NAIA football rivalries

CrimsonBull9584

When 50% of your membership has left since 1974 (588 to 290), and since 2010 saw the number of Division 1 basketball playing schools drop from 111 to 97, they kinda went away. Even more so with those remaining have switched conferences lately.

GPACs Hastings, Doane, Midland and Concordia are about as deep as you're gonna go.

The only game I'm aware of is the "Brass Lantern Game" between Cumberlands and Union.

Beyond that, I can't find anything. I've tried looking on some teams' athletics pages, but most teams don't list who their rivals are. Which is a bit strange I think.

36 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

The only game I'm aware of is the "Brass Lantern Game" between Cumberlands and Union.

Themed "rivalry" games is neither what your title is nor your description.

Nebraska Wesleyan left GPAC for the IIAC in 2015 and ended the rivalry with Doane. Diane's student body named Concordia as the new "rival".

http://doaneline.com/sports/article_390fa998-8053-11e6-b20b-0753c6c53cef.html

The GPAC has four remaining Nebraska schools which all joined the conference in the same year.

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

What? I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say.

NAIA football rivalries just don't exist today.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

What makes you say that?

1.  Decimation of NAIA membership-most of the schools that were any good/cared about sports to the point where a rivalry would develop have bailed for the NCAA

2.  Massive conference realignment to compensate for the aforementioned decimation means that schools have broken up/ended rivalries that may have existed.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Though it's changed with the move to NCAA Division 2, I grew up when Western Washington was NAIA and the big rivalry game was against Central Washington. Though WWU's football team wasn't good until after I left, it was a big deal in town for "Central week". The rivalry even carried over to basketball and other non-football sports.

Archived