CAFL League Redesign (UPDATE: 4/6 Guangzhou Power 7/14/17 )

ZionEagle

14 hours ago, willmoen said:

I like where you went with Shenzhen. The Black pants on the away give the whole set a nice touch. Can't wait to see what you have in store with Guangzhou.

I'm pleased to know you like it! The pants are technically a dark brown, but I can see how you'd think they're black. I'm glad to know it works for the away though.

Since there's no more feedback, I feel like it would be appropriate to move on to Guangzhou!

SYp2bEH.png

Kudos to Power for coming up with a semi creative logo. It's not the most aesthetically appealing logo, but they tried.

mTd5Wir.png

I really went out of the box for the redesign here. When I was brainstorming about what could convey power, a few things came to mind. I wanted to keep the muscle/football, but I didn't want to just make it a dismembered arm. So I decided to go with a flexing man that is reminiscent of an ancient Chinese warrior. It kind of looks like Shang from Mulan now that I think about it, but oh well :P I put him in a shield shape to kind of seal everything together. To keep the football bicep, I put the stitches there, and it almost looks like a scar. I figured that was a good, subtle way of including it. I suppose with the shield, this team will almost look like the Raiders. I was debating on whether or not to create a simpler alternate logo, but in the end I scrapped the idea.

Now let's get started on the uniforms.

PmBqfeI.jpg

Surprisingly, their home uniforms appear to be white. I was almost sure they'd be grey until I looked the team up. I couldn't find any pictures of an away jersey, but if they have one I'm sure it's just like all of the other away jerseys.

eIU3jS0.png

Alright, so I might have gone a little far out with these jerseys, hopefully they'll suit your fancies. I was seriously considering making the home jersey black, but in the end grey seemed to be the better choice. Keeping with the warrior theme, I thought shoulder "striping" that was reminiscent of Chinese armor would go well. I tried to keep a similar pattern with the pant and sock striping as well, however I didn't think it would work on the helmets.

I kept an outline on the numbers, similar to their old jerseys. I was thinking of abandoning the outline, but I feel it adds some contrast with the jerseys. I was originally going to go with black numbers on the white jersey, but in the end I decided that clashed too much with the shoulders. The number and nameplate font I went with was "Invader", I felt it was similar enough to the old font and gave me the desired look for this team. I went for mostly grey accents on the white jersey. The team hat features a simple grey stripe, with the Chinese inscriptions for the name of the team.

C&C is always appreciated! Hopefully I haven't been completely butchering this league yet. The next team, which I'm slightly altering the name of, will probably feature a more traditional uniform design.

See you next time with the Qingdao Clippers!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

I absolutely love the logo for Guangzhou. I love how you basically made the bicep into a football just to keep what they have in reality. The jerseys also look great as well. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see Qingdao.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

3 hours ago, willmoen said:

I absolutely love the logo for Guangzhou. I love how you basically made the bicep into a football just to keep what they have in reality. The jerseys also look great as well. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see Qingdao.

I appreciate the kind words! 

Anymore feedback or criticism for the Naja and Power before I move on to the Clippers?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

The naga is a great update, and what would the power look like if you got rid of the shield on the helmet, because right now it looks like the logo is really small. I love the sleeves, really clever! (Yes it looks a lot like Shang from Mulan)

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The biggest reason I love your take on the power is how incredibly unique it is. I've never seen a logo like that before (In a good way). Plus the muscle structure is on point, not one visible mistake, anything. Gonna go out on a limb and say this is the best work of the series so far. Epic job.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2017 at 6:17 PM, BellaSpurs said:

The naga is a great update, and what would the power look like if you got rid of the shield on the helmet, because right now it looks like the logo is really small. I love the sleeves, really clever! (Yes it looks a lot like Shang from Mulan)

I appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you like the Naja, I was a little nervous about how that team would turn out. For the Power, I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure how well I could execute that. Maybe I could have black chinese jian swords as an alternate logo for the helmet? You know, like crossed swords. Thank you! (Ha yeah, that wasn't really intentional, but it works right?)

On 7/15/2017 at 2:30 PM, Bruins said:

The biggest reason I love your take on the power is how incredibly unique it is. I've never seen a logo like that before (In a good way). Plus the muscle structure is on point, not one visible mistake, anything. Gonna go out on a limb and say this is the best work of the series so far. Epic job.

Your comment made my day man, I'm happy to know it has your approval!

Alright folks, I hope to post the Clippers possibly by tonight, keep your eyes peeled!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2017 at 4:25 PM, ZionEagle said:

I appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you like the Naja, I was a little nervous about how that team would turn out. For the Power, I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure how well I could execute that. Maybe I could have black chinese jian swords as an alternate logo for the helmet? You know, like crossed swords. Thank you! (Ha yeah, that wasn't really intentional, but it works right?)

Your comment made my day man, I'm happy to know it has your approval!

Alright folks, I hope to post the Clippers possibly by tonight, keep your eyes peeled!

Love the work, but it's been a while since you updated us. Everything ok? I've been eagerly anticipating your redesigned Clippers logo!

On 11/30/2017 at 10:22 AM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Love the work, but it's been a while since you updated us. Everything ok? I've been eagerly anticipating your redesigned Clippers logo!

Yes, everything is alright! I apologize for the wait, I've been busy with school and logolympiad, and needless to say this topic has kind of been on hold for a while. I'll have to start work on it again sometime soon, thank you for your patience :) 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived