a rule that states you need 10 members in a conference. I don't know if that rule exists still, but I know of one conference that needs members: the Lone Star Conference (LSC). This league has 9 schools with 7 playing football (Cameron and Texas Women's are the non-football schools). McMurry, which gave up it's D-II bid to go back to D-III, will be in the conference for this season only as a football playing member.

This is where Oklahoma Baptist would be welcomed in with open arms. As a football playing school, they can easily take the spot McMurry would have in 2015 (and beyond) and it gives the league an even 10 teams.

As for UCO and Northeastern State (OK): I think they're happy in the MIAA. It's consistently one of the better leagues at the D-II level. Why give that up to be in the GAC?

Big Four leagues by 2024 (according to simply what I would want to see...)

* = expansion team

NFL

(32 teams)

NFC

- North

• Chicago Bears
  • Detroit Lions
  • Green Bay Packers
  • Minnesota Vikings

- East

• Dallas Cowboys
  • New York Giants
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Washington ["p.c. friendly" nickname]

- South

• Atlanta Falcons
  • Carolina Panthers
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

- West

• Arizona Cardinals
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • San Francisco 49ers
  • Seattle Seahawks

AFC

- North

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

- East

• Buffalo Bills
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets

- South

• Houston Texans
  • Miami Dolphins
  • San Antonio Defenders (formerly Jacksonville Jaguars)
  • Tennessee Titans

- West

• Denver Broncos
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Oakland Raiders
  • San Diego Chargers

NBA

(32 teams)

Eastern

- Atlantic

• Boston Celtics
  • Brooklyn Nets
  • Charlotte Hornets
  • Miami Heat
  • New York Knicks
  • Orlando Magic
  • Philadelphia 76ers
  • Washington Federals

- Central

• Atlanta Hawks
  • Chicago Bulls
  • Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Detroit Pistons
  • Indiana Pacers
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Milwaukee Bucks
  • Toronto Huskies

Western

- Midwest

• Dallas Mavericks
  • Denver Nuggets
  • Fort Worth Outlaws (formerly New Orleans Pelicans)
  • Houston Rockets
  • Minnesota Timberwolves
  • *Missouri Flyers (St. Louis)
  • Oklahoma City Thunder
  • San Antonio Spurs

- Pacific

• Las Vegas Jazz
  • Los Angeles Clippers
  • Los Angeles Lakers
  • Portland Trail Blazers
  • Phoenix Suns
  • Sacramento Kings
  • San Francisco Warriors
  • *Seattle Supersonics

MLB

(32 teams)

A.L.

- North

• Chicago White Sox
  • Cleveland Indians
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Minnesota Twins

- East

• Baltimore Oriels
  • Boston Red Sox
  • New York Yankees
  • Toronto Blue Jays

- South

• *Carolina Cougars
  • Kansas City Royals
  • Tampa Bay Rays
  • Texas Rangers

- West

• Los Angeles Angels
  • Oakland A's
  • San Diego Padres
  • Seattle Mariners

N.L.

- North

• Chicago Cups
  • Cincinnati Reds
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • St. Louis Cardinals

- East

• *Montreal Expos
  • New York Mets
  • Philadelphia Phillies
  • Pittsburgh Pirates

- South

• Atlanta Braves
  • Houston Astros
  • Miami Marlins
  • Washington Nationals

- West

• Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Colorado Rockies
  • Los Angeles Dodgers
  • San Francisco Giants

NHL

(32 teams)

Atlantic

• Boston Bruins
  • Buffalo Sabres
  • Detroit Red Wings
  • Montreal Canadiens
  • Ottawa Senators
  • Quebec Nordiques (formerly Florida Panthers)
  • Tampa Bay Lightning
  • Toronto Maple Leafs

Metro

• Brooklyn Islanders
  • Carolina Hurricanes
  • Columbus Blue Jackets
  • New Jersey Devils
  • New York Rangers
  • Philadelphia Flyers
  • Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Washington Capitals

Central

• Chicago Blackhawks
  • Dallas Stars
  • Houston Coyotes
  • *Kansas City Scouts
  • Minnesota Wild
  • Nashville Predators
  • St. Louis Blues
  • Winnipeg Jets

Pacific

• Anaheim Ducks
  • Calgary Flames
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Los Angeles Kings
  • San Jose Sharks
  • *Seattle Emeralds
  • Vancouver Canucks

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

You REALLY think that a Fort Worth NBA team is even feasible? Dallas hardly even supported the Mavericks until Cuban came along. If it's going to be another Western team I would think Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Kansas City, or even another California team like San Diego or San Jose. Even Biloxi or Louisville if you want to stretch what would count as a "West" team.

• Like 1

GR30a5H.png

Biloxi will never have a major sports team. Ever. But ditto with Fort Worth. Not a chance. North Texas is not a 2-team market.

Why have the Jazz moved to Las Vegas yet the A's and Rays remain when they're in markets or situations of uncertainty and the Jazz are just fine where they're at? Did you really put any thought into any of this? And an NBA team in St. Louis, if that were to even happen, would use "St. Louis", not "Missouri".

You REALLY think that a Fort Worth NBA team is even feasible? Dallas hardly even supported the Mavericks until Cuban came along.

I knew this was coming...

First off, do you really think THIS is the thread, titled "The Pointless Realignment Thread", for that question?

Second, I said "according to simply what I would want to see...

Third, you know what, yeah, I do one day see Fort Worth with at least an NBA team. It wont be any time soon. It more than likely wont even be a decade from now. But maybe one day if this city. DFW isn't that far away from the entire Bay Area in terms of market size, you know.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Biloxi will never have a major sports team. Ever. But ditto with Fort Worth. Not a chance. North Texas is not a 2-team market.

Why have the Jazz moved to Las Vegas yet the A's and Rays remain when they're in markets or situations of uncertainty and the Jazz are just fine where they're at? Did you really put any thought into any of this? And an NBA team in St. Louis, if that were to even happen, would use "St. Louis", not "Missouri".

... you put waaaay too much thought into a POINTLESS Realignment thread.

Damn.

Again, this is just personal preference, not some definitive statement on what each of those leagues WILL look like in 2024.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

And you don't understand what the "Pointless" means. It doesn't mean random junk. It was because people thought realignment ideas in general were stupid, so they finally created a thread for us and called it pointless because they think the thread is. It's supposed to be for posting and discussing, while not likely to happen, somewhat reasonable realignment proposals

It's laughable ideas like this that ruin this thread for the rest if us.