Adidas NHL "fixes" - Sharks v2 (6/17)

B-mer

I'd say you got the Wild and Hurricanes perfect on the first try.  Absolutely outstanding sets that would easily make the league's top 10, maybe top 5.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you'll do for the Flames.  Or if you think the Avalanche road belongs in this series.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 12:51 PM, Morgo said:

I'd say you got the Wild and Hurricanes perfect on the first try.  Absolutely outstanding sets that would easily make the league's top 10, maybe top 5.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you'll do for the Flames.  Or if you think the Avalanche road belongs in this series.

Thanks.  I was planning on doing the Flames, but right when I was working on it Avi and Grant posted pretty much the exact thing I was doing, so didn't feel the need.  

Had a thought for Nashville though.  Unpopular opinion, but I kind of like their simple home (though I'd make small tweaks), and wanted to make changes to the road.  I guess a preview, but looking for some direction on the road set.  I'm torn between the bottom two.  The one on the right makes most sense for their current brand and emphasis on gold, but i just like the bottom left so much.  Top right was just for laughs.

empLsrd.png

Either of the bottom two would look great.  What would really put things over the top though is if you went with one of those two options and added a navy stripe on the home as well.  Just above the white so the white and yellow don't touch.

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, B-mer said:

Here's one i didnt really come to until recently with talk of the Islanders, but this was by far their best look.  With this, i'd let the Oilers go back to royal blue to separate the two.  

Now that’s my kind of Islanders concept! Good work.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess i'll throw this in here.  I made this concept about 2 years ago, but now i've applied it to the Adidas system, and made some small updates.  This came to me really when Toronto came out with their new set and I somehow translated some ideas from that to the Flames.  As i said at the time, i feel this is the best of almost everything when it comes to the Flames.  Red is now more dominant (and a little darker), black pushed back to an accent color, has the feel of the pre-edge set and elements from the set even before that, but more modern.  

EKCHwzQ.png

• 5 months later...

Didn't want to make another thread so I'll just continue with some concepts in this one.  

Here is a Sharks concept to blend the eras a little bit and balance out their uniforms with some hem stripes.  Their original uniforms are classic, and actually my first jersey I ever got was a that teal jersey.  But, I didn't want to just make throwbacks to those on an Adidas template. I also removed most of the orange and brought back silver.  

I edited the old fin shoulder patch to match the new shark.  Intended on using their new number font from their "stealth" alternates but I don't have the exact one, so I went close enough.  

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

No pun intended, but I think the Sharks road jersey is too heavy.... visually.  Weighted down too much at the bottom and the sleeves.  Maybe try it with the cleaner striping of the socks with white below the stripes?

I did look at that but I wanted more teal in it. 

• 5 months later...

Here's one for the Coyotes and a modern take on the kachina jerseys.  Limiting colors to red/black/sand (and white), more consistent logos.  I feel this gives them more of their identity back, especially how now no other team has the angled yokes. 

Sorry this one may appear messy in some spots, since i didnt have illustrator at the time i did the kachina design in a roundabout way, but the overall idea is there.  The home jersey i'm good with.  The road i went back and forth on different color combos but landed on this for the striping.  

M4M45N6.png

9 hours ago, B-mer said:

Here's one for the Coyotes and a modern take on the kachina jerseys.  Limiting colors to red/black/sand (and white), more consistent logos.  I feel this gives them more of their identity back, especially how now no other team has the angled yokes. 

Sorry this one may appear messy in some spots, since i didnt have illustrator at the time i did the kachina design in a roundabout way, but the overall idea is there.  The home jersey i'm good with.  The road i went back and forth on different color combos but landed on this for the striping.  

M4M45N6.png

It's nice how you removed a few colors from the palette, so there's not too much going on. It's a decent looking concept. A mix of past and present.

The crest is the current Coyote logo and the stripes are the kinda pixelated retro Kachina. I can't help but wonder what the current Kachina, the new one that they made, would look somehow on actual jersey stripes. I got the idea of updated everything for that uniform.

It’s an interesting thought. I’m not sure if I’d like that pattern on a jersey, but there is something to be said for trying a different Southwestern design. May call for some research. 

In all honesty the motivation behind it was the photos of Auston Matthews in the Arizona State uniform and what it would be like If he was traded or signed with the Coyotes in the future. They’d be primed for an overhaul for a new era, and this is the route I took. I’m making it for NHL 04 too so I can play that scenario out. :P

Made a Bruins alternate.  We've seen a leak of what they will apparently be wearing so far, and i'll have to hold off on judgement until we see the official release with the whole setup.  But, it seems to be a missed opportunity to not go with a gold jersey.  Here are two options, only difference being the yoke.  I think I like without the yoke more to give a different look from the home/road.  Very simple design based on their previous sock striping. 

38BkzIs.png

MQ4ybSw.png

On 8/26/2019 at 8:40 PM, habsfan1 said:

It's nice how you removed a few colors from the palette, so there's not too much going on. It's a decent looking concept. A mix of past and present.

The crest is the current Coyote logo and the stripes are the kinda pixelated retro Kachina. I can't help but wonder what the current Kachina, the new one that they made, would look somehow on actual jersey stripes. I got the idea of updated everything for that uniform.

I may borrow that idea for a revision to my Coyotes concept. That’s a really good idea. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 8 months later...

Here's one that's not much of a concept, but my probable unpopular opinion is this is my favorite Coyotes look.  Couple of small changes are adding the shoulder patch to both shoulders (using their newest version of it), made the red cuffs on the road a little slimmer compared to the proportions of the originals, added a hanger effect with the kachina pattern (my first hanger effect).  The kachina jersey can still be the alternate. 

I know it’s not a major thing but thoughts on the shoulder patches?  was there ever a reason they only did one before (or had it move from right to left with the edge rollout)? The only benefit I can see to keeping one is it is a unique feature no one uses often. Think Nashville is the only one currently. 

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Posting an update to my Sharks set.  Changed collar on the home, but otherwise i'm happy with that one.  Changed up the road but not sure.  Originally i wanted to do something like their original jerseys with the teal cuffs, but the color balance with the black seems off to me.  So, after looking at their first edge sets for a while and realizing how much i liked the roads from there, i tried this.  

B1ip8u5.png

Archived