Australian AFL National Team Guernsey

Alphabet Man

(For starters, I'd find a better template than just a basketball jersey.)

It's very derivative of the old Australian Cricket Board logo and one-day shirts. Colours are fine (gradient is probably not a good idea though), but the grey streaks need work to blend in better to the whole design.

Hmm, well it looks weirs as it isn't green and gold

An interesting comment, considering that the nearest real equivalent to an "Australian" Aussie Rules jumper is dominated by navy!

r11421_27086.jpg

The Australian "International Rules" guernsey, as worn vs Ireland for the hybrid AR/Gaelic series each year.

The bulldogs won't work until they get more money....there guernseys are currently made by Concept Spors (Home-Brand)

Some teams already have alts and aways:

Saints

Crows

Power

Cats

Roos

Eagles

Dockers

Demons

But i like the roos version

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

i know, i know some team have alts, that's why I said I did those two years ago when maybe only crows had alts. I didn't make them for all teams, and I think those teams that have lats are not too much different from original so when teams with similar colors play there is not improvement in color differencial.

Hmmm... there's some nice ideas in those, KC. I am particularly digging that Port strip! Please, keep them coming whenever you feel the inspiration :) One thing designwise: make the numbers bigger. Double digits should stretch most of the way across a players shoulders.

Several teams are adopting strips along similar colour lines to what you proposed - the Roos' royal blue away strip, Port's teal clash strip, Richmond's yellow strip trialled pre-season and the rumoured Collingwood clash strip for next year. I think the concept of what actually constitutes "different" is finally starting to sink in...

Archived