Unleafing the Bolts: A Tampa Bay Lightning Concept

SplashBoogie

As much as I love the new Bolts logo and uniforms, when they're placed next to the Maple Leafs it REALLY drives home how similar the two are. While some clamored for the old set I honestly didn't like the striping and I prefer Tampa Bay as a blue base team as opposed to a black base.  Nevertheless, black and silver need to comeback to distinguish the Bolts from the Leafs and so here we are

DDNLNjEUwAAcD-F.jpg

DDNLNjEUAAAkT89.jpg 

One of my biggest pain points with the old set is that too much black weighed down the uniform. This is alleviated by keeping the black to a minimum secondary and brightening the blue. (It's for this reason there are sleeves on the road whites but not on the home blues.

DDNOabnVoAAEDE_.jpg

The primary logo stays almost the exact same as far as proportion but you can see the how the brighter blue pops allowing the use of black without added weight. The existing wordmarks would carry over just with the new blue used.

So Tampa Bay...ready to stop looking like you're in Ontario?

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

This has good potential, but I think the striping needs to match for it to be ice-ready. The best striping on your concept is on the road arms, so I'd apply that to the hem. For the home jersey, I'd take that striping, replace black with white and blue with black, then eliminate the space between the striping. I'd also try to make the logos more consistent. Nice job!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived