Identify This American Football Team/League

sc49erfan15

My best friend is on his honeymoon in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. He sent this picture from the wall of a sports bar wondering which league and/or teams it is.

The X on the helmet is obviously stolen from Xavier University. The shoulder patch on the player on the left with the red jersey and the red/gold "M" logo on the ball carrier's sleeve (not to mention the unique red/white "plus sign" helmet design) seem like they should stand out.

But... I'm stumped. Anyone?

19021498_10213229510958511_728923094_n.jpg?oh=e66b597427608d6e3edbcaaa3243c17d&oe=593B47B2

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

There seems to be an advertisement for "Alcent" on the ball carrier's helmet as well, but I can't find any companies online with that name. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this is either from Canada or in some sort of minor European league. If that is indeed an ad on the helmet (and on the shoulder patch), that precludes any American college or high school. It may be one of those obscure semi-pro football league in the States, though I'd be a bit surprised by that.

Also wouldn't surprise me if some of those colors are photoshopped.

Just now, kroywen said:

There seems to be an advertisement for "Alcent" on the ball carrier's helmet as well, but I can't find any companies online with that name. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this is either from Canada or in some sort of minor European league. If that is indeed an ad on the helmet (and on the shoulder patch), that precludes any American college or high school. It may be one of those obscure semi-pro football league in the States, though I'd be a bit surprised by that.

Also wouldn't surprise me if some of those colors are photoshopped.

I was thinking the same thing about a semi-pro or minor league. And, FWIW, I think the helmet says "akcent."

Update! There was another mural on the wall he didn't see.

This clearly shows the team in red is Denmark - I'm a bit ashamed because the helmet is so obviously the Danish flag. This time, they're playing Czechia, which is different from the first image. I can't find anything on that one, but spotting the "M" logo in red/gold, my money's on Montenegro (or Photoshop). The "X" helmet is probably the player's club helmet - it's common for European national American football teams to wear mismatched helmets.

IMG-866972568.jpg

18 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Update! There was another mural on the wall he didn't see.

This clearly shows the team in red is Denmark - I'm a bit ashamed because the helmet is so obviously the Danish flag. This time, they're playing Czechia, which is different from the first image. I can't find anything on that one, but spotting the "M" logo in red/gold, my money's on Montenegro (or Photoshop). The "X" helmet is probably the player's club helmet - it's common for European national American football teams to wear mismatched helmets.

First time I've seen a non-me private citizen say Czechia. Even their government said it was a failure. Well done.

Apparently these photos are on Shutterstock. This is from a game in Wolfsberg, Austria in 2009:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/wolfsberg-austria-august-18-american-football-36471952

The X helmet image has been heavily modified but was also originally Czech:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/wolfsberg-austria-august-18-american-football-36375385

On 6/8/2017 at 11:26 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

First time I've seen a non-me private citizen say Czechia. Even their government said it was a failure. Well done.

First I've heard of Czechia. I think it will just take time to catch on.

Archived