Habs'ing the NHL: Alternates (Vancouver added)

colinturner95

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

San Jose looks really good, and I think it has the perfect amount of orange to solidify that color as what it is supposed to be, an accent color

As a sharks fan, I do not understand. Is that not the same balance they have right now? I mean the stripe just carries. Not that I don't like the look, I am a strong supporter of chest stripes.

8 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

As a sharks fan, I do not understand. Is that not the same balance they have right now? I mean the stripe just carries. Not that I don't like the look, I am a strong supporter of chest stripes.

In their current uniforms, orange is very underused, it’s like they should remove it entirely. In these uniforms, Orange is more prominent, the chest stripe wraps around and it’s on the collar.

IMG_0720.PNG

Next up, the Blues: 

3Jxl8uP.png  s4JprGK.png 

Really have had nothing to complain about the Blues uniforms since they dumped the Reebok mess they started with. Although I'm not sold on the number color change with Adidas yet, but time will tell. So on their Habs'd up uniforms, I really didn't deviate too far from the existing look. I kept the sleeves basically the same and used the real life home sock pattern as the basis for both chest stripes. Kept he home uniform numbers yellow. I felt that it contrasted the best. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Up next, the second half of the NHL's New York presence: 

aedJYVL.png rQGj3RG.png 

First off, I wanted to say that I tried to keep the Rangers font on the front rather than use the logo, but no matter what I did, it just didn't look right or good. But that problem aside, I think these actually look really good. I wouldn't mind seeing these in real life. Like the last time I concepted the Rangers, I made the uniforms a bit more consistent across the two, namely in the shoulder striping and the lack of colored cuffs. Nothing too much changes. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

11 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I think you're forgetting about Buffalo! Haha

NYR's road would look reeeeeal good on the ice

And Buffalo is one of the four NHL teams I've seen play *inserts facepalm gif here*

Geographical mistakes aside, lets go across country and borders for the next team: Edmonton: 

jRjEdQz.png ZGwKHkI.png 

Time for a mini rant: What the hell Edmonton? I get that the orange jersey was popular. I get that you don't want to be stuck in the past looking like the dynasty year, but if a look isn't broken, why bother messing with it? You had a beautiful look and now its gone..... I might have gotten a little carried away with my thoughts on the Oilers new threads, but I digress. Anyways, I stuck with the royal and orange rather than the navy. Kept the home uniform blue and really didn't change too much more than that. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Well. We've arrived at the team that inspired this whole thread. The Habs themselves: 

Spoiler

7SdXtWY.png geVvF3I.png 

Spongebob "You thought..." - You Thought I was gonna HABS' The Habs  Didn't you?

If you read the spoiler, I hope you enjoyed it :P. If you didn't here's another one: 

Spoiler

LLIfwd1.png dYzYdXL.png 

Not much to say, 10 points if you can find the minor change I made! 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Thank you. When i clicked on this i thought, 'If he Habbed the Habs...' Thankfully you didn't, although the Habs really will never look right unhabbed, in a vacuum its a nice looking jersey.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

On 8/21/2017 at 2:02 PM, NoE38 said:

Is it the hem stripes being added to the sleeves?

13 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Is the subtle change going with double thickness outlining on the red sweater numbers so that the interior number matches those on the white sweater while maintaining the same overall shape with different striping?

I didn't actually realize what I did on the home numbers and how it better matches the away jersey, so you both win! There really wasn't a whole lot you could do to the Habs without the traditionalists' pitchforks coming out and I think that they were well received. 

And now to a not so traditional team: The Mighty Ducks:

TgTjB3F.png L8xSkdM.png

Anaheim's brand doesn't bug me like it used to. Since they began using the webbed D on the chest instead of the wordmark, and promoted the then alternates I think they have actually looked really good. On that note, I adapted the same swooping stripes on their real jerseys into a habs'esque stripe. I also kept the phantom yokes, but dropped the black shoulders from the away jersey. I just liked the way the orange seemed to pop off from the white jersey. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 8/21/2017 at 2:42 PM, bkknight95 said:

Well. We've arrived at the team that inspired this whole thread. The Habs themselves: 

Hide contents

7SdXtWY.png geVvF3I.png 

Spongebob "You thought..." - You Thought I was gonna HABS' The Habs  Didn't you?

If you read the spoiler, I hope you enjoyed it :P. If you didn't here's another one: 

Hide contents

LLIfwd1.png dYzYdXL.png 

Not much to say, 10 points if you can find the minor change I made! 

C&C welcome!

In the top picture, you de-habs the red jersey and in the bottom picture, you habs the white jersey.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

Archived