Chicago Wolves and Rochester Americans logo update (Americans Jerseys updated)

72freebie

When I look at the page of AHL logos on this site there is one logo that stands out like a sore thumb to me. That logo is the Chicago Wolves logo which is so outdated compared to some of the great logos in the AHL and it very badly needs an update. I have tried to update this old wolf head to make it a little more modern so it can stand up to logos such as the Milwaukee Admirals. I have also done up a secondary roundel logo. I will eventually be doing jerseys but first I would like some feedback on these first.

Primary logo

Chicago-Wolves.thumb.png.280ba02f124cbbecdd201f56029916a1.png

and here are the other logos

secondary-logos.thumb.png.71e432e62b8b2371b11fc0a074978933.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

All three logos look amazing! The wolf update is outstanding! A couple things that are bugging me:

- I like the font you chose, but its serifs make the shield look really off-balance. Maybe tweak the S serif to match the W serif?

- I also like that you filled in the little spaces between the WOLVES text to make embroidering/small applications easier, but that makes me feel that the general flow of the primary would look better if you took out the two little bits of shield poking out from the wolf at the bottom.

(It also seems that the wolf can stand on its own for primary.)

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

You are heading in the right direction! A few things I noticed though:

• Be sure to work from references other than the original logo too, I understand that you're doing an update, but this can still help.
  • Ears could be a bit smaller and come to more of a point
  • The chin seems a bit thick and the area where the jaw meets the head could use a little separation
  • Lower the eyes a bit and maybe try rotating them out
  • Re-Shape the teeth to simplify but still define them

I know it seems like a lot, but they are small things that can change the overall look quite a bit.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I think that paw logo is the strongest one in the set. That said the wolf needs some help around the chin and fur, I would suggest tapering the chin and making the fur less pointy. Definetly better than the current one!

IMG_9004.GIF

Excellent!

Here are the jerseys for the Wolves. Fairly simple but I have added grey to the color scheme as it is quite apparent on the logo. Let me kno what you think

Chicago-Wolves.thumb.png.a0a6c422e2b52ca176ba9892ac93e382.png

Also here is something that I did a while ago but haven't showed yet. It is a modernization for the Rochester Americans.

americans-logo.png.e48c4e5d85d2aaaf252a6beaf7142bf4.png

Rochester-jerseys.thumb.png.372953b9499fc5ca5b2c370585aba62b.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

4 minutes ago, BengalErnst said:

Wolves update was awesome.. Americans yuck

My word, at the very least you could provide some constructive criticism and tell him why you don't like the jerseys :rolleyes:

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

The jerseys remind me of the South Carolina Stingrays a little too much... The stars on the stripes is also a little tacky for such a historic franchise.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived