Dallas Cowboys going dark at home?

buzzcut

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I'd prefer if more teams wore white at home.

Why? It makes absolutely zero sense. It's called your "home COLORS" for a reason. The stadium, field art, logo, seats, apparel, are all adorned in your COLORS, not white. 

58 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I'd prefer if more teams wore white at home.

Why? It makes absolutely zero sense. It's called your "home COLORS" for a reason. The stadium, field art, logo, seats, apparel, are all adorned in your COLORS, not white

Because it looks cleaner.  The team in white always looks better; and the home team should be displaying its best look. I used to love it when the Giants would attempt to "psych out" the Cowboys by wearing white when Dallas visited.  I'd wish that the Giants looked like that all the time.

What's more, you still have the team colour in the uniform trim and (most often) in the helmets. This is true in baseball and basketball (no one forgets that the Dodgers' colour is blue because their uniforms are white); and, in a better time, it was true for hockey and lacrosse.  The trim colour is enough. 

There are probably a handful of exceptions; for instance, the Raiders should wear black jerseys at home.  But, generally, white at home should be the norm.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Time for the Cowboys to enter the 21st century and wear their colored jerseys at home.  The Redskins and Dolphins (most of the time) have decided to do so, and its time for the Cowboys as well.  The white unis at home all the time is completely bogus and NEVER was a fan of it.  Hopefully it is true we shall see.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There are probably a handful of exceptions; for instance, the Raiders should wear black jerseys at home.

Last year the Raiders made it like six weeks without wearing white. As a fan, I was a fan.

I love white at home for basketball and hockey but could go either way on football, which is convenient, because half the league for half the year feels the same way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's hard for a football uniform to be iconic like a baseball one is.  For one thing, the numbers, which take up the most real estate, make literally each jersey on a given team look different.  Also, besides the recent trend of neck wordmarks, there's not always a team-identifying mark (if the team has no sleeve logos for example.)

I'd argue that the Steelers black, Cowboys white, Raiders black, and Packers green probably qualify as iconic.

It's a bigger list if we're just talking helmets tho.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

As a fan, I was a fan.

I hope there's others that find this as amusing as I do.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd argue that the Steelers black, Cowboys white, Raiders black, and Packers green probably qualify as iconic.

It's a bigger list if we're just talking helmets tho.

I'd add the Bears and maybe the Jets to that. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived