McQuaid Jesuit HS Soccer Concept by Scheuer

Scheuer

spread.thumb.png.935197c767ca5a16a0fa60956896e04f.png

Recently, I've been working on changing up my template and presentation for soccer jerseys. I decided to test out the ideas I've had on my high school Alma Mater, McQuaid Jesuit in Rochester, NY. McQuaid just went through a new rebrand, which hearkened back to the original marks from when the school was founded in the 50s. This led most of the teams to get new jerseys and gear. The only team that hasn't gotten new jerseys for some reason is the soccer team. I wanted to give them some new jerseys that were a little more sleek and had more personality than the template Nike kits that the team currently wears.

For the primary kit, I kept the traditional minimalist all white kit. A slashed stripe gradient design is found in the upper half of the kit, which pays homage to the seal of the school and the coat of arms of St. Ignatius Loyola. I updated the crest with the new Knight logo, and also added black trim with a splash of gold on the socks. For the secondary one, I elected to go for a more unconventional design. Drawing from the kit style of Sao Paulo or Spartak Moscow, a large alternate "M" logo lies at the chest of the kit, in front of a gradient hoop design. The numbers lie over the heart on the upper right. The black shorts, socks, and trim complement the bold gold shirt.

Let me know what you think of the presentation and the kits! Hope you enjoyed!

If you were going for personality, you got it. The white kit is minimalist, as you went for, and pulls it off pretty well. The colors work well together, and I feel the black striping is balanced out by the yellow logos.

The secondary kit has the most personality, though, as it's got a unique and interesting design, that I think works really well.

No complaints here. This is really nice.

Archived