Minor League Baseball News

sam the man

10 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

They are making it to what they believe is good for them. Not for the small cities, fan bases, or even the players and staff who work with the teams. 

I honestly now at the point that I wish I can watch the KBO again on ESPN. I really miss watching NPB games online... Atleast, in my opinion, are refreshing to watch over the MLB stuff (unless it the Pirates then it like watching baseball answer to New York Jets. Prove me wrong!).  

Can't disagree. I miss watching the CPBL as it's next to impossible to find them online this year (when they're not in a league wide COVID suspension as they were last week). 

And I get that they're making what they believe is the best decisions for themselves, just don't see how they came to that asinine conclusion. Undermining MiLB undermines the very basis of your sport. It's like jackhammering the foundation of your house for no reason and with no extra support in place to offset the damage. They're turning whole cities and regions off to the game. Not to mention screwing over cities that built their teams stadiums, their own ownership groups, etc... The amount of ill will they created in one week will take a couple decades to repair. If they even bother to do so. And the :censored: will flow uphill in this case negatively impacting MLB proper eventually. 

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Can't disagree. I miss watching the CPBL as it's next to impossible to find them online this year (when they're not in a league wide COVID suspension as they were last week). 

I rarely seen any CPBL stuff compared to KBO and NPB. NPB used to be a bit easier for me to watch back in 2019 while KBO back in the 2015-16 used to have games posted on SpoTV YouTube channel. I used to archive them but after a recent dead drive, I no longer have them and I can't find them anywhere on YouTube... *sigh* 

Also, don't know if this was brought up yet but this article was shown on my Google News feed the other day. Think i will throw this is as well, the MLB needs to be sued.

https://www.sfgate.com/athletics/amp/Why-were-Oakland-A-s-minor-league-players-served-16218376.php

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

16 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

I rarely seen any CPBL stuff compared to KBO and NPB. NPB used to be a bit easier for me to watch back in 2019 while KBO back in the 2015-16 used to have games posted on SpoTV YouTube channel. I used to archive them but after a recent dead drive, I no longer have them and I can't find them anywhere on YouTube... *sigh* 

Also, don't know if this was brought up yet but this article was shown on my Google News feed the other day. Think i will throw this is as well, the MLB needs to be sued.

https://www.sfgate.com/athletics/amp/Why-were-Oakland-A-s-minor-league-players-served-16218376.php

Nah the A's need to be sued. This is just another in a long line of cheapskate moves by the A's owners going back to the mid-90's. They may play in a dump of a stadium, but they're not hurting for money and never have been, but use that stadium to cry poor constantly. Despite playing in the arguably richest region in the US. They're a pathetic excuse for an organization.  Worst part, it's been glamorized by crap like Moneyball to play up the scrappy underdog image of the team. Fact is, they're a rich team, owned by uber rich people, who penny pinch for the sake of penny pinching. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, we all know that horrendous idea of the MLB Draft League, right? Turns out, the league does allow games to go into extra innings meaning ties happen.

Anyway, the worst team in that league is the Frederick Keys at 2-14-2 while the best team is the Mahoning Valley Scrappers sitting at 12-7.

Archived