NHL Preds, Sens & Ducks

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Silence of the Rams said:

#bowdowntooneofthemasters

...I appreciate the sentiment Rams, but the masters are the guys actually doing this for a living...

31 minutes ago, MSO94 said:

Sir..........................You are a god of design.

25 minutes ago, MSO94 said:

OK so the first page of this post all I see is this for each picture.

Any Ideas?

photobucket_zpsywwseiil.jpg

Thanks MS... and photobucket (just last week) has, without notice, stopped their 3rd party hosting, which has disabled millions of links to images and videos.

Everything that I have submitted to these pages over the years ( except for these last ones which I downloaded directly to this site) is unavailable for now. 

I can have that service back for $400.

I'll figure something else out.

Guest darkpiranha

About Photobucket, yikes!  I wish Dropbox or Google Drive/Photos had similar functionality, as I have subscriptions to both of those already.  

Love the Sens and the Ducks D.  Not feeling the Preds yet.  It's still too intricate for me.  I look at it, and my brain wants to identify the individual shapes rather than see a complete logo.  It looks cool on its own, but not so much when it's supposed to be the Preds.    Still, top notch stuff, as always. 

7 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

...I appreciate the sentiment Rams, but the masters are the guys actually doing this for a living....

Well if Nashville gets its Arena Football team back. A quick color change and boom they have a new logo. You're so good. You can make a logo for one thing and it'd be good enough for two or three

I'm still not feeling the Predators logo. Still looks too much like some sort of rodent. Might have something to do with the whiskers or even the slimness of the head.

Ottawa logo is much improved. Previous one looked too minor league, but now I have no issues.

For Anaheim, I'm not feeling the shield for the primary logo. The "A" on its own would imo look much nicer. 

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

On 7/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

Thanks Zeus...I simpled it out a bit.

I hear ya W. Thank you.

No, CL...unfortunately not this time.

You're right mee. Didn't catch that 'til you mentioned it. Thank you. 

I changed the angle/slant of the head. Thanks for the observation.

Thanks Ohio.

Thanks Bruins and Chaz... I changed the jawline to be a little more similar to their current logo. I simplified it a bit, but I found it lost some of its "hockeytonk" character if I simplified too much...

Thanks ww. I've done up a sample of the concept with the "D"uck as the main logo. 

I changed the look of the cat somewhat, #CL...

Yes...I hope I accomplished that...

Done !

Sorry to take so long to get back to you guys. I appreciate the feedback.

(Been busy and Photobucket has thrown a big wrench into things).

Sparky more incredible work by you with these logos.  I've seen a lot of your work in the past and it is top notch. Hailing from Long Island however  I can't help but call you out on the script D and the script ducks wordmark,  which you obviously copied directly from the Long Island Ducks  independent minor-league baseball team from the Atlantic league. You know better than anyone that you should give credit where credit is due. People are responding  and giving you credit for designing it and you didn't. 

Your Preds logo is still getting there. The stars on the neck remind me of a dog collar and I'm not sure they're even needed. I'd also bring back the bottom teeth and lose some "detail" to really put this over the top. 

You're always pushing your creative limits and we get to see it. 

Midway.png

Guest darkpiranha
4 hours ago, HALMANHAL said:

Sparky more incredible work by you with these logos.  I've seen a lot of your work in the past and it is top notch. Hailing from Long Island however  I can't help but call you out on the script D and the script ducks wordmark,  which you obviously copied directly from the Long Island Ducks  independent minor-league baseball team from the Atlantic league. You know better than anyone that you should give credit where credit is due. People are responding  and giving you credit for designing it and you didn't. 

I'll let Sparky speak for himself, but until you just posted this about the Long Island Ducks, I'd never heard of them or seen their logo.  It's not a stretch at all to think that Sparky came up with this idea having never seen the other one.  It's a simple design and kind of obvious when you look at it.  When I first saw Sparky's design I wondered why I'd never noticed before that the old Duck mask made a D shape.  Sparky has had an impeccable reputation on these boards, so I'd be hesitant to make any accusations of copying.

The Ducks logo design is brilliant and a great mash of their two eras. However, I'm not privy toward the double orange, it makes the concept feel too bright. I also have an extreme pet-peeve of teams using shields when their identity does not require one...like the Ducks.

You did a bang up job on the Sens. The logo looks is slightly too cartoony for my taste, but still good overall.

I don't really care for the Nashville logo (I like their current version) but your uniforms are well designed.

NSFCvyu.png

Archived