Clippers to announce new arena in Inglewood

colortv

34 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

You know that the NFL is already salivating at the Super Bowl at the Rams stadium, but to throw in a state-of-the-art arena across the street, the media center at the big stadium, etc. Super Bowl week will be unreal.

They already knew The Forum was next door for Opening Night/Media Day.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

You know that the NFL is already salivating at the Super Bowl at the Rams stadium, but to throw in a state-of-the-art arena across the street, the media center at the big stadium, etc. Super Bowl week will be unreal.

If I'm tracking things right won't the clippers arena open in 2023, after the Super Bowl is played.

12 hours ago, dont care said:

If I'm tracking things right won't the clippers arena open in 2023, after the Super Bowl is played.

17 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

And it'll be another way that the NFL sticks it to MSG.

Once this new stadium is open, they're going to be hosting the Super Bowl once every 4 years, minimum. It's going to be LA, New Orleans, Miami, and one of the others thrown in: Houston, AT&T, Minnesota, Indy, Atlanta, Tampa, Arizona every rotation. But, it's going to get very consistent.

Clippers are third fiddle in that arena and it's probably about time. And much like the Islanders, I bet it's more lucrative to be the 2nd team in LA even if nobody cares than to ever be the first team in some smaller market, especially in the NBA. Ballmer's Clippers aren't the penny pinching club of Sterling era, so...they're going to be fine. Though it sucks to see the guy who was supposed to bring a team back to Seattle with an arena deal in LA but so it goes.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived