Patreon's new logo.

CS85

The circle and the line aren't close enough to really read as a P for me. Even if it were more legible, though, it would be a downgrade.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

On 6/17/2017 at 8:19 AM, burgundy said:

Reminds me of the Rankin Bass logo, but much less legible.

Rankin-bass-1969_zps4nxznxxw.jpg

Definitley. The logo is very retro, but just not in a good way. I don't see it as being an instantly recognizable mark.

gYH2mW9.png

im liking the new identity. its sort of a Bauhaus-meets-modern-digital-design approach that feels pretty fresh. the colors are really nice and not as saturated as you might expect; the trendy thing would be to use a palette of neons, but it looks like these colors could have been pulled from Google's Material Design swatches. maybe they were. its easy to see how dated the previous logos were, they looked like something you'd find on 99designs in 2007— even if you're not familiar it still feels like an old blog logo. where the previous uses the style of the time and a thoughtless rotated "e" to try and make something ownable/memorable, the new icon actually has a concept to it that makes sense.  this old meets new idea (coin slot for an internet based product) falls into place very nicely with the visuals; the 1930s Bauhaus + modern minimalism thing. the wordmark is a modern sans (Gotham?) but its used in a way you'd expect Helvetica to be used in the 60s. the overall blending of old ideas and new is really smart and well executed. i like this a lot

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-16 at 2:42 PM, wildwing64 said:

I don't know if I prefer it over the old one, but the P being formed by a coin and a slot is a neat idea.

That's the explanation they should have came up with to define the new design, which at first glance looks flat and dull.

But if that's what it's supposed to be, then I accept and will get used to the new logo.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, VC// said:

Does anyone associate that place with anything but those lame cosplay chicks that try to get people to buy their non-nude risky pics?

Chapo Trap House!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived