Lightning:

Honestly something's missing from this one, but everything I add makes it look worse so I decided to ask you all what you think. the L works pretty good but it seems empty. Again, these aren't really meant to replace the logo front of the jersey, most are meant to be shoulder patches, but this one feels empty.

AIhoO2c.png

Wordmark:

I thought trying to make it a wordmark would work a little bit better, and it does in some aspects, but it feels really empty still.

9Pp7iwQ.png

Canadiens:

I took the Fleur from the Montreal flag and tried to turn it in to an "M"which I think works pretty well, but I do think it needs some more polishing. I don't really like this better than their current logo but I think something like it could work as a shoulder patch

1:

mIiciM4.png

2:

Yo61jup.png

Some real good stuff here, Midwest. All are very clever concepts... some just need a bit of tweaking.

- I think that the keystone shape works great with robo-penquin

- The treble clef logo is is a VERY cool idea...maybe just simplified a bit, although as-is, it's got a nice classic feel to it.

- The Jets logo is one of the best that I've seen

- The Toronto flag-leaf is a great concept. Maybe ditch the blue outline and let the white "T" just bleed to the perimeter

- I don't know why, but the Wild really suits a "heritage" style, and that roundel is a beauty example.

- How would the lightning "L" look with a silver drop shadow to the right?

- I like the winged fleur-de-lis, although I don't think that Montreal would go that route because of the Nords. Nicely shaped logo though.

Overall, some very interesting, good concepts here...keep it coming!

12 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Some real good stuff here, Midwest. All are very clever concepts... some just need a bit of tweaking.

- I think that the keystone shape works great with robo-penquin

- The treble clef logo is is a VERY cool idea...maybe just simplified a bit, although as-is, it's got a nice classic feel to it.

- The Jets logo is one of the best that I've seen

- The Toronto flag-leaf is a great concept. Maybe ditch the blue outline and let the white "T" just bleed to the perimeter

- I don't know why, but the Wild really suits a "heritage" style, and that roundel is a beauty example.

- How would the lightning "L" look with a silver drop shadow to the right?

- I like the winged fleur-de-lis, although I don't think that Montreal would go that route because of the Nords. Nicely shaped logo though.

Overall, some very interesting, good concepts here...keep it coming!

Thanks! Do you think the Robo-pen works better with the half keynote or full?

The silver drop shadow is a pretty good idea, I'll give that a shot.

Yeah I kinda want these logos to be more representative of the area, so for the most part I am trying to pull stuff from flags, history, local icons and stuff like that when I can. I just pulled the fleur straight from the provincial flag and only after that did I think about the Nordiques. I think Montreal's flag is a little too detailed to implement well in a logo and I haven't been to Quebec so I will have to do a little more research on local icons when I revise that one.

Afterthought; take a look at Tampa's flag to see why I avoided that like the plague

I'm back after a bit of a hiatus with my redesign for the Wings. I think this would work really well as a shoulder patch. The Spirit of Detroit is a great statue in the city and I think it works really well with wings. I feel like I should add something in his hands but I am not sure what I would put there. As always C and C is always appreciated.

EAbPR7E.png

• 3 months later...
On 2018-01-24 at 10:34 AM, Midwest_surfer said:

I have attempted to make the Wings one more art-deco since Detroit seems like a vey Art-deco city. At least that was the impression left on me when I visited. 

i3ETwS3.png

Admittedly Art Deco style is something I am not super familiar with so if anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it.

Hi Midwest...I'd say that your illustrator skills are pretty darn good...nice crisp clean lines...I like this Detroit concept. It would make a great secondary, or promotional logo.

I don't think that you need the "ray-lines"...google "art-deco wings"... maybe the wings could be simplified a bit as a backdrop to the main figure...nice work!

Guest darkpiranha
On 2/3/2018 at 8:20 PM, Midwest_surfer said:

I revised the Jets logos to fill some space based on some of the response I got. I used the font from their 90's logo with a few adjustments here and there.

Old school:

xrPMoup.png

New:

is5AFPF.png

Sigh... this is great and only makes me sad that the Jets aren't using this logo.  I respect the thought behind the current one, but it's just so boring, and this has so much character.  THIS logo deserves to be a Stanley Cup winner at least once.  

Panthers:

I’ve been trying to come up with something for the Panthers for weeks now, and this is all I could come up with. It’s a start, but I can’t even really say it’s my own since the panther was pulled right off their shoulder patch. Fact is, I can’t do better than the existing shoulder patch on the Panthers jersey, it’s just perfect in every way IMO. So then I thought about trying for a main chest logo, keeping their sort of military thing they’ve got going on but I couldn’t find any retro-ww2 nose art reference images I liked so that’s staying in my back pocket for now. Then I thought about promotional logos and I think I came up with something. Not sure how it would be used but here it is

Y9oQTWg.jpg

Bruins:

I love the Bruins set but I really want them to bring brown back. So I took their current B spokes logo, changed it to dark brown and put a bear in the middle. I think this could work well as a shoulder patch on a 3rd jersey

Quksm7x.png

Lightning revision:

I added some shadows and I think I’m on the right track with this one

ocOehHK.png

As always, any C&C is appreciated.

13 hours ago, Midwest_surfer said:

Panthers:

I’ve been trying to come up with something for the Panthers for weeks now, and this is all I could come up with. It’s a start, but I can’t even really say it’s my own since the panther was pulled right off their shoulder patch. Fact is, I can’t do better than the existing shoulder patch on the Panthers jersey, it’s just perfect in every way IMO. So then I thought about trying for a main chest logo, keeping their sort of military thing they’ve got going on but I couldn’t find any retro-ww2 nose art reference images I liked so that’s staying in my back pocket for now. Then I thought about promotional logos and I think I came up with something. Not sure how it would be used but here it is

Y9oQTWg.jpg

Bruins:

I love the Bruins set but I really want them to bring brown back. So I took their current B spokes logo, changed it to dark brown and put a bear in the middle. I think this could work well as a shoulder patch on a 3rd jersey

Quksm7x.png

Lightning revision:

I added some shadows and I think I’m on the right track with this one

ocOehHK.png

As always, any C&C is appreciated.

Panthers...I looked over a whack of retro aviation logos for my "Aces" project. The only image that comes to mind that might work would be a "panther-ized" version of the famous "Flying Tiger" insignia.... Although maybe not a primary logo, (a little too literal) that Florida logo is still pretty nice. You're right; perhaps a promo logo.

Bruins...That's one of the better Boston "Bear" logos that I've seen...nice!

Lightning...Yes, you're on the right track. The Lightning could/should work a metallic silver into their colours...'twould look pretty decent and set it apart from the "Leafs" a bit.

• 1 year later...

Back again after a while away.

I think there’s a distinct lack of negative space utilization in NHL logos since the Whalers left so I tried to add and anchor in to this Islanders logo, but I think it kinda looks like a devil tail. C+C is appreciated as always.

wgVHhdX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edit: it also occurs to me just now that the right arm of the Y is annoyingly a little bit shorter than the left arm. I’ll fix that when I get home.

Archived