Minor League Baseball News

sam the man

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All MLB franchises but the New York Yankees and Colorado Rockies have posted stories to their official team websites announcing the MiLB teams to which affiliation invitations had been extended. The Yankees had previously announced the MiLB teams they'd be affiliating with going forward, doing so on November 7th. As for the Rockies, they're likely waiting to learn whether the Fresno Grizzlies are willing to move to the A classification California League before announcing their slate of affiliates.  

They killed the Kane County Cougars?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Lake County is the 6th Mid-Atlantic team. BTW, I have compiled the full league lists at the following:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hiuzvnj3Gqg1TUTJqJeOEkTsNYFV9fZD9mtBImfRPrc/edit

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

So the Cougars probably go into the American Association to fill the void left by St. Paul. The team's been around 30 years and has always drawn well, but I don't know how things will go if they're taking on 100% of the payroll and trips to Winnipeg and Cleburne.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Im very intrigued to see some league and divisional alignments, especially in Triple A and High A.  I sense a shift of having more teams in the International League might happen, but do they go with something other than a 16-14 split.

2 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

well, it's nice to see the Riverdogs get to stay. still don't know why Charleston isn't in the Southern League when either they or Columbia really should be, but at least they're still a team.

South Carolina is an outlier to the footprint of the Southern league, more so now that Jacksonville is gone.  The South Atlantic League is more of a fit for travel purposes.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

They killed the Kane County Cougars?

After pulling out of Peoria to go there the Rickettses decided they didn't like Kane County after all and the ChiSox are happy with a North Carolina-centric system.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I’ve been doing a bit of review of the MLB Partner Leagues (whatever that ends up being) The Frontier, Atlantic, and American Association,and I could see a bit of a realignment within these leagues with some possible additions like Kane County, Burlington IA, Clinton IA, and maybe Jackson TN.

5 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I’ve been doing a bit of review of the MLB Partner Leagues (whatever that ends up being) The Frontier, Atlantic, and American Association,and I could see a bit of a realignment within these leagues with some possible additions like Kane County, Burlington IA, Clinton IA, and maybe Jackson TN.

Realistically, Burlington and Clinton would probably be best served by membership in the summer collegiate Northwoods League. Yes, the circuit only plays a 72 game season, as opposed to the Midwest League's schedule of 140 games. That said, the bulk of the circuit's membership is located in states that the Bees and LumberKings were already traveling to as members of the Midwest League - namely, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin. There's also an existing Iowa-based club - the Waterloo Bucks.

Plus, having to foot the bill for player salaries in an independent minor league could prove financially challenging after years of counting upon MLB affiliates to do so. College players don't require such compensation. 

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Im very intrigued to see some league and divisional alignments, especially in Triple A and High A.  I sense a shift of having more teams in the International League might happen, but do they go with something other than a 16-14 split.

I heard mentioned, long time ago, that it would be a 10/20 split for less travel in Triple-A.

Archived