sam the man

Minor League Baseball News

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they steal the Crew they should have to use this logo for 10 years as punishment 

True!!!

On 4/21/2018 at 1:28 PM, monkeypower said:

I'd always heard the stories and comments about how MLB teams don't like having Las Vegas as the farm team, but I never entirely knew why. So what's the deal with Las Vegas?

On 4/21/2018 at 1:45 PM, Dilbert said:

Las Vegas has an older facility, but that will change next season. Most Eastern teams try to stay in the east in the International League, while the Western teams try to stay in the Pacific Coast League. The Central teams generally are split. Their is usually one more team in the Eastern/Central United States that has to be with a PCL team as their are more teams in the PCL than the IL. Las Vegas was usually the odd man out and the last team left available.

I'm honestly surprised the Brewers never tried to affiliate with Las Vegas.  Not just because of the owner's Vegas ties, but the Badgers played UNLV at Sam Boyd for years just based on how much Wisconsinites love to travel there.  I have to believe the Brewers could make some pretty good money selling tour packages to catch the Brewers prospects in Las Vegas.

14 hours ago, NicDB said:

I'm honestly surprised the Brewers never tried to affiliate with Las Vegas.  Not just because of the owner's Vegas ties, but the Badgers played UNLV at Sam Boyd for years just based on how much Wisconsinites love to travel there.  I have to believe the Brewers could make some pretty good money selling tour packages to catch the Brewers prospects in Las Vegas.

If Las Vegas hadn’t been actively harmful to player development, maybe they would have by now.

We’ll see what they do when the new facilities open.

That’s a bummer, but they kinda died with the Zephyrs anyway. Baseball in New Orleans has always been a bit of a hard sell from what I gather. OTOH, Wichita (Kansas, in general) has a pretty strong baseball culture from what I’ve seen. 

Bummer, though. We lose Colorado Springs and New Orleans in the same off season. The PCL is gonna look pretty different next year. 

PCL

Tacoma

Sacramento

Reno

Fresno

Salt Lake

Las Vegas

Albuquerque 

El Paso

Round Rock

San Antonio

Oklahoma City

Wichita

Omaha

Iowa

Memphis

Nashville

The Baby Cakes will definitely be missed. ?

The name was so bad, I thought it was a G League team.

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Bummer, though. We lose Colorado Springs and New Orleans in the same off season. The PCL is gonna look pretty different next year. 

New Orleans isnt leaving just yet. From what I heard is they will remain in NOLA and finish their lease while the new stadium in Wichita is being built. I think 2020 or 2021 is when they will move.

Any danger of Gwinnett losing their team even though it's a fairly new park? Attendance stinks. 

If we don’t get the Wichita Cowardly Lions, than I’ll be seriously disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, Gary. said:

If we don’t get the Wichita Cowardly Lions, than I’ll be seriously disappointed. 

Knowing Brandiose and the current state of new MiLB team names, it'll probably be the Kansas Winged Monkeys.

The No-Place-Like Homers...

Maybe they'll bring back the Wichita Wranglers. The last version moved to Springdale, Arkansas and became the Northwest Arkansas Naturals.

Put the Southern League double a club in New Orleans they can stay the Baby Cakes. Wichita can be part of the same farm system and be the Daddy Cakes.

Maybe they will do something goofy and be the Wichita Aerowingnutpilotwranglers.

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

Put the Southern League double a club in New Orleans they can stay the Baby Cakes. Wichita can be part of the same farm system and be the Daddy Cakes.

Unrelated, but I wish more teams did this. I’ve always had this dream where the A’s minor league teams we’re the B’s, C’s, and D’s. 

3 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Unrelated, but I wish more teams did this. I’ve always had this dream where the A’s minor league teams we’re the B’s, C’s, and D’s. 

Well, it'd be a step in the right direction if the A's and Salt Lake Bees became affiliates, but the Bees have been an Angels affiliate for years (and it looks to be staying that way for the foreseeable future).